Villeneuve to Renault?...again

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
G-Rock
G-Rock

Villeneuve to Renault?...again

You heard it right here, my business associate in Quebec City has been faxing me clips of the local newspapers there linking Renault to JV. They are fairly credible media sources (La Presse etc) and have reported the original link to Renault in 04 with the same timeliness.
Well you heard it from me first.
Any other Canadians out there with this info? According to the one article, a deal had been signed sealed and delivered.
VILLENEUVE!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Principessa

Villeneuve would outpace Fisichella every race! That would be amazing if Villeneuve could stay in F1!!

Steven
Owner

Oh no now I must behave like I have not read this because I might become ecstatic :o

Well in some other post of mine somewhere here I already noted I was hoping such a thing. Renault was very happy at the time of his 3 races as they all agreed him to be a very hard worker and giving it all for the team.
Their only mistake back than (and everyone agreed there too) was getting Jacques in the racecar so early after only one test and having driven no F1 car for about a year.

He's back in there now, even more experience, even more credibility as he beat Heidfeld's ass all the time, so I too reeeeaaaaally hope for it.

I'd almost give my life to see Jacques win a race again :!:

Scuderia_Russ

I would love to see Tomba's avatar made a reality again! This time around he would excel at Renault. It would be great to see him in a top team again.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

[-o<

saam
saam

Great to see if and when villeneuve goes to the blue cars, but it remains to be seen if he is to outperform fisi........
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

Tom

Of that I have little doubt. He is outperforming Fisi even now, in terms of overtaking, trying hard and entertainment value.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Hmmmm....nice idea 8)

F1racer
F1racer

Re: Villeneuve to Renault?...again

G-Rock wrote:You heard it right here, my business associate in Quebec City has been faxing me clips of the local newspapers there linking Renault to JV. They are fairly credible media sources (La Presse etc) and have reported the original link to Renault in 04 with the same timeliness.
Well you heard it from me first.
Any other Canadians out there with this info? According to the one article, a deal had been signed sealed and delivered.
VILLENEUVE!!!
Hi I'm from Montreal. What newspaper are you talking about? (the article about JV to Renault in 2007)

It will be JV and Fisi? or JV and Kovalainen?
1 or 2 year contract?

Hope this is true. I'v heard many BS coming from the Montreal press.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I've got my fingers crossed that JV gets a ride in F1. He has equalled Heidfeld in performances, they have swapped quick times and qualifying positions all season. So he's far from over the hill. And he sure isn't suffering the terrible inconsitencies Fisi has. And I believe that if JV had been in a Renault this year, he would have contribited more to the Renault effort than Fisi.
Here's hoping, Formula One still needs guys like him.

Ciro Pabón

Article from "La Presse", published today: it does not mention Renault here, or on other articles about Villeneuve in the last week (that I could find...). I wonder where did the rumour appear. Can you give us the date for the newspapers clip you received? Anyway, interesting clue. The article does not refute G-rock clips, either.

http://www.monvolant.ca/article/2006081 ... 7/CPSPORTS

The article says (well, if you call this a translation, my French is rusty):
Published on-line Monday, August 14.

2007 home?

Villeneuve decides to wait
Luc Domenjoz
The Press
Special collaboration

Jacques Villeneuve lets happy days pass with her wife Johanna in their apartment of the Kennedy Avenue, on the harbor of Monaco. He is on vacation. Moreover, even though he still has no contract for the 2007 season, he will not let anybody disturb these days of rest.

Last week, his employees had announced that they were going to decide very quickly what will happen in his future. However, whereas one waited for a press release for today or tomorrow, news will not probably come this week. «In the meantime, Jacques is thinking», disclose Yan Lefort, the press personal attaché of the Québecois pilot. «Nothing is definitely made, nor in a sense, nor in the other.»

According to Lefort, the NASCAR track did not advance since the last Grand Prix of Hungary. Jacques always negotiates with several teams, but nothing is yet signed. In F1, talks openings are less numerous, but the Quebecois is anxious to explore them in depth. «Jacques works a little, he receives some phone calls, but as everybody is on vacation in Europe, he also decided to have some. He is anxious to have a recess. »

In fact, it seems more and more likely that Villeneuve will decide, finally, to take a sabbatical year. To pass 2007 home would permit him to live the first year of his future baby quietly, while permitting him, possibly, to rebound in F1 - that remains his first choice - in 2008.

The Quebecois should take this decision of semi-retirement during the week, to announce it days before the Grand Prix of Turkey. «I will be present in Istanbul to clarify the situation. Moreover, I hope that Jacques will come with me. I will try to make him decide to come», concluded Lefort.

The indecision that weighs on his future, in any case, does not have the weight to influence on the state of mind of Villeneuve. An additional sign that make you think that a sabbatical year would not displease him.
Ciro

kimi_khodr_raikkonen
kimi_khodr_raikkonen

i don't think so i think jv will join nascar like montoya
kimi is the best

furnik28
furnik28

if that would happen all the other teams would make exsuse for a engine chage so they would be behind him when the green flag drops.
rok

NickT

:shock: Ooohhhh pppplllleeeeaaassssee :shock:
NickT

joseff

Maybe it's nothing new, but I haven't seen this mentioned on F1technical:

http://www.myspace.com/jvofficial