114 races ??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djones

114 races ??

And 1 win on a day where nearly anybody could have won.

He did well today but the commentators made me laugh! I think one of them on the ITV ejaculated in his pants saying how great it was.

It’s pathetic. Why do the English (I’m English) have to kid themselves about how good he is and get carried away with one lucky (lets be honest, it was) win?

Sawtooth-spike

Luck???

Look at this way, how many times did he spin off????

he was the Fast all day long

He Came form 14th (i think) and beat Everybody on track.

The only luck he had was alonso not finshing.

He Earned it and he worked for it.

Well done jenson!!! You Earned this one!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

djones

He did well I will admit that, but the fact he won was luck in my opinion.

Look at it this way... If the conditions were 'normal' and either Kimi, Alonso or Schumacher had finished would he have won?

I think not.

Sawtooth-spike

i can see you point, but the same could be said about some other wins this seaons. "What if's" dont really come into. Luck is a factor, but that fact is he Drove one hell of a race.

But admit, i hope the media dont go to crazy, about it
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

i70q7m7ghw

Before you go calling it all luck look at where Jenson finished and then look at where Rubens finished, then think about where they started on the grid...

There was a factor of luck involded, definately, but there always is in motor racing. Had Alonso not retired I still feel Jenson would have been in contention for the win.

You can call out all the if's and buts you like, IF Kimi didn't crash, IF Alonso's driveshaft hadn't broke... The fact is Button didn't crash his car into the back of someone elses and the Honda's driveshaft didn't break during a race... Button, the RA106 and the strategy was the right combination to win todays wet Hungarian GP...

dumrick

Yeah, that was obviously a great drive by Button and he can't have bad luck all the time...

Two things: I don't really believe in the driveshaft theory. It seemed clear that the wheel nut fell off and Liuzzi screwed it big time, getting the acceleration out of the corner all wrong and staying in the racing line...

manchild

Imagine what will happen if stewards find his Honda to be illegal :lol:

djones

manchild wrote:Imagine what will happen if stewards find his Honda to be illegal :lol:
Lets hope so. MS finished 9th so that would put him in the points :D

manchild

Noooooooooo! :lol:

bhall

manchild wrote:Imagine what will happen if stewards find his Honda to be illegal :lol:
I wouldn't put it past the hyperactive stewards this weekend.

i70q7m7ghw

I don't understand why Schumacher wasn't called in because of his tyres, dont the rules say tyres are not meant to gain performance as they wear down to slicks?

RH1300S

djones wrote:He did well I will admit that, but the fact he won was luck in my opinion.

Look at it this way... If the conditions were 'normal' and either Kimi, Alonso or Schumacher had finished would he have won?

I think not.
Come off it..........remember Senna @ Donnington - conditions weren't normal then - if they were he would not have had a prayer against the Williams cars.

Jenson drove a classy race; he started 14th don't forget!

Alonso & Michael both drove great races (Alonso was superb)...........

To be honest before Alonso had his problem I was beginning to think that Button may have had the legs to win anyway..........we'll never know.

A win is a win and this one was earned through some brilliant driving in trying conditions...........he was fast in all parts of the race 8)

manchild

If Alonso didn't quit there'd be no chance for Button. He had several second lead but he was on intermediate and than went once more in pit when he switched to dry tyres.

Anyway, a win is a win. First one for Button and Honda.

wazojugs

Jenson drove a good race and was fortunate for Alonso to retire but apart from that he drove the same piece of track as everyone else in the same conditions.

Yes James Allan do over do it

Ciro Pabón

Button and Honda deserved it. He had what we call "the luck of the champion". The champion is always lucky. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be the champion.
Ciro