kimi vs schumi

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

and with a few exception(Notably JV) the respect of his fellow drivers.
A disagree there.
I can't thnk of a single driver in F1 who has much respect for MS, with the possible exception of Massa. After twice knocking DC off the road the Scot has no time for him and judging by other drivers opinions at Monaco I think they're all pretty sick of him.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens

Drivers may appreciate that Shu is an incredibly capable person who can win at any time and venue, but I don't recall any F1 drivers publicly standing behind Shu when the farce at Monaco occured. Shu's team stood behind him, but a team is supposed to publicly support their driver.
Many drivers have formed personal relationships and friendships with their peers, JV and DC for example. But I don't see Shu in that situation. In fact, Reubens Barrichello, the one person qualified to be in a position to have formed some kind of personal relationship with Shu .. hasn't. Read between the lines and form your own conclusion.

Scuderia_Russ

Tom wrote:
and with a few exception(Notably JV) the respect of his fellow drivers.
A disagree there.
I can't thnk of a single driver in F1 who has much respect for MS, with the possible exception of Massa. After twice knocking DC off the road the Scot has no time for him and judging by other drivers opinions at Monaco I think they're all pretty sick of him.
'Eh?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

Once in Spa 1998, OK, a racing incident, no-ones fault, and Argentina as well, for the lead.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

[EDF]Fx

You dont have to agree with somebody to respect them. Also I dont remember DC being furious at or after the GPDA meeting at Silverstone.

Perhaps you should read what the driver who replaced JV at BMW answered when he was asked wich driver he would prefer as his teammate(It was not JV, yes pun intended).

/ Fx

P.S The Kubica interview can be found at http://www.itv-f1.com/ for those interested.

Scuderia_Russ

Tom wrote:Once in Spa 1998, OK, a racing incident, no-ones fault, and Argentina as well, for the lead.
Racing incident? Nothing to do with D.C. slowing down on the racing line in torrential rain then? (which he has since admitted, d'oh!)
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

You say that as if DC meant to knock Michael off the track, a trait known well by the latter! DC admitted he slowed down because the team had told him too, off the racing line as can be seen on the vid. Michael moved outside to overtake the cloud of spray thinking the Mclaren was on the racing line and rammed into the back of him, then, to top it off, he goes nuts in the pitlane and starts acusing DC of attempted murder, while trying to punch his helmet. Hardly sporting in anyones books.

allan

once i heared dc admitting that he did it on purpose, that was right after his incident with alonso(the same drama) at nurnbugring i think :roll:

DaveKillens

I remember watching that incident in the heavy rain where DC had slowed. Yes, DC was definitely off the racing pace, but he had pulled to the side of the track away from the common racing line. The only other correct thing DC could have done was drive off the track, and park it. But even today, we see drivers choose to try to get back to the pits rather than park their cars.
It was a racing incident, the culmination of poor weather and visibility, and two drivers in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Just a racing incident, and I am thankful no one was hurt. I do not lay the blame on anyone, it was just a racing incident.

m3_lover

Aug.23 (GMM) New media information has contradicted reports that Kimi Raikkonen lost his wallet at a Red Bull party following the Hungarian grand prix earlier this month.

German sources revealed this week that the drunk McLaren driver misplaced his wallet, containing more than $7000, his drivers' license, ID and his passport.

But telling a different tale is news agency 'Agenzia Giornalistic Italia' and Italian daily sports newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Both sources report that Raikkonen, the 26-year-old Finn, had his drivers' license and passport confiscated after police found him drunk at the wheel of a car.

Kimi did not lose $7500, the reports added, the US dollars figure is the equivalent of a fine imposed for the incident.

''It cannot be excluded that Ferrari starts to have doubts about him,'' the AGI report said, citing Raikkonen's previous 'party' incidents in Finland and Switzerland.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

DaveKillens

All I had to do was google "Kimi drunk", and all this stuff popped up. Wow, getting uglier by the day.
Kimi's so-called "freinds" should kick his ass around the block and make him aware that all those millions he is paid for is just not only driving but to represent the sponsors, who don't want to be associated with such shenanigans. Over in NA$CARland, where the drivers swim in a sea of sponsorship commitments, a driver, Shane Hmiel received a lifetime suspension for failing (third time) a random drug test.
http://www.jayski.com/busch/archive/hmi ... ension.htm
If Kimi thinks his personal life has nothing to do with his racing career, he might wake up one morning with the sad news he's out of a life's opportunity.

Tom

I think some sponsors would like to be associated with the radical, rebelliouse image Kimi represents. They did it with McRae in rallying a while back. Kimi is probably not at all bad, many people get pulled over for DUI, but because he is in F1 its considered wrong.

Ciro Pabón

Although I agree with Tom, being drunk is not the same as being a rebel, quite the contrary. And drunken pilots, well... how could I put it? A banker with bounced checks, for example? A talking mime? As the old saying goes: if you die in a car accident while driving and it is your fault, they take away your license, not to mention your super-license! :D

Of course Kimi have the right to party (I shall say, the duty to party!), but he should get a designated driver to be able to go wild, and he knows it.

Back to thread, I am starting to know you:

You are never going to agree on the possibility of making fair comparison between Schumacher and Raikkonen results, not even if both drive for Ferrari: the car is suited to the former, the team, the wind, the pressure, the full moon, blah, blah.

So, here is my proposal:

Only way to know would be to have a formal, points-awarding-for-pilot-championship, karting race in the calendar every year, like Montoya is trying to do in Cartagena.

Wouldn't this be a greater race than Hungaroring? (hey, good idea, Ciro! Let's talk to Bernie right now... :) ). We really need a nice kart circuit there... right besides the Caribbean, a beautiful spot in this planet, absent from F1 racing. :? Don't you people know paradise when you see it?

I suggest to put this race in early DECEMBER when the people in Europe is freezing, and when, of course, the constructor championship would be already decided. You could not rant forever about the constructors and FIA possible conflicts of interest! muahahahahaha! It would be the pilots and their racing teams, "mano a mano".

This would settle forever these puerile :wink: disputes about who is the greatest. I vote for 20 points (only for pilot championship) for the first place in this hypotetical kart race, which would make it the decission maker for the championship. :) And I'll put all my bets on Alonso. Well, maybe a couple of bucks on Kimi, who knows... and thinking about Schumi, the old fox, maybe I would watch him carefully... and of course, if they invite Montoya...
Ciro

Ignis Fatuus

Ciro Pabón wrote:
You are never going to agree on the possibility of making fair comparison between Schumacher and Raikkonen results, not even if both drive for Ferrari: the car is suited to the former, the team, the wind, the pressure, the full moon, blah, blah.

So, here is my proposal:

Only way to know would be to have a formal, points-awarding-for-pilot-championship, karting race in the calendar every year, like Montoya is trying to do in Cartagena.
This is what I am thinking about since I've seen the Cartagena race. It was great.
Doesn't every circuit in F1 calendar have a track for karts? :wink: :D :lol:
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis

allan

i didn't know that RedBull contains Alchohol!?? :shock: