Villeneuve slams Schumacher over 'lies'

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mini696

I agree with everything JV said. What is MS doing outside of F1 that will leave any form of legacy? He's a cheater, plain and simple.

Ciro Pabón

mini696 wrote:I agree with everything JV said. What is MS doing outside of F1 that will leave any form of legacy? He's a cheater, plain and simple.
Even if some believe that Villeneuve is "righter than a saint", as we say in Spanish, you could try to be fairer. We understand Jacques position easily, but please, let the person in this forum that has not cheated to anyone in his life, throw the first rock.

Mr. Villeneuve can comment on the moral stature of any pilot he wishes, (he certainly deserves to have a position on this, saam) but I do not think is right for us to do the same.

It is not that simple, mini696. Michael Schumacher has cheated some times, apparently, and he is a multiple world champion and probably the most successful pilot in history for a long, long time. This is complicated and, definitely, not plain.

The legacy of his success is in plain sight, for anyone who wants to take a hard and good look at F1 current scenery. Probably Jacques Villeneuve wants to say that he disputes the worth of it. It is hard to believe he argues against its existence.

Actually, Mr. Villeneuve recent career moves can be interpreted as a living proof of this legacy, as some posts pointed out. Schumacher dominance and his relationship (of all possible carmakers!) with Ferrari, has influenced the relationship between all teams and all pilots enormously and it can take years for this influence to vanish.

I am fascinated and repulsed, at the same time, by Michael Schumacher's psyche and I think that I am not alone.

However, let me tell you this, young and brilliant minds in this thread: any book on the history of F1 that does not mention Michael Schumacher is wrong. I am not saying how he has to be mentioned, but he has to be.

Finally, to be fair, all of you have to go down on your knees and ask for forgiveness, if you think Mr. Schumacher does nothing outside F1. Like all men of brilliant mind, he has many interests, it seems, and not only in the financial world. He plays football and he does it well. And, let me say as strongly as I can :wink: that this is a form of art that can be compared favorably with Mr. Villeneuve singing on any day.

There is no Muse for football only because the ancient Greeks did not play it. :)
Ciro

mini696

I am impressed Ciro. Well put and thought out. I have no return.

Its a pity that MS's "Brainfades" taint his acheivements and makes (me) question how many of those were gained through questionable tactics.

Its also a pity that JV's mouth seems to be quicker than his driving at times.

kimi_khodr_raikkonen

will i dont wana say something that makes others mad.

but Michael schumacher has bad sides and good sides . even ralf has that side maybe its a family thing but one thing i disagree with J.V these 2 wont be forgoten . they were great they did great moves also .

BUT aboout Michael in Monaco( i still cant beleive he does that) in Spa(he has the right to be mad but hes the one who hitted D.C M.S is guilty in that accident) in Jerze97( the man wants hes world champion thats all)
kimi is the best

Jason

All of M. S*****er's name I collected.

M. Shitmaker
M. Shoemaker
M. Idiotmaker
M. Collisionmaker(the right name for him)

I hope Manchild is happy with the list. :wink: :P
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

manchild

Ciro Pabón wrote:Even if some believe that Villeneuve is "righter than a saint", as we say in Spanish, you could try to be fairer. We understand Jacques position easily, but please, let the person in this forum that has not cheated to anyone in his life, throw the first rock.
Yes but in our case Schuey claims to be a Jesus while his f1 "gospel" would rather earn him part of guy with horns and reddish appearance. True "Greates ever" could have few cheats in his career but certianly less than anyone else he is being compared to, while Schuey became "Greatest ever" (in the eyes of certain people) thanks to greatest number of cheats. Without them his obvious talent praised even by JV (and me) would never be enough to get him more than one or two titles.

kimi_khodr_raikkonen

Jason wrote:All of M. S*****er's name I collected.

M. Shitmaker
M. Shoemaker
M. Idiotmaker
M. Collisionmaker(the right name for him)

I hope Manchild is happy with the list. :wink: :P
hehe :lol: funny name...and edit ur list:M.BAD MAN
kimi is the best

Tom

As I said, I don't dislike Michael for his cheating, I dislike him because hes dangerouse, plain and simple. Tazio Nuvolari was famouse because he always dragged himself up from a major injuy and into a car, yet he admitted,
'I will do anything to win a race, anything, anything, anything. I don't waste time being sporting'
but I have never found any reference of him colliding with another driver or driving dangerously, in fact the only unsporting thing I have found from him is jumping onto his seat at the start line and yelling abuse at the starter, to unsettle the others.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

jgredline

sorry about that. Mods feel free to delete the post.
To finish first, first you must finish.

Tp
Tp

If JV drives as well as he whinges he'll win more championships than Michael Schumacher!!

