maFIA does it again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Spencifer_Murphy

Team orders, stealing a small distance on the line and cutting a chicane
You're trying to say Massa wouldn't move over for Schumi if he was in the same position as Fisi & Alonso were? Its obvious that he would, just look at the amount of times Barrichello moved over for Schumi over the years (Austria 2002 being the most noticable, and then we were only mid-way through the championship!)

Besides, who says it was team orders? Could quite easily be Fisi doing it of his own accord. How do we know Fisi didn't decide to do this and inform Alonso of it. At the end of the day the whole team would benifit from Fisi doing it. I read an interview with Nico Rosberg which said "I learnt a lot in my first few races, like at Sepang when I fought on the pit straight at the start with Mark [Webber], that was wrong. Its different in F1. In GP2 and the other series you are paying for your drive, you race for yourself. In F1 you are being paid TO drive, so you have to drive for the team." What Fisi did wasn't nessecarily team orders. But on the other hand it very well could have been.

But we also Fisi do the same sort of self-less act at Turkey, where he put his own car into a spin at the first turn to avoid colliding with Fernando. Fisi's a good 2nd driver...just like Rubens was, and Felipe is for Schumi.
point was that if MS did what Alonso did in that lap it wouldnt be unnoticed.
No, you're right it wouldn't be unoticed. But is wasn't unoticed for Alonso either. Even if the stewards didn't release the little caption saying "Car 1 Under investigation" doesn't mean they didn't look at it at all. They clarified the rules after the Hungary incident and as a result all moves like that are legal. It was legal for MS, and now its legal for FA. On a Moral note, no it should be punished, I AGREE WITH YOU, I wanna make that clear. But the rules say its legal, so there's no point arguing that Alonso should be penalised...why? on what basis? Schumi wasn't at Hungary, because, according to the stewards, it was a legal move. And now, according to the stewards, FA's move was legal.
He just stops turning the car with no fight.
That was a cleaver move. I've seen a few drivers do that at that chicane at Monza. Those big black kerbs will destroy the undertray of the car if Alonso was to drive over them at the speed he was traveling. At much lower speeds drivers will weave between them, but it surely wasn't posible to do that with the sort of speed Feranando was carrying into that corner.
Some people say he crossed the line before the start but I dont think it's anything serious
That is just people looking for more to add to a weak argument. You seem to be one of the few people who can put together a really good argument against Alonso on this. The idea that he jumped the start is stupid, just people making things up to add to their arguments. Same thing often happens when schumi does something wrong. "Oh did you notice he also did this too...bad boy he is" when in actual fact hye didn't, or if he did it was marginal.
and all in one lap
Actually the chicane was cut in lap 2. :lol: 'm just joking around btw, please don't take offence.

I'd also like to point out that my posts on this topic (and the Monza GP topic) are in NO WAY meant to be a personal attack on you or your views FLC, so please don't feel like they are, I can understand why that may seem the case. Its just like I said before your arguments against Alonso seem to be the strongest (by far) out of the few I've seen, and actually get my mind thinking. They are more complete than the old "Alonso was wrong, end of" sort of post, and provoaks a good discussion and debate that I enjoy. So please don't take offense...insted take it as a complement that I find your posts so well founded. :wink:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

FLC
FLC

Spencifer_Murphy, there is no insult in your posts to me, and I'm only here, just like you, to exchange opinions.
You quote my posts almost sentence by sentence and I would think that you would have read more carefully into them.
To the first 3 arguments you gave I can answer with what I wrote in the original post. Maybe you didnt notice it. I wrote: "Like I always say - its part of the game. Accept it or dont be a fan". I dont think Renault or Alonso should have been punished for anything of what I pointed to (that is according to the current regulations, not the ones I think should be implemented). My only argument is that if they were done by a red car, driven by a driver with a red helmet, there would be an uproar about conspiracy and so on.
To the 4th one (Alonso crossing the line) I can still answer with the original post. I wrote: "I dont think it's anything serious. You're welcome to judge yourself". Because like you, I think it was an on the way add-on. I really dont think that Renault have sabotaged the start sensors or Flavio conspired with Whiting, or anything like that.

manchild

C'mon FLC, in Hungary Schumacher hit two cars - Fisichella and Heidfeld, cut chichane twice without loosing speed and got no penalty at all!

As for conspiracy theory, it was Max in the mid 90s who said "F1 needs Ferrari". It was the time when Ferrari was spending huge summs of money with no title in sight and was close to end up like Lotus or Brabham. FIA did help Ferrari to get back on its feet and that is not conspiracy but common fact.

Unfortunately, Ferrari and FIAt seam to have bought Mosley and what was help to prevent Ferrari quitting F1 has turned into domination colored with coruption that favors Ferrari over any other team in F1. It has nothing to do with Renault. Same things happened when Mclaren was Ferrari's main rival.

FLC
FLC

I'm sure MS hit them both on purpose. He had to, it must have been good for is championship battle. --- happens when you race, and by the way - Heidfeld's line through the chicane was somewhat strange. I think he slid. As for the rest (cutting chicanes) - my opinion is further above.

