Schumacher to retire

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mep

I would buy a beer for Michael and for Juan Pablo.
And after a few beers we would make a pub fight against
manchild.

Sawtooth-spike

mep wrote:I would buy a beer for Michael and for Juan Pablo.
manchild.
I am sorry but thats more than a little rude.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

manchild

That fits the profile of all Schuey-like Übermensch - attack only when your enemy is outnumbered.
Pink Floyd wrote:Waiting to put on a black shirt.
Waiting to weed out the weaklings.
Waiting to smash in their windows
And kick in their doors.
Waiting for the final solution
To strengthen the strain.

Spencifer_Murphy

mep wrote:
I would buy a beer for Michael and for Juan Pablo.
manchild.

Just a bit unessecary me-thinks.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

mep

Just a bit unessecary me-thinks
And after all just a joke.
The comment is like some posts from manchild :arrow: don't take it to serious.
:lol: :lol: :wink:

Tom

Manchild, I'm intrigued, I don't know that song, but i guess its from the final cut? Can you give more info?
I recognise that from somewhere, Fletcher Memorial home perhaps? Is it from The Wall movie?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

Tom wrote:Manchild, I'm intrigued, I don't know that song, but i guess its from the final cut? Can you give more info?
I recognise that from somewhere, Fletcher Memorial home perhaps? Is it from The Wall movie?
The Wall (double album) - Waiting for the worms :wink:

The Wall movie and The Wall double album don't have idenitcal nuber of songs. If I remeber correctly movies has more songs.

Want to be an actor?

Want to be an Actor in a month or two, it's time to act now.

It won't cost you a dime. Future 6 actors (new 6 for each movie), most successful people with most referrals - 3 female and 3 male aspiring actors/models will be chosen for supporting role in the upcoming movie

Ciro Pabón

Mmmm... 3 males and 3 females... I wonder what the movie is about. :roll:

@emburmark: I would buy Michael a beer, c'mon. I am not sure about sharing my precious 10 year old rum, but everything has a limit... :)

I do not know what else to say, except that if I argue for the necessity of having a "great soul" I am at least consequential: I don't care if MS has one million "controversial" moves from now until his retirement. I really admire the guy, specially because of them! I could not do the same, believe me. I won't dare. But I am not the only one in this forum... ehem.

For example, I admire Kerouac, Lowry, Camus and Wilde: I do not expect my heroes to be perfect (ehem... I only wish some fans could learn that). If I did, I would be reading only Harry Potter... :)

About the racing tradition, what I meant is that all we had in Colombia to show to the racing world since the Pleistocene was Roberto Guerrero and Diego Montoya. Down here we have no Mercedes, BMW or Audi factories. The best you can drive are tin-tops. And Juan Montoya's father had no kart track.

Finally, here in Latin America we have a different set of "important things in life". I invite you all to take a look to the "Happy Planet Index", as a way to try to understand JPM attitude about F1. UK occupies the 108th position, Germany the 81th, and Colombia the 2nd! I believe this is because we value "the number of happy years you can reach with the less use of ecological resources". :wink:

Of the 10 "happiest societies" in the world, the less materialistic ones, 9 are in the corner of the caribbean that Colombia occupies. And, no, we do not consume drugs to reach it, before you start to make jokes on my "happy patriotism"... :wink: And I know you will... I hope you will.

This is our national attitude about cars: they are made to sing, drink and dance on them! (well, except for the driver).

Yes, the roof is made of wood, I know. Anyway, thanks emburmark for giving me the chance of ranting about how good is my country...
Ciro

Carlos

And the women among the most beautiful of the world. Ciro I am not really surprised you did not mention this fact, Columbia is located somewhere near Paradise---and the women hover between our Earth
and Heaven---with an attitude occassionally showing us a glimpse of
Hades. I speak from a small experience. You know when I am fortunate
enough to have a beautiful companion---and someone asks, is she attractive?--- I say ---" oh no--I would never say that", which really doesn't answer their question---does it? I think you are being just as reserved---Ciro
But that picture extends my suggestion---the evidence is before our eyes.

Back to F1 and Ferrari---They seldom allow a veiw of whats under the hood---do they?

Regards Carlos

Carlos

Ciro--In my "Back to F1 and Ferrari" comment--- I am of course referring to Ferrari and You, Ciro---Both keep the best hidden.

And to legitimatise this post as related to MS?

My opinion is that MS will retire.

Regards Carlos

Carlos

Favourite:Ferrari Pilots&Cars

My F1 Brothers: I would like to propose a new thread. One of personal and
technical opinion on a surprising subject. Our admiration of past Ferrari
driver and car combinations. Considering the pairing of both---why did they
suceed? Why did they fail to win? Lets not consider politics, personal,
corporate or related to FIA politics or rule limitations. I will begin. Excuse me if my post is imprecise, limited or contains other defiicencies--my time is limited this morning.

Lorenzo Bandini and the F1 Ferrari of 1967: The powerplant was the most powerful of the paddock---unfortunately it was also very heavy and perhaps unbalanced ideal weight distribution. The chassis offered some
limitations as opposed to other constructors. It was a central monocoque
with a tubular subframe supporting the rear suspension and engine.
We will never know the true potential of this Ferrari driver and chassis
combination as Lorenzo Bandini perished in an accident at Monaco.
Let us also avoid intra-fratcide opinions directed toward other members of
the F1technical community. This would be most pleasant.

Regards Carlos

Carlos

Unfortunately my forum skills are limited. May I suggest that our fine forum moderators help me to create a new thread under the subject of
1st Favourite Ferrari Piolts & Cars---perhaps someome might send me a post or PM offering instruction on how to do this. I would be grateful.

RegardsCarlos

PS I know Tomba and his gracious companion and co-moderator are very busy with their studies and work on our site. Perhaps a senior member, or anyone who can--would take my original post and reposotion it to start a new thread. My own forum skills are limited. Thank you for your help.

Carlos

F1 Brothers--I would suggest the Thread title Favourite Ferrari Pilot&Cars

I must start working on home repairs---cold weather is arriving here in Canada---Our Frozen Winter has almost arrived.

Tom

New threads, just click the 'new topic' button, above all the other threads on the threads page, or bottom left when you are already viewing a topic. :wink:
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.