F1 Budgets

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
F1freak
F1freak

F1 Budgets

I was wondering (I checked the articles but didnt see anything on it) about what the spending budgets for current F1 teams are on a yearly basis. It seems like an easy conclusion that the team that spends the most wins in Formula 1. Recently it has been Ferrari - but by how much? What does Ferrari's Formula 1 team budget look like? How does it compare to the likes of Mclaren, Williams, Renault, Toyota? Any ideas? If I had to guess I'd order them in the following way but wouldn't know what figures to put next to them:
1. Ferrari
2. McLaren
3. Williams
4. Renault/Toyota
etc
etc

Mclaren11
Mclaren11

There is an exelent article on F1 Budgets in a recent issue of F1 Racing magazine I will post the exact issue date when I get home.
There are more than 40 lego's for every person on the planet.

F1freak
F1freak

Unfortunately I dont get the magazine. Is there any way you can post the text/details?
Thanks.

SpeedTech
SpeedTech

well I found that issue of F1 Racing Mclaren, it was the March '03 issue. :)

But most importantly is the information F1freak needs, so here it is mate. :wink:

1. Ferrari : $443.8 million
2. BMW-Williams : $353.3 million
3. McLaren-Mercedes : $304.6 million
4. Toyota : $290.4 million
5. BAR-Honda : $225.1 million
6. Renault : $206.8 million
7. Sauber-Petronas : $119.5 million
8. Jordan-Ford : $79.2 million
9. Jaguar-Cosworth : $78.8 million
10. Minardi-Cosworth : $39.6 million

Hope that satify's your hunger, LOL.

Nearly forgot those figures are per annum. :wink:

joseff

If those numbers are correct, then Jaguar are doing a super super job on that budget.

Then again, Mark Webber would make any racecar look good :P

F1freak
F1freak

Thank You for posting these values.
Some interesting information. Didn't realize that Williams spent more than McLaren. Also, I agree on Jaguar's utilization of their budget - Jordan could probably use some pointers. Finally, Renault spend a lot less than I expected and for that they are doing an outstanding job.

Thanks again.

Steven
Owner

idd I was thinking exactly the same here.
Although, I have serious doubts with Williams having a greater budget than McLaren.. these guys have a large sponsorship deal with a tobacco giant (who have much money :D) , which results in building a technology centre (state of the art btw), and working on 2-3 cars at the same time...

Nontheless, I think that Williams was the only team who realised a yearly profit last year ;)

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

going back to the Jaguar budget....well....they are having some $$$$ problems.....it seems that the budget mentioned in F1 Racing is not the real thing...some people believe that they are running with an evenm smaller buidget...and according to what Jag said at the begining of the year...they might race next year with this years car.....