JV's future

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

JV's future

A lot of rumours have passed the last weeks about the future of JV. He would have already signed a pre-contract with a NASCAR-team in case he wouldn't find an F1 Team that is willing to take him in. Than there was the Renault rumour and now there's the rumour that a 'small' team offered him a position.
Which team would this be?
Super Aguri? Is there still room as Anthony Davidson was set for a race seat there together with Taku Sato?

Midland? What about Albers than and Monteiro? Will one of them become test driver? Or will they get fired?

Toro Rosso? What about Liuzzi and Speed and the rumour that Kovalainen would move to Toro Rosso together with the Renault engine?

Does anyone have any idea?

yzfr7
yzfr7

I've read something about he is going to replace da Matta at RuSport ChampCar team. Not sure about this.
pax

Scuderia_Russ

yzfr7 wrote:I've read something about he is going to replace da Matta at RuSport ChampCar team. Not sure about this.
I'd prefer to see him do that than go to NASCAR.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

m3_lover

Two words...Washed Up

He is done for good. No More F1 for him. Hope he enjoys Nascar.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

manchild
manchild

Why washed up? Fisichella is certianly much more "washed up" and he got contarct for 2007 so why couldn't JV too? :?

m3_lover

I highly doubt a team is going to take him, back when Peter Sauber signed JV, alot of magazines and new sites regarded it as a bad move, plus Fisi has a contract..I see JV without one and I highly doubt that another team is going to take him because the driver line-up is looking pretty secure with Honda, Toyota, Williams, Red Bull, Toro Rosso having all there drivers signed and with Super Aguri, Mclaren, Renault, BMW, Midland having at least one driver signed. I dont think Ferrari is going to hire him either.
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

m3_lover wrote:Two words...Washed Up He is done for good. No More F1 for him
How can you say that? Washed up? He was better than Heidfeld this season so far, how can he be washed up than? He has so much experience. JV was for BMW Sauber what Coulthard is for Red Bull...the engine for a new team. The person who has so much experience in the car, the person that knows what's good about the car and what isn't, the person that helps to improve the car and the team. I worked with Coulthard, in the short time that Red Bull is in F1, they have improved and BMW Sauber has improved as well, but that was not only to thank to the team but for a big part to Villeneuve as well. Anyone who didn't see that knows NOTHING about F1!

Principessa

m3_lover wrote:I highly doubt that another team is going to take him because the driver line-up is looking pretty secure with Honda, Toyota, Williams, Red Bull, Toro Rosso having all there drivers signed and with Super Aguri, Mclaren, Renault, BMW, Midland having at least one driver signed. I dont think Ferrari is going to hire him either.
Toro Rosso: Driver line-up not announced and not clear this too goes for McLaren, Renault, Ferrari, Super Aguri, Midland and BMW.

Announced their driver line-up for 2007: Toyota, Honda, Red Bull and Williams.

There are a lot of rumours and speculations, but as there is no announcement from all the teams I said above, there are still seats open! BTW: I think that most of the teams would be very, very happy with a good test driver to line-up next to their race drivers as well! So why not a position like that? Wurz did the same and look what happened? He's in a race seat again next season and lets be honoust, who would have guessed that?

Steven
Owner

Scuderia_Russ wrote:
yzfr7 wrote:I've read something about he is going to replace da Matta at RuSport ChampCar team. Not sure about this.
I'd prefer to see him do that than go to NASCAR.
Well a move to ChampCar looks very very unlikely as he has repeatedly said that series does not interest him. As of single seater open wheeled racing, F1 is the best, and he is not willing to step down.

I too hope he'll find a drive in F1, and even more I hope for Renault (this reminds me of what I said earlier).
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=3074

Jacques is one of the best in the field out there, experienced and fast, so basically I find Mario Theissen not the smartest driver selector out there.

m3_lover

Principessa wrote:
m3_lover wrote:Two words...Washed Up He is done for good. No More F1 for him
How can you say that? Washed up? He was better than Heidfeld this season so far, how can he be washed up than? He has so much experience. JV was for BMW Sauber what Coulthard is for Red Bull...the engine for a new team. The person who has so much experience in the car, the person that knows what's good about the car and what isn't, the person that helps to improve the car and the team. I worked with Coulthard, in the short time that Red Bull is in F1, they have improved and BMW Sauber has improved as well, but that was not only to thank to the team but for a big part to Villeneuve as well. Anyone who didn't see that knows NOTHING about F1!
Heldfeld has 19 points compated to JV's 7 points this season so far (if you take out the 6 he got in the last race, he still had 13 compared to JV's 7)

Also in 2005, Massa had 11 points to JV's 9 points.

If you also looked at what I said, I said that Mclaren, Renault, Super Aguri, Midland, BMW have at least one driver signed, the only team that does not is Ferrari.

It is pretty certain that Toro Rosso drivers are going to stay there, but that would be my only mistake in my previous post.. so my bad on that one

manchild
manchild

If you'd make a list how many times BMW engine let him down when he was pushing very hard incuding one -10 places penalty he got because team dropped his engine during transportation than few points more Heidfeld had isn't that much segnificant as Jacques' racing which is far from being "washed up".

m3_lover

well she just said that Heldfeld was better then JV, I just show factoids, and to me he is washed up because he has not had a podium since the Williams days.

manchild
manchild

m3_lover wrote:... and to me he is washed up because he has not had a podium since the Williams days.
He was twice on podium with BAR in 2001.

:arrow: http://www.formula1.com/archive/driver/ ... /5/62.html

saam
saam

How funny is it once you start to talk down apon a driver most of us think isnt all that, and many people here like????

JV seems to be a good person also seems to be a good driver, by the way WHO IS JV i havent seen him on the podium for a while now :lol:
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

manchild
manchild

saam wrote:JV seems to be a good person also seems to be a good driver, by the way WHO IS JV i havent seen him on the podium for a while now :lol:
In any true sport all that matters is how you've reached the podium - not how many times you've reached it. Never reaching the podium while playing fairly makes you always better sporstsman than person who has large number of podiums reached without sportsmanship.