maFIA does it again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild

maFIA does it again!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54431
autosport.com wrote:FIA investigates Briatore remarks

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, September 10th 2006, 17:45 GMT

Flavio Briatore could be summoned to appear in front of the World Motor Sport Council next week, after the FIA said it was reviewing his latest criticism of Formula One.

The Renault team chief accused the sport's authorities for 'fixing' the championship outcome in favour of rivals Ferrari.

"Compared to what is happening in Formula One, 'calciopoli' just makes me smile," Briatore stated, referring to the Italian football scandal which resulted in leading club Juventus, owned like Ferrari by the Fiat group, being demoted to the second division as punishment.

Subsequently, an FIA spokesman told reports at Monza: "The comments attributed to the Renault team principal have been noted by the FIA and are under consideration."

According to the regulations, the FIA can summon any competitor, including drivers and team members, for a hearing if he "fails to operate his team in a manner compatible with the standards of the Championship or in any way brings the Championship into disrepute."

If found guilty, the FIA can go as far as excluding the competitor from the championship.

In 1997, then Williams driver Jacques Villeneuve was summoned in front of the World Motor Sport Council after making disparaging remarks on Formula One's competitiveness following a series of rule changes. The Canadian was let off with a reprimand.

Briatore, who has been vocally critical of the FIA since the governing body banned the mass dampers system mid-season, could be summoned to the upcoming WMSC meeting, scheduled for September 19.

The extraordinary meeting was already scheduled, to consider a controversial podium presentation at the Turkish Grand Prix in Istanbul last month.

mihael

Poor loser Flavio

sebbe

Poor guy...

What happened in Turkey?
Everybody knows that F1 is fixed according to Ferrari's needs...
Personally I've decided to care about McLaren and nothing else (I hope Ron is still strong enought to kick Mercedes out of Woking, they've done nothing for us).
By the way, McLaren suffered several deceptions thanks to Ferrari's claims to Max, for example, Berillium Engines, that wonderful cluch, etc.
That's their nature...
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

mep

:lol:

sennafan

Changing tyre rules back after Bridgestone/Ferrari lost there advantage last year,banning mass dampers,penalising Alonso today,option 13 in '94 ,anybody not thinking it's fixed is in denial.
Sad day for sport.

theSuit

Briatore can be an ass.

Funny at times though, that and his habit of dating super models does lighten up F1.

manchild

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54437
autosport.com wrote:Briatore clarifies 'jokey' remarks

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, September 10th 2006, 19:06 GMT

Renault team chief Flavio Briatore has moved to clarify his comments about the integrity of Formula One, the Italian saying these comments were made in jest.

Briatore has been critical of the sport's authorities, saying the world championship is being fixed in favour of Ferrari, further claiming in a post-race interview with Italian television RAI that the recent scandal in Italian football pales in comparison with the situation in F1.

But after the FIA said it was looking into Briatore's comments, with the Italian possibly invited to appear in front of the World Motor Sport Council for bringing the sport into disrepute, Briatore issued a statement that moves to downplay the severity of his accusations.

"These comments, which have been attributed to me in the press today, have been completely taken out of context," Briatore stated. "A jokey remark has been turned into something it was not intended to be.

"I have every confidence in the governance of our sport and look forward to our team fighting and winning the Formula One World Championship this season."

The Formula One Sporting Regulations allow the FIA to punish any competitor who brings in any way the championship into disrepute.

boban-mk

Yes, FIA is not perfect. Nobody in that position can't be. They sometime have to be rude, sometime they are soft. That's why they can't be good for everyone. After they change rulles, all talk about who will favor that change. Last year, many things has changed from year before, like engine, tyres. I can remember what were the comments on that, that ferrari arrange that, and all stupid talks about it. But we all see that was completly the oposite. And if any team get a big advantage of that change, it was Reno. Ferrari lose because of tires, McLaren lose because of engine. We can pretend that Reno win that title because they where best and FA was best driver, but we all know the truth. I'm a fan of Kimi. But i respect all others. I know that there is three drivers that are top and that is MS, KR and FA. But i respect when somone win and say only two words about championship that is now close to two points to FA. He knows that if it wasn't that engine failure, FA will be at 8 points.
But i will never respect somone who was hapiest person when he win in Germany 2005, just because Kimi had a tyre failure at last lap, and say about that as a great drive and great win, and he deserved.
After someone like FIA alows you to have ilegal system in your car for a year, that helped you win both titles in 2005, and after that tells you, ok, you use that for so long time, but you must remove it, because it's ilegal, they are furious, and FIA is maFIA.
After someone like FIA sees that somone made a pass by riding a grass field at first shikane, and not react on that, they are again furious and FIA is maFIA.
After somone like FIA see that because somone was punished because of ilegal move in Hungary, and that it will cause a big advantage to other, than they invent some other bad move to MS and punish him also. Nobody at Ferrari react on that nor on this FA pass trough grass at Monza, that was not sanctioned by FIA.