Your conspiracy theory is, to me, a good excuse. I dont see how the FIA is doing anything to favour Ferrari. Like I demonstrated above - when you try hard enough you can find clues for something like that all over the place. Oh and yes, I'm sure the FIA would risk their integrity and let Ferrari buy them out or favour them in order to keep them in the sport. After all - when Lotus and Brabham quit they killed the sport, right? They must have really bad memories from that. Especially now, when teams are applying more than the places there is to fill. and look who's amid them, if it aint Paul Stoddart, the one with arguably the most hate-Ferrari guided approach. I'm sure he's so honest and the FIA so corrupt, that he wanted his garage back. Makes perfect sense. and all these years, about 10, there was never even a secretary or a low-key engineer or anyone else, that over-heard something and went with it to the press. and yes, all the times when Ferrari won cases in court - it's because they bought the judge too. Who would refuse a brand new 612? right? but what am I saying, this thread's topic is "maFIA". I'm sure Max can teach the Sopranos a few moves. Phathetic...

The FIA isnt doing a very good job in terms of regulations and so on, but to go from there to a conspiracy of the size you're talking about is way too far.
Last edited by FLC on 13 Sep 2006, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

FLC
FLC

Made a mistake, sorry.

manchild

FLC wrote:I'm sure MS hit them both on purpose. He had to, it must have been good for is championship battle.
When we discussed Alonso-Doornboss incidents than all of Schuey fans said Alonso did it, he is guilty etc. I'm saying for Alonso same thing you said about Schuey - none of them did it on purpose because only an idiot would risk title for such a trivial thing BUT Alonso is getting penalised for being at least 100 meters infront of Massa but Schuey gets no penalty for hitting two cars and cutting chicane twice!

If Alonso impeeded Massa and got penalty why wasn't Schuey penalised at least for hitting Fisichella? Fisichella crashed later and DNF because of demage Schuey caused on rear end of his car. Where is the equality in that?!

There is only one conspiracy in F1 without being a theory anymore (except for those involved in conspiracy and their supporters). Remember voting procedures i previous years, 9 to 1, everyone else except Ferrari, over and over again. Well, same situation is with "conspiracy" - everyone except Ferrari and FIA say there is a conspiracy. Some call it "too much politics", some call it "cheating", "fixing" or "manipulating" but overall it is one and the same thing. It is even being mentioned by most impartial individuals and medias, like pitpass today - http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=29315

FLC
FLC

Alonso brake-tested Doornbos on purpose, that is in FP1 in Hungary. It was very obvious. Isnt that equal to what happened with MS in Monaco? Is it less dangerous? Why wasnt he sent to the back of the grid in that race? because it was FP? Why wasnt he DQ? Wasnt that a good opportunity for the FIA to penalise him real good? Why wasnt he given any penalty when he did that to Klien (I think it was Klien) in one of the test sessions? He endangered a Toyota too in that incident. How come the big maFIA wasnt smart enough, awake enough to use these incidents in favour of Ferrari? They were all on video (reminds you of anything?)...

If the voting results is your proof to the existence of a conspiracy then I pitty you. Does it mean that now, that Renault made signs of coming more closely to Ferrari's side and leaving the GPMA, they are getting themselves into it? I'm sure that was on the table in the secret meeting in Maranello. After all, every maFIA is in pursuit of growing, right? Doesnt money makes you blind? Why favour one when you can favour two? give the fans a real thrill and have both the teams fight head to head. 3 races to go and 2-3 points of a difference. Makes you think, huh, manchild?

Which brings me to the article you linked to. PitPass is maybe impartial to you, but any media, just like the writer says, is after a good, juicy story. That article was written by an individual man with certin opinions. His own. I dont buy his theory. I think it is too complicated, it is dependant on too many facotrs/individuals/groups that its impossiable to implement on the long run and to the extent you are suggesting. I would take the nationality of the stewards thing more seriously before that.

and about just the FIA and Ferrari saying that there is no conspiracy - didnt Flavio say he has full confidence in the FIA? Can you have full confidence in someone who is a part of a conspiracy against you? Was he made to say it with a knife on his throat? Couldnt he handle the fine he would prob. get if he continued the line he started right after the stewards released their decisions or a reprimand (I really dont think the FIA would DQ Renault after all the noise, and I'm sure he knows it)?

One more thing: if the CVC is really up to that scam that the editor of PitPass is suggesting, where is Ferrari's part in the whole thing? Why is it to be blamed? Why is it their fault more than Renault's? I dont think you and him are talking about the same thing...

manchild

FLC wrote:Alonso brake-tested Doornbos on purpose, that is in FP1 in Hungary. It was very obvious. Isnt that equal to what happened with MS in Monaco?
Its great to hear that you know that everything Alonso did was on purpose and that whatever Schuey did wasn't on purpose. :roll:

It isn't equal because there is no proof that Alonso brake tested him while there is a proof that Schuey stall his engine on purpose after lying that it happened all by itself.

Rob W

FLC wrote:Alonso brake-tested Doornbos on purpose, that is in FP1 in Hungary. It was very obvious. Isnt that equal to what happened with MS in Monaco? Is it less dangerous?...
Based on the severity of the offending, if Alonso was sent back five places for inadvertedly holding up Massa at Monza then Schumacher's completely deliberate incident at Monