British GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

Not Ralfys fault really, sure he would have been safer just to let it spin out but bear in mind he got hit by Speed and his natural reaction was to counter steer. He actually had it going the right way aswell and regained control for about 0.3s before Webber came. Webber was just on the wrong piece of track at the wrong time and if he'd avoided Ralf everyone else probably would've too.

Besides, sods law dictates that if Webber had've avoided that accident with an increadable piece of driving the likes we have never seen before he would undoutably have got into the lead on the penultimate lap only to have the car spontaneously combust and roll to a halt within 300m of the line. doh.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Lightspeed

Tom wrote:Mulling the Alonso restart situation over while walking the dog I thought that it doesn't seem fair that MS should park the car and cause minor danger to the following cars yet when Alonso does a far more dangerouse manouver (which MS has done in the past also) he goes unpunished. I'm an Alonso fan but that put me off him a little today. Please don't start a 25 page thread on it though.
Must have been a spainish guy who got to decide about any penalty ... again :evil: :x

Also, was alsonso sppeding and setting fastest laps even under yellow flags ?

Principessa

It was indeed not Ralf Schumacher's fault. Both him and Webber were the victim of Scott Speed. Speed touched Ralf who was pushed in front of Webber's car. Nothing Ralf could do about that

Tom

no set speed limit under yellows and the stewards can't prove he didn't do a blinder round the part of the track under green flags.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

200th GP for Renault and Fernando's win was cherry on top of the cake.

Fisi showed that he has no balls again. When he had clear track he was closing on Kimi and when he should have shown some bravery and overtake he got frozen. I'm sure they didn't tell him somthing like "...you're 8 kph faster on straight than Kimi... c'mon!... this is revenge for Suzuka..." if they weren't sure he was much quicker than Kimi.

BTW, did anyone notice that visor foil Fisichella picked up got stuck in his front right upright/brake duct? It was a rare thing to see and up till now I thought it was imposible due to airflow over the front wing.

Ralf shouldn't be blamed as Scott Speed did same kind of thing as Ide in Imola. I wonder if FIA will be impartial and take same action on him - take away his superlicence? :roll:
Last edited by manchild on 11 Jun 2006, 23:44, edited 3 times in total.

flynfrog

manchild wrote:200th GP for Renault and Fernando's win was cherry on top of the cake.

Fisi showed that he has no balls again. When he had clear track he was closing on Kimi and when he should have shown some bravery and overtake he got frozen. I'm sure they didn't tell him somthing like "...you're 8 kph faster on straight than Kimi... c'mon!... this is revenge for Suzuka..." if they weren't sure he was much quicker than Kimi.

BTW, did anyone notice that visor foil Fisichella picked up got stuck in his front right upright/brake duct? It was a rare thing to see and up till now I thought it was imposible due to airflowover the front wing.

Ralf was not blame as Scott Speed did same kind of thing as Ide in Imola. I wonder if FIA will be impartial and take same action on him - take away his superlicence? :roll:
bull
watch it agin only pretend the cars dont have colors it was a simple race accident speed got a great start was inised of ralf and ralf came down into him

most of your posts make me wonder if you have ever drivin in a race you have great tech annalisis but you seem to think racing should favor whatever driver you like better :roll:

manchild

Sorry, I think you’ve misunderstood the point of my post concerning Ide and Speed. I'm not the one who supported idea that Ide should be expelled from F1 and I even wrote here about it but since he was expelled I wonder why was Speed's move lesser "crime" than Ide's? I wouldn't expel any of them from F1 because those were all racing accidents so I'm only questioning FIA's impartiality. That's all.

jaslfc

maybe coz speed is american and also backed by redbull.. its no secret that f1 has been trying to break into the us market.

