The Idea

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Are you interested? Do you think it will work?

Interested, Will work.
40%
Interested, Won't work.
40%
Not Interested, Will work.
No votes
Not Interested, Won't work.
20%

Total votes: 5

Tom

The Idea

OK, I realise vehicle development project isn't going to get off the ground with the lack of intrest shown, but I had another idea.

Has anyone seen Eddie Jordan's bad boy racers? The basic idea is that they take 8 car criminals and, under the management of EJ they must work as a team to race in the biggest banger race in Britain. If they can make it to the start of the race they will be given an apprenticeship in merchanics as they are taught 3 times a week during the course. It teaches them the value of work, arriving on time, working ard being sensible, and if they commit any crimes or piss Eddie off they are immediatly chucked off the project. 2 have gone already.

Well I thought, yeah, good idea and all, but why should these assholes get this chance and not someone like me, without a criminal record etc? I know that many people here dream of getting into a racing team but have no experience so my plan is such:
Under the F1Tech name we get together a group of people, from drivers to merchanics and get into some similar cheap form of motorsport. It will be a huge boost as many universities ask for previouse experience to show your keen and it may save people who descided too late on a motorsport career to jump the bottom few rungs of the ladder and keep going from there.

The way I see it we have nothing to loose and if people are really keen there's no harm in finding an old workshop somwhere, grabbing a scrap car, addapting it and fixing it before racing it.

But remember a project like this will need intrest so if your prepared to take a shot at it make it clear and we'll go from there.
Last edited by Tom on 05 Sep 2006, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Tp
Tp

I don't understand how you would go about this. When you say 'get a small group of people', do you mean start a club to attract people with an interest in motorsport around a local area, so they can gain experience?

Tom

no, I mean get people from the website who want to get into motorsport as a career together and get some real experience by starting a banger team or something cheap.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Carlos

Carlos

Everything is possible. Just read the sections about HA Building the Car and the Conclusions :idea:

Tom

It's not about building cars so much as the idea of teamwork. The car preperation and maintainance is vital of course, but the main aim is to construct a team and get it racing and working as a team. This is vital to any form of motorsport and motorsport employers/universities look for examples of team work so I think starting something like this could be a brilliant oppertunity to prove to future employees that you can do it. You can put it on a CV/personnal statement and perhaps even get it recognised by motorsport employees.