Renault's 2007 team structure

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

Renault's 2007 team structure

Heikki joins Giancarlo as race driver and Nelson Piquet Jr and Ricardo Zonta are the new test drivers. Also good news that Flavio stays in F1 and with Renault :wink:

http://www.f1technical.net/news/3884
http://www.f1technical.net/news/3885
http://www.f1technical.net/news/3886
http://www.f1technical.net/news/3887

(And to say that it's less than a month that we had an interview with Nelson :wink: )

manchild
manchild

I'd say Giancarlo joins Heikki as race driver. :wink:

That also means that Schuey will retire for sure and that Kimi is going to Ferrari.
Last edited by manchild on 06 Sep 2006, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Principessa

Jep! Bild, the German newspaper, wrote that as well today, they are sure that Schumi will retire.

Well, I'm really glad that it is Heikki that will be race driver....I hope that he wins a GP next season, than I've been in the picture with a GP-winner :P

manchild
manchild

Principessa wrote:I hope that he wins a GP next season, than I've been in the picture with a GP-winner :P
What picture? :mrgreen:

I know, I know... I'm mean old bad manchild :oops:

vyselegend

Re: Renault's 2007 team structure

Principessa wrote: (And to say that it's less than a month that we had an interview with Nelson :wink: )
Hey, congrats, maybe you've just interwieved 2008 world champion! :P

I'm a little sucpitious about the simultaneous announcement of two reserve and test driver. Yesterday I read in "sport auto" magazine something which seems to mean that Giancarlo's new contract is not unbreakable, and that the Italian driver still can be fired next winter if he fail to improve for the four last 2006 races.

Also I think Renault hiring R.Zonta is a good move, and it put some credibility on the rumor that F.Montagny would be Toyota's test driver next year. Maybe I anticipate a little too much, but for me it rings the bell of O.Panis departure as well. Toyota never hid their interest in the french market (they were even official sponsors of french footbal team for the mondial), and so they are kind to keep a french driver in the team.

pRo

Re: Renault's 2007 team structure

vyselegend wrote:Giancarlo's new contract is not unbreakable
Didn't Button just show us that even the unbreakable isn't unbreakable.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

m3_lover

Well.. Richard Zonta was probably hired for all of his experience with Bridgestone tyres.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Ciro Pabón

It seems funny that the only thing Renault lacks now is a sponsor.
Ciro

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Well, instead of fading away, Renault have fielded a very strong team for the next couple of years. They have an older, experienced driver paired with a young gun, both in the primary and reserve capacity.
That closes the door on Kimi in Renault, his options are now severely limited. It looks like the Ferrari rumors are bearing fruit.