Commission Exclusion

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JimmyK

Commission Exclusion

When one sees that McLaren have been left out of the commission, despite being more 'senior' than Williams, one wonders just why Frank Williams and his team are more preferable to the FIA than Ron Dennis and his team... hmmm.

Basically, it's a load of ****
Toyota and McLaren must be absolutely gutted, both deserve just as much recognition as the others. Super Aguri you could probably excuse for their new-ness. Toro Rosso don't matter as Red Bull has a place, and Midland, interestingly, were given the heave-ho, despite there being no other Russian team, on the grounds that there's only 6 places allocated to the teams.

In short:

THEY MUST BE JOKING!
Last edited by JimmyK on 31 May 2006, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

manchild

Herr Max has spoken. :roll:

Did you expect anything different from him?

Instead of democracy where you had all teams voting he cuts that in half.

I really, really don't get how Red Bull or Honda can be on that list and Mclaren not. They were crazy to sign concorde...

Scuderia_Russ

Begs the question why weren't they accepted?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tp
Tp

"McLaren-Mercedes has been a notable critic of F1's powers-that-be in recent years and was one of the more hard-line members of the dissident Grand Prix Manufacturers Association."

JimmyK

one wonders just why Frank Williams and his team are more preferable to the FIA than Ron Dennis and his team
lol, I was hinting at the obvious there:
"McLaren-Mercedes has been a notable critic of F1's powers-that-be in recent years and was one of the more hard-line members of the dissident Grand Prix Manufacturers Association."

Sawtooth-spike

If you cant beat them join them,

However in this case its

If you cant beat them, join them... get shafted

i find it really funny, basicly becasue there are so many teams that have a large number of english or british workers in F1, and Alot of team use british parts for there cars.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Scuderia_Russ

Sawtooth-spike wrote:i find it really funny, basicly becasue there are so many teams that have a large number of english or british workers in F1, and Alot of team use british parts for there cars.
What has nationality got to do with it?
-Henry Ford-

Sawtooth-spike

Scuderia_Russ wrote: What has nationality got to do with it?
ITV-f1.com wrote: The selection was based on the entrant’s nationality, and with Britain fielding three teams in 2008 (McLaren, Williams and Prodrive), Williams was given the nod.
that bit
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

zac510

Well if McLaren got it then you'd all be complaining that SFW got shafted for no good reason. So make up your mind. It ain't a conspiracy.

Sawtooth-spike

But surely it creates a "them and us" Scenario. Why not just let all the teams have a seat?, Except STR and Super agrui as they are basicly B teams.

I am not miffed cus its Mclaren, i am miffed cus its not really fair. What if BMW were left out or Honda or even ferrari. Its a silly way of working it out. If there is a set number of places why not do it by a vote? (not allowing the teams to vote for themselfs)

Scuderia_Russ

Sawtooth-spike wrote:
Scuderia_Russ wrote: What has nationality got to do with it?
ITV-f1.com wrote: The selection was based on the entrant’s nationality, and with Britain fielding three teams in 2008 (McLaren, Williams and Prodrive), Williams was given the nod.
that bit
Gotcha, I didn't see that anywhere so I had to ask.
-Henry Ford-

Sawtooth-spike

no probs,

I read a little more about it, apparently there was a vote, just wondering who voted

manchild

True question is WHY Mosley does it?

Isn't it better and more realistic if all teams have the right to vote?

JimmyK

surprised he didn't knock out Williams actually, Sir Frank wouldn't have been able to give him the smack he so richly deserves for all this :wink:
but, although the thought of Patrick Head giving Max a 'piece of his mind' amuses me, it is McLaren who have been shafted, so I wonder what their next move will be?

as it stands, sometimes I almost think he's trying to get certain teams to leave.

jaslfc

could it be that mclaren is 1/2 owned by merc ..so its half german.. and maybe they want a full british team.. i dont understand why dont they just allow all teams to participate...