Your tributes to Michael Schumacher

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

It was in fact Monza 1999 when Hak span out of the race from the lead and thought he'd lost the title, within weeks of Autosport publishing the headline, 'Why Hak won't Crack.'

I was going to comment on this myself actually because did anyone notice that Alonso kept his helmet on when he walked back to the pit? I honestly think he was on the verge of tears, to come all the way back from 10th to 3rd and then lose it all, I know I would be upset at that. But Mika still won the '99 champ, despite Ferrari being caught cheating, and being let off (their excuse, 'yeah our barge boards were too thin in Malaysia, but they were too thin for the past two races and no-one noticed!')

I must apologise to Manchild also for suggesting his anti-Renault FIA ideas were far fetched. I know firmly believe them, and relieving that memory of the Malaysia barge board incident only serves to reinforce that theory.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

RH1300S

From Grand Prix.com

"These were the dramatic moments but behind them there was more. Michael had contractual clauses about the status of his team mates and the men who raced alongside him at Ferrari accepted large sums of money but always had to help him. Sometimes they would lift off a fraction early to give him the lead at a first corner, sometimes they did the donkey work for him, using up their supply of tyres so that he would be able to use the knowledge to his advantage, sometimes they acted as hares to break the opposition in races. Once or twice he handed over wins when he no longer needed them, to say thank you, but when all was said and done Michael had an unfair advantage.

Perhaps it was his acceptance of this and the fact that there were other allegations in his early career that Benetton used illegal traction-control systems in 1994 that led some in F1 to conclude that every car he ever drove was somehow illegal. Perhaps this was a reflection of his apparent acceptance that there was nothing wrong with having an unfair advantage over his team mate. Where the theory breaks down is that intellectually-speaking, any intelligent person knows that cheating is really only cheating oneself. Ayrton Senna, the man who should have been Michael's rival for longer, would insist that any system he did not think was legal should be taken off his car. He wanted to know that he was the best and would not accept that winning was enough. Michael is an intelligent man and should have reached the same conclusions."

jgredline

RH
Thanks for the article. Personally I believe there is some truth to it, but if the #2 did sighn the contract and accepted payment for services rendered, then thats thier bad. They took the money and ran. Good for them. As for michael, well that would show his brilliance even more. I wonder if Kimi has a similar clause in his contract if true and if not, Masa might just take it to him. The team love him and most from what I can see/read don't care much for kimi.
To finish first, first you must finish.

Spencifer_Murphy

The team love him and most from what I can see/read don't care much for kimi.
That will change if Kimi gets some results. Besides its all about getting to know the man. Massa was surely helped into Ferrari by his manager being Jean Todt's son. But as a racer he has improved VASTLY at Ferrari. I rate him now quite highly, and I've seen a significant change in his body language and public speaking since his win in Turkey.

As for Kimi, as the team get used to his ways, and his personality, and understand that he just isn't much of an emotional guy, they'll grow to like him (as long as he bags the results!)
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Tp
Tp

Cool I'm on the tribute page, thanks a lot Principessa.

saam

Suprior Class Human Unrivalled Machine Above Choice High-caliber Exceptionally Remarkable = SCHUMACHER
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

Tom

Sorry, didn't hear you there, although i think you said...

Superficial Contraversial Highly Unsporting Man Always Causing Exigency Ruthless=

The real SCHUMACHER

You knew this was coming!
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

saam wrote:Suprior Class Human Unrivalled Machine Above Choice High-caliber Exceptionally Remarkable = SCHUMACHER
You mean Übermensch? I agree with you 100%. Schuey is nothing more but sad attempt of trying to be Übermensch although he doesn't have even basic human qualities worth of respect. That's like being flat-chested and than implanting D-cup silicones just to deny it. Same thing as with his titles and records – to one that has never seen real champion Schuey can appear like one just as silicones can appear as real ones to someone who has never seen real ones.
wikipedia wrote:The Übermensch, (sometimes translated as "Overman", or "superman") is a concept expounded upon by philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche in Thus Spoke Zarathustra. In that book, the protagonist, Zarathustra, contends that a man can become an Übermensch (homo superior; the common equivalent English translation would be 'super-human').
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cbermensch
Last edited by manchild on 14 Sep 2006, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

saam

One word for you manchild......IDIOT

man CHILD says it all
Always FERRARI

Carlos

Saam . Your rudness does you no credit. Everyone may express an opinion. Manchild contains the term "child"--- but he has an opinion, and the ability and right to express it. Name calling is truly for children. You are that child --- go to your room and consider the possiblity of maturity.
Manchild is of great assistance to this site and many of it's members. And your contribution? I dislike giving advice to people that have not earned my respect. I will make an exception for you this once. In all activities of life, rudness invites disaster. Learn this now so that you may prosper latter.

manchild

Its sad that people who don't have the arguments to explain their point of view always switch to personal insults. Truth hurts sometimes...

saam

If you know me you can form an opinion, if you dont then your just as much a child as manchild is carlos.

I have time and time again, argued with manchild on facts especialy with SHU and ferrari and then he comes back on here and turns HIS own opinions around once he knows he hasnt the full facts, just plain stupid opinions.

Im not here to make friends, most of you here i feel arnt worth the effort, there has been no welcomed feel from when i started, but thats ok with me, you have already formed an opinion of me based on who i follow

You have your opinion, i have mine. If you dont like it, thats your problem, deal with it.... and in the meantime you can grow up also.
Always FERRARI

Principessa

As I've sent the link to the newsarticle to Ferrari, the press officer emailed my back today. They want to thank all the fans for their kind words and the team and schumacher feels your love and is very thankful for that! :wink:

manchild

saam wrote:If you know me you can form an opinion, if you dont then your just as much a child as manchild is carlos.

I have time and time again, argued with manchild on facts especialy with SHU and ferrari and then he comes back on here and turns HIS own opinions around once he knows he hasnt the full facts, just plain stupid opinions.

Im not here to make friends, most of you here i feel arnt worth the effort, there has been no welcomed feel from when i started, but thats ok with me, you have already formed an opinion of me based on who i follow

You have your opinion, i have mine. If you dont like it, thats your problem, deal with it.... and in the meantime you can grow up also.
Your arrogance is incredible. No one prohibits you to state your own opinion about topic but you can't go on insulting other forum member because they don't share your opinion. You're not the one with right to judge opinions of other forum members and to insult them because they think different.

Since your opinion is nothing more but another opinion, whatever you said about mine or others can be applied to yours too (stupid, idiot, plain stupid, without facts...) but as you've noticed, no one here insults you or tells you to grow up even though the way you write and what you write gives them every right to do so.
Last edited by manchild on 19 Sep 2006, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

WS
WS

ziveo novi sad! :)