What's the point

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pompelmo
pompelmo

What's the point

In this era there are radio connections (and simmilar stuff) in all racing cars...so what's the point of Pit-wall info boards???

PS: Got a job in Minardi F3000 euroseries \:D/ \:D/ (90%..job interview this weekend)

RH1300S
RH1300S

Re: What's the point

pompelmo wrote:In this era there are radio connections (and simmilar stuff) in all racing cars...so what's the point of Pit-wall info boards???

PS: Got a job in Minardi F3000 euroseries \:D/ \:D/ (90%..job interview this weekend)
Congratulations - get 100% and then ask them the question :twisted:

I would say simple belt and braces -- you have a fail safe information system if the radio goes down. You probably also find that the drivers find it useful to get information visually as well as hearing it, maybe keeps the chatter down a little.

mini696

Quick reference to gaps between the drivers. Much clearer than over the radio, and less distracting.

manchild
manchild

pompelmo wrote:In this era there are radio connections (and simmilar stuff) in all racing cars...so what's the point of Pit-wall info boards???)
Just in case radio connection fails :wink: Imagine it failing in some stage of the race and driver not knowing when to pit in and without info about telemetry info :wink:
pompelmo wrote:PS: Got a job in Minardi F3000 euroseries \:D/ \:D/ (90%..job interview this weekend)
Lucky bustard! :P

Congratulations :wink:

P.S. So that is your job in Minardi F3000? Team member in charge for Pit-wall info boards? :)
Very sexy job... easy to get in F1 if you're good and with no sweat at all 8)

pompelmo
pompelmo

manchild wrote: P.S. So that is your job in Minardi F3000? Team member in charge for Pit-wall info boards? :)
Very sexy job... easy to get in F1 if you're good and with no sweat at all 8)
Don't kvow what will be my responsibility..I'm a mathematics and physics graduate, and i have a year experiance in avtomotive industry (parts testing department)..so we'll see this weekend