Flavio Briatore runs the FIA

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RH1300S
RH1300S

Flavio Briatore runs the FIA

Well, a question actually...........

Could he do Max's job and would he be good at it?

To my way of thinking he is probably one of the few men around with the intellect to stand up to the constructors and manufacturers; also a man who is able to see the big picture while all around him a sinking in their own petty agendas.............

manchild
manchild

Personally, I'd like to see someone impartial running FIA. Having Max, Flavio or Todt is the same thing as if UN president would be former president of USA, Russia, China....

I'd put a woman, motorsport enthusiast from some third-world country with good organising skills to run FIA.

RH1300S
RH1300S

manchild wrote:Personally, I'd like to see someone impartial running FIA. Having Max, Flavio or Todt is the same thing as if UN president would be former president of USA, Russia, China....

I'd put a woman, motorsport enthusiast from some third-world country with good organising skills to run FIA.
Well, Belgium is not exactly a Third World country if you were hinting at someone not a million miles from here :wink:

joseff

Ah, you're looking for the Kofi Annan of motorsports.

flynfrog

i think he would be terrible like manchild said

he has also said in the past its the show that matters not the racing

i dont not agree

bhall
bhall

joseff wrote:Ah, you're looking for the Kofi Annan of motorsports.
No, I think he's looking for someone who's effective.

flynfrog

bhallg2k wrote:
zing :lol:

andyF1

Personally I would vote for Paul Stoddard!

He takes no prisoners and he speaks his mind. Give him the job and we would get the rules & F1 sorted in no time.

joseff

bhallg2k wrote:
Touche. An "impartial person" is just a stone's throw from "passionless drone". Flavio gets my vote.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Aaahhh.....good old Stoddy

Well, he's a top man; but I can see that (if you like) - guys like Briatore/Bernie would run rings around him.

Ciro Pabón

We, in the "Recidivism Party" propose our candidate, the one and only Dr. Graeme Murray Walker. At least, he put some humour in it and created few antagonisms. Besides, it is impossible to run around Murray without tripping.
Ciro

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Briatore got involved in F1 because he was involved in Benetton. Although he may have the image of a swinging playboy, gold chains, tan, open shirt and models hanging off his arms, he's an effective man.
He did a very good jon making Renault into a genuine contender, I don't see any reason why he doesn't have the qualifications to run F1.