just want to add.. wat a dominating performance by renault/alonso. No one had a chance to come close to him.One of the best drives by alonso. No mistakes and he just pulled away

flynfrog

manchild wrote:Sorry, I think you’ve misunderstood the point of my post concerning Ide and Speed. I'm not the one who supported idea that Ide should be expelled from F1 and I even wrote here about it but since he was expelled I wonder why was Speed's move lesser "crime" than Ide's? I wouldn't expel any of them from F1 because those were all racing accidents so I'm only questioning FIA's impartiality. That's all.
because if you eject speed for the crash than ralf has to go to

ive raced quad mx for years ive been in bot peopel shoes as you saw today sometimes you come in to hot other times out of nowhere you get punted it happens say speed would have hit the brakes more than likely he gets rearended

look at both drivers comments both said its just racing

unlike ide speed genraly dosent crash in practice qualy and the race
yes he does make rookie mistakes but so has every one else

if it would have been muchel in ralfs place you would be screaming aobut how shumi wrecked speed

flynfrog

on the other hand i thought it was a verry well played out race today the best cars and drivers finished at the top nice run by the renault team and congrats to the silver bullets for not exploding

vyselegend

manchild wrote:
I don't understand what you all have against Fisi today. He was out performed by Fernando, so was Felipe by Michael and so was Juan Pablo by Kimi. First seat drivers are doing better than second ones, Ok so things are in order. If it wasn't the case, then it would be a problem. FA was allways fastest than GF, actually even in races GF won he was slower, that's not new.

Today the fact is that Fernando steadily controlled his direct opponents, MS and KR, and GF did the same with his, FM and JPM. So for me, the job is well done.

Overtaking here at Silverstone seemed very difficult for everyone. If it's enough to be a few km/h faster to overtake, then why MS didn't pass Kimi, and had to rely on pit strategy? yet he showed later he was confortably faster.

I'd like to add also (since I'm taking Fisi's defence), that he wasn't that faster than the Macca, actually he bounced back mostly because of Kimi having traffic, and being a bit slower in first sector, at that time Raikonen did some laps in 1'23and fisi was more in the 1'22, but when he was here Kimi reacted and showed the same pace, appart for first sector. Dennis Chevrier told on TV that if they gave full power to the italian, he would only win 2 km/h, which wasn't enough, so seriously, I think overtaking was unreasonable, and could only have been possible if Kimi would have make a mistake...

manchild

Problem with Fisi is constant lack of performance. This was 27th race for him as Alonso's teammate and never was he close to be better or even as good as Alonso. He scored better result when Alonso had qualifying problems (Australia 2005 and Malaysia 2006) and apart from that he can't match him.

If he could only do what Barichello was doing for Ferrari and that is be one or two places behind first driver it would be excellent for Renault. Just look at the points… he has scored less than 50% points than Alonso just like he had in 2005 when he finished season as 5th in the car that won WDC and WCC?? :?

Today he dropped from 3rd in standings where he jumped after Kimi's engine blow in Monaco back to fourth. Simply, he’ll continue this point picking as long as he is in F1 and that is what almost any midfield driver can do. I’m sure that Kovalainen or Montagny would be able to follow Alonso into 1st & 2nd or at least 1st & 3rd victories.

LoRdVaMPz

i dun think alonso was that dominant in the race as wat the time says....i mean u have to look at it that schumi was stucked behind kimi for more than half of the race ....as we all know over taking ere is quite impossible..because u can;t stay tpp close to the car in front or u;ll lose grip..no doubt alonso drove a very good race ...but i still think alonso would have won even if schumi started on 2nd....but i guess the gap won;t b that big....anyways i think alonso won it with the extra fuel n that good qualifying lap .... btw...when was the last time alonso retired from a race due to mechanical failure or driver error??just wondering

manchild

LoRdVaMPz wrote:btw...when was the last time alonso retired from a race due to mechanical failure or driver error??just wondering
Canadian GP 2005 (hit the wall). Before that Monza 2004.

Ciro Pabón

LoRdVaMPz wrote:... as we all know over taking ere is quite impossible..
I'd say this phrase is being applied to more and more circuits. Did you see GP2? It is definitely an institutional problem. This is the state of affairs in the 21st century: 1 race won by "other". Some people wonder why Button cannot win.

Wins

Code: Select all

2006: Ferrari  2									  Renault 4	 Other 0
2005: Ferrari  1	McLaren 10					 Renault 8	 Other 0
2004: Ferrari 15	McLaren  1	Williams 1	Renault 1	 Other 0
2003: Ferrari  8	McLaren  2	Williams 4					 Other 1
2002: Ferrari 15	McLaren  1	Williams 1					 Other 0
2001: Ferrari  9	McLaren  4	Williams 4					 Other 0
2000: Ferrari 10	McLaren  7									  Other 0
Ciro