'So, unlike Michael, who ridiculously insisted he was innocent at Monaco this year, Senna said, "Yes, I did it. But I told you before the race that I was going to do it"'

So its alright for Senna to do it after he's planned before the race, but not OK for Michael to do it in the heat of the moment? And Senna only came clean about his intentions 12 months after the fact.

It's frustrating hearing him criticise a far more successful driver, saying he 'won't be remembered,' I mean who the hell will remember J. Villeneuve and why should we? The only thing he does is rant. He should sort out his own failure of a career before he makes unjustified remarks on other, far more successful drivers.

I've lost all my respect for Jacques as a professional racing driver so I really hope he leaves F1; to NASCAR, or whatever and starts whinging over there instead.
Last edited by Tp on 19 Aug 2006, 00:48, edited 2 times in total.

Mikey_s

I'm aSchum fan, so...

please feel free to disreggard anything theat follows.

I don't like cheating and i don't like cheats. Schumacher HAS displayed some extremely poor sportmanship in the past. I believe that F1 outhg to be a non-contact sport. I hated it when he took Hill out in Adelaide, I hated it when he tried to take out Villeneuve in Jerez and I also hated it when Ruby was asked to pull over in Austria. I'm not sure that necesarily makes him a cheat (IMO), just that he is, like the rest of us, flawed incharacter and makes some very poor decisions on occasion. Some are made for him (if I was Ross B, I think I would have told Ruby to move over to - Ferrari are in the championship to win, and team orders were OK at some point, not any more.

Senna being open about what he inteded to do is no excuse and does not make it right. Thousands of fans turned up to that race to see (amongst others) the great Senna and Prost race - he deprived the fans of that opportunity, it's cheating, plain and simple - no excuses.

I recognise that no argument will convice MC, or the Schum detratorsto the contrary, but Schum is a great driver and one of the best ever - but he is flawed and he wants to win more than anyone eelse I have ever seen - that's what causes the occasional lapses from time to time, in my view.

As for the comment by mini696, well one legacy he will leave outside F1 is the $10 million he gave to Tsunami aid and the numerous other charitable donations he makes. I wonder how much JV gave (I gave £10, pathetic isn't it!).
Mike

manchild

Re: I'm aSchum fan, so...

Mikey_s wrote:As for the comment by mini696, well one legacy he will leave outside F1 is the $10 million he gave to Tsunami aid and the numerous other charitable donations he makes. I wonder how much JV gave (I gave £10, pathetic isn't it!).
Why did Schuey tell anyone that he is giving $10 million? Why was it one of the top stories on all medias? After Senna’s death, when his finances were examined they showed that he was giving huge amounts of money, (millions of dollars) to charity without ever telling anyone about it. Senna wanted to give not because he wanted to wash something off but because he really cared so he kept it secret. Schuey made a media spectacle out of it for personal promotion. Knowing that, you can't say for sure that JV didn't give money to charity and perhaps even more than Schuey but not for something practical but for the piece of his mind and stillness of heart, anonymously, just like Senna.

Tp
Tp

manchild wrote:Why did Schuey tell anyone that he is giving $10 million?.
Who said that Schumacher publicly announced he was giving money to charity?

zac510

Nobody gives away $10million without believing in the cause.

allan

manchild wrote:
Mikey_s wrote:As for the comment by mini696, well one legacy he will leave outside F1 is the $10 million he gave to Tsunami aid and the numerous other charitable donations he makes. I wonder how much JV gave (I gave £10, pathetic isn't it!).
Why did Schuey tell anyone that he is giving $10 million? Why was it one of the top stories on all medias? After Senna’s death, when his finances were examined they showed that he was giving huge amounts of money, (millions of dollars) to charity without ever telling anyone about it. Senna wanted to give not because he wanted to wash something off but because he really cared so he kept it secret. Schuey made a media spectacle out of it for personal promotion. Knowing that, you can't say for sure that JV didn't give money to charity and perhaps even more than Schuey but not for something practical but for the piece of his mind and stillness of heart, anonymously, just like Senna.
seriously manchild, U TALK A LOT WITHOUT THINKING!!
it was the german counsellor, schnuder i think, who started blaming schumacher for not paying his taxes in germany and donating millions for tsunami!!! that's how the media knew about michael's donation, only except if he had called u and told u to speak to the media about it!
another thing, i don't know how it's unfair for rubens to give his place to michael(happened twice) and michael paid him back one of them in the us gp, and it fair for DC to give his place to mika, i don't know how many times, and to kimi in 2003 in the japanes gp, it's so complicated, isn't it????
Last edited by allan on 19 Aug 2006, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.