maFIA does it again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mcdenife
mcdenife

well he said, that Martin has not seen the data which supports the decision. Then Martin told him something along the lines of 'we 'll just have to agree to differ on that one'. It was quite good and brave on Martin's part.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

vyselegend

Thanks, I think I see what it looked like...
I'll second the request for the vid, too.

Tom

Also the commentators mentioned something about the Stewards:

1 Brit,
1 Italian,
1 South American.

And who benefitted most from Alonso's penalty?
Why, surprise surprise, two men driving Italian cars and one of them in fact South American!

Read what you like into it, I think I've made my opinion clear.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Saribro
Saribro

theSuit
theSuit

Did anyone from Renault ever discuss publicly that the penalty was due to the aerodynamic effect?

manchild
manchild

Tom wrote:Also the commentators mentioned something about the Stewards:

1 Brit,
1 Italian,
1 South American.

And who benefitted most from Alonso's penalty?
Why, surprise surprise, two men driving Italian cars and one of them in fact South American!

Read what you like into it, I think I've made my opinion clear.
Two Italians, I'm not sure about the 3rd guy.

Spencifer_Murphy

From what I heard on ITV's coverage, the stewards were:

1. Tony Allen Scott (The standard guy who is now always a steward at all races...he#'s british i think)
2. An italian
3. a south american

A little conpirosy theory (only light hearted im not being completely serous) but the south american steward's first name...

...is Enzo.

NO JOKE. Thats what James Allen said on ITV's coverage. :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

manchild
manchild

It's payback time! :twisted:

Brundle's revenge for this

FLC
FLC

Martin Brundle sounds very objective in that interview. He always sounds like that when it comes to MS and ferrari. But hey, he's driven 150something races (about half of them he didnt finish/DQF), whatever he says is the deciding truth.

MS was penalised by a spanish steward, if anyone has forgotten, and back then when people pointed to that fact, others mentioned that the nationality thing was an ugly note, wasnt it like that?

FLC
FLC

oh and watch this video :arrow: http://www.coresworld.net/F1/1stlap_alonso@monza.avi and tell me that Fisichella didnt move over for Alonso and that Alonso had to cut the chicane. He just stops turning the car with no fight. Some people say he crossed the line before the start but I dont think it's anything serious. You're welcome to judge yourself.
Anyway, the point is that if MS or Ferrari did all these things there would definitely be an uproar. Like I always say - its part of the game. Accept it or dont be a fan. No CONSPIRACRY behind anything, altough I could think of something after watching this video.

m3_lover

If you looked at the actual race, you can see that heldfield braked late too and he was in the chicane and by the way MS cut the chicane twice during Hungary GP.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

FLC
FLC

That is the actual race. They both braked late, one passed through the chicane and the other one didnt. Exactly like MS and DLR. Anyway, thats not my point. The point was that if MS did what Alonso did in that lap it wouldnt be unnoticed.
Team orders, stealing a small distance on the line and cutting a chicane - and all in one lap.
and still I think it's part of the game and would like to note, again, that I dont see any consipracy behind it and I'm also not whining about it.

boban-mk

Alonso should have been punished for that, there should be no doubt about that.
We can just imagine the reaction from Reno if that happend.

theSuit
theSuit

The problem with arguing against conspiracy theories is that you're trying to prove a negative. Though possible, it is generally acknowledged as difficult.

After all, any evidence to the contrary is just part of the cover up, right?

I don't think I've heard a single argument for a conspiracy here that doesn't sound like it's coming from someone with a point to prove, or that actually takes the time to even feign a rational consideration of different explanations and construct a logical argument.

But then again I usually don't bother with the conspiracy theory merchants, so maybe I've missed something beyond the repetition of their statements.

Rob W

manchild wrote:
Rob W wrote: It works well for them. If anything, the parts of Singapore society that suffers under their rule are drug-dealers and criminals who, in reality, no-one should really waste too much time crying over.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

....Peaceful demonstrators also faced penalties. At least 24 Jehovah's Witnesses were imprisoned during the year. Death sentences continued to be imposed and at least two executions were known to have been carried out.

and here (caninig)
http://www.pekingduck.org/archives/000383.php
HRW wrote:There are under-18s in government armed forces as voluntary recruits are accepted from the age of 16...

Domestic workers face a wide range of grave abuses and labor exploitation, including physical and sexual abuse, forced confinement, non-payment of wages, denial of food and health care and excessive working hours with no rest days...

I stay by my opinion - there is no good dictatorship.
I suppose that's a fair arguement but I don't think either the harsh punishment of what they see as criminals nor the military service really have much to do with Singapore being a dictatorship. They still have a parliament to work on the wording and tabling of laws. Malaysia and Thailand, both democracies, have equally as harsh laws on drugs. Likewise, Israel and Sweden, democracies both, have compulsary military service.

Also, physical (and sexual) abuse or otherwise of workers is commonplace in many many countries such as Indonesia, most central african nations etc - many of which are democracies.

I think the process and motivation by which laws/rules are passed and the culture within Govt depts with regards to crime, corruption etc are far more open to bad end-results with dictatorships but definitely not exclusive to them. I've stayed in Singapore many times and while some of their laws seem overly harsh compared to where I come from, New Zealand, they don't make me feel opressed or hard done by.

Rob W