After MS retirement, i can say good luck to FA, because he will need when he goes at MaClaren because with Dr.Stupid(Ron) and with perfect engine from Mercedes he will not have such luck like last and this year.
I can say good luck to Kimi, because finally will have a car which will not failling apart every second race, and engine will blowup after one race.
Good luck to Schumi also and wish him good live in future, you made a right decision in right time.
Also good luck to Briatore also, bacause with fisi as prime driver he will definitely need much.

DaveKillens

Well, the FIA can muzzle anyone involved in the sport by threatening discipline, but that doesn't change the truth. And the truth is, that by it's own set of circumstances and decisions, the FIA itself has most definitely brought Formula One into disrepute.
As an idealist who holds to heart the concept of fair play and equal opportunity, no matter the outcome, I will have the firm belief that politics and money and bias have a too large impact on Formula One.
Let's face it, every so often this happens in sports. We just had the Italian soccer scandal. Professional boxing has had matches fixed. In US professional baseball, many years ago a team threw the world series, for money from people betting on the outcome. Just about every major professional sport experiences a time when foul play robs the fans of honest competition. And right now, what is going on in Formula One just plain stinks.
The sad part is, just a few dirty souls tarnish the good work of many. Most people in the sport give it their all, they deserve respect. But everyone is painted by the same brush, and everyone involved in Formula One is spattered by the dung of dishonesty.
It's a shame, a darn shame, because I truly love this great sport. But now I will forever question any win, any accomplishment, because of the politics and machinations of the people who should just run the show, instead of fixing the outcome.

mini696

boban-mk wrote:Yes, FIA is not perfect. Nobody in that position can't be. They sometime have to be rude, sometime they are soft. That's why they can't be good for everyone. After they change rulles, all talk about who will favor that change. Last year, many things has changed from year before, like engine, tyres. I can remember what were the comments on that, that ferrari arrange that, and all stupid talks about it. But we all see that was completly the oposite. And if any team get a big advantage of that change, it was Reno. Ferrari lose because of tires, McLaren lose because of engine. We can pretend that Reno win that title because they where best and FA was best driver, but we all know the truth. I'm a fan of Kimi. But i respect all others. I know that there is three drivers that are top and that is MS, KR and FA. But i respect when somone win and say only two words about championship that is now close to two points to FA. He knows that if it wasn't that engine failure, FA will be at 8 points.
But i will never respect somone who was hapiest person when he win in Germany 2005, just because Kimi had a tyre failure at last lap, and say about that as a great drive and great win, and he deserved.
After someone like FIA alows you to have ilegal system in your car for a year, that helped you win both titles in 2005, and after that tells you, ok, you use that for so long time, but you must remove it, because it's ilegal, they are furious, and FIA is maFIA.
After someone like FIA sees that somone made a pass by riding a grass field at first shikane, and not react on that, they are again furious and FIA is maFIA.
After somone like FIA see that because somone was punished because of ilegal move in Hungary, and that it will cause a big advantage to other, than they invent some other bad move to MS and punish him also. Nobody at Ferrari react on that nor on this FA pass trough grass at Monza, that was not sanctioned by FIA.

After MS retirement, i can say good luck to FA, because he will need when he goes at MaClaren because with Dr.Stupid(Ron) and with perfect engine from Mercedes he will not have such luck like last and this year.
I can say good luck to Kimi, because finally will have a car which will not failling apart every second race, and engine will blowup after one race.
Good luck to Schumi also and wish him good live in future, you made a right decision in right time.
Also good luck to Briatore also, bacause with fisi as prime driver he will definitely need much.
Wow!! We have our blinkers on don't we? I'm sure everyone who isn't biased like you can find flaws in ever argument here so I cant be bothered. You wouldnt care to listen anyway would you?

pRo

boban-mk wrote:We can pretend that Reno win that title because they where best and FA was best driver, but we all know the truth.
I'm sorry, I don't think I know the truth. Please educate me.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Hudsonhawk.

Briatore drives an italian tank.....1 forward gear and 6 reverse.....

Bloody little cat he is......why doesnt he stand by his initial/true thoughts.....pussy

kilcoo316

They shouldn't have banned the mass-damper mid-season.

I don't give a --- what they (the FIA) say about it, that was wrong.

saam

What i sence in these forums are the lack of respect for other teams. How many of you "wannabes" bag FERRARI or their divers or even the FIA. Get a life of your own, i know why you keep taking about the FIA or FERRARI and its becasue your own teams are NOT worth talking about...

Enough said, and take it like a pro 8)
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

manchild

saam wrote:.... I know why you keep taking about the FIA or FERRARI and its becasue your own teams are NOT worth talking about...
I agree, other teams are kind of boring because they are decent and respectfull. Comparing Ferrari with other teams is like comparing Iran with Scandinavian countries - attention Ferrari gets is based on bad things they do.