maFIA does it again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54445

I wonder who is authorised to check if FIA menagement is "bringing the sport into disrepute". Or do they consider themselves perfect?

That is typical attitude seen in all communistic/fascistics regimes and dictatroships in general. Everyone can be questioned except the ones in power. Mosley's daddy must be proud of him.

According to FIA, even if every FIA official was corrupeted any participant in the sport pointing out that would still be "bringing the sport into disrepute" even though that participant in the sport would actually standingh up for the sport with such form of protest.

It's like fighting against dictator in your own country - dictator would call you traitor while the truth is that you'd be actually doing something good for the country.

magueto73

sennafan wrote: Sad day for sport.
Is my first post here and I don’t want to create any bad understanding, but what kind of sport is F1 right now? A sport is an activity where you compete against other rivals with clear and squares rules, where bad and no so bad incidents happens for the actions of the actors with or without intention; but F1 is not that anymore from a long…long….long time ago, right now F1 is a political and power game playing by some alter ego guys with a bunch of drivers (acting as their puppets) risking their lives at 280+ kph; trying to giving to all the fans a real but at the end a fake show of what a real competition must be.

F1 is a political show in where Ferrari is the only team with the rules completely clear, all the decisions are in their favor.

[EDF]Fx

What if the dictator is good for the country, are you still doing your fellow countrymen a favor ?

/ Fx

sennafan

We will never see a time when Prost and Senna raced head-to-head in the same car ,on the same tyres,with the same engine(88/89).If Shuy is so great ,why does'nt he race Kimi on equal terms ,in same car,same tyres,same engine and NO TEAM ORDERS

manchild

[EDF]Fx wrote:What if the dictator is good for the country, are you still doing your fellow countrymen a favor ?

/ Fx
There is no such thing as good dictator. Under any dictator part of society sufferes so that isn't good for the country as whole. Country and government are two different things but always equalized by dictators in order to describe attack on them and their regime as attack on country.

That is why Mosley is doing - he is equalizing attacks on him and current rotten FIA menagement as attack on sport.

L'État, c'est moi or in Mosley's case FIA, c'est moi or FIA, c'est sport :roll:

wazojugs

Not to worry lets just sit it out and mosley will retire soon.

Would anyone agree that he started going downhill in his judgement when senna died on live tv.

Alexis

F1 is a political show in where Ferrari is the only team with the rules completely clear, all the decisions are in their favor.
All the decisions in their favor?

Why did they punish him after Monaco qualifs then? And in Budapest? Alonso cut the chicane while passing Heidfeld shortly after the start in Monza, they could have given him a drive through to help Schumi but they didn't. Why?

In my eyes FIA judgement is quite fair this year... just like the rules.

Briatore suffers from a lot of pressure these days now that Ferrari overtook them in the constructors championship. Too bad he tries something cheap by inventing a complete mafia network :roll:
Show that you're a loser with a lot of money who can't get a racing license, drive the Gumball 3000...

Surry fer mai bed Hinglish

manchild

Alexis wrote:Why did they punish him after Monaco qualifs then? And in Budapest?
In Monaco - because only Schuey, Todt, Brown and Montezemolo out whole F1 world thought it wasn't deliberate, dangerous and dirty. Whole F1 public including teams, marshalls, stewards, drivers, fans, journalists agreed that is was deliberate, dangerous and dirty.

In Budapest - because hundreads of millions of TV viewers saw him overtaking 3 or 4 cars under red flag. As much as I know that also one of his "greatest achievements". There was never such case in history of F1 - multiple overtaking under red flag, regardless on radio com. with pits.

I know FIA wouldn't punish him if those events weren't televised, so if you ask why, it happened because of presence of TV cameras.

Rob W

manchild wrote:There is no such thing as good dictator. Under any dictator part of society sufferes so that isn't good for the country as whole. Country and government are two different things but always equalized by dictators...
You only need to look at Singapore to argue against that claim. It works well for them. If anything, the parts of Singapore society that suffers under their rule are drug-dealers and criminals who, in reality, no-one should really waste too much time crying over.

It's not the best analogy to F1. Cars, drivers and teams are free to not compete in F1 remember.

I think it would do F1 well to sort its messages out properly and do away with the recent practices which are constantly being the subject of debate. When the talking points of a sport are so often about the rules and interpretation it's always bad.

For one I think all technical investigations should publically name the person who instigated it. It's common knowledge in the paddock (well, according to two friends of mine who work in F1) that Ferrari put a massive effort into questioning every possible area of the rules in order to get the Renault mass-damper system looked at and banned. If this was common knowledge to everyone people would think twice about conducting themselves like this and thereby creating the bad blood which has increased in F1 this year.

Alonso got a five slot demotion for arguably slightly hindering Massa during qualifying, with tons of mitigating circumstances and evidence. Yet only month earlier Schumy undeniably cheated at Monaco to damge the chances of anyone beating him and only got put back twice as far as Alonso. Surely he should have been disqualified completely? The disproportionate levels of punishment are sometimes laughable.

Rob W

manchild

Rob W wrote: It works well for them. If anything, the parts of Singapore society that suffers under their rule are drug-dealers and criminals who, in reality, no-one should really waste too much time crying over.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
amnesty international wrote:Freedom of expression continued to be curbed by restrictive legislation and by the effects of civil defamation suits against political opponents. Peaceful demonstrators also faced penalties. At least 24 Jehovah's Witnesses were imprisoned during the year. Death sentences continued to be imposed and at least two executions were known to have been carried out. Criminal offenders were sentenced to caning... Under the law, caning may be imposed on juvenile offenders.
more here
http://web.amnesty.org/web/ar2002.nsf/a ... apore?Open

and here (caninig)
http://www.pekingduck.org/archives/000383.php
HRW wrote:There are under-18s in government armed forces as voluntary recruits are accepted from the age of 16...

Domestic workers face a wide range of grave abuses and labor exploitation, including physical and sexual abuse, forced confinement, non-payment of wages, denial of food and health care and excessive working hours with no rest days...

Women migrant domestic workers in Singapore suffer grave abuses including physical and sexual violence, food deprivation, and confinement in the workplace...
http://hrw.org/doc/?t=asia&c=singap

-----------------

I stay by my opinion - there is no good dictatorship.

mini696

Alexis wrote:Alonso cut the chicane while passing Heidfeld shortly after the start in Monza, they could have given him a drive through to help Schumi but they didn't. Why?
That was their own fault, after they "clarified" the chicane rules to allow MS's moves in Hungary to go unpunished.

mcdenife

Manchild wrote:
amnesty international wrote:
Freedom of expression continued to be curbed by restrictive legislation and by the effects of civil defamation suits against political opponents. Peaceful demonstrators also faced penalties. At least 24 Jehovah's Witnesses were imprisoned during the year. Death sentences continued to be imposed and at least two executions were known to have been carried out. Criminal offenders were sentenced to caning... Under the law, caning may be imposed on juvenile offenders.
I stay by my opinion - there is no good dictatorship.
These are not a consequence of a dictatorship and infact there are a number of 'democratic' countries (including some well established ones) where even worse happens. So whether bad legislation etc is reached/imposed by a dictorship or a democratic process makes no difference to the people who suffer under it. There is good governance and bad governance, neither have anything to do with the with the type of government. Indeed if a people prefer a dictatorship and it works for them, then who are we to say their form of governance is bad.
Saying that a particular type of governance is better and then forcing (directly or indirectly) on another is in most cases a bad thing. They say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" and you do not need to look far to find countries/peoples blighted by democratisation. Sorry fo the OT
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

Tom

I must say congratulations to both Alonso and Martin Brundle. Alonso for having the guts to say what he, and now most of F1, thinks that Ferrari are being helped by the FIA. Even more for Brundle confronting Mad Max and arguing with him. If only Bernie had joined in it would have been the most exciting thing in F1 for 100years! I loved it when Max replied to Martin's question with a (noticably irritated, knew he'd was in trouble) typical PR reply, at which point Martin rudely interupted and in no uncertain terms told Max he was wrong, and being a vetran of 157GPs, he knew what was happening better than the FIA ringleader.

Well done Martin, you are an F1 hero.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

vyselegend

This interwiev was on british TV? Is there a report somewhere, I'd like to read it. Did Max really answeared to irritating questions? It would surprise me, I see him most as the type who flee with an angry move of the hand and a closed expression on the face.
Anyway I'm very curious at how he defended himself and his maFIA...

Tom

It was on ITV (British TV) where the commentator and former driver Martin Brundle does his walk of the grid and interviews drivers and celebrities. If anyone can find the vid it would be much appreciated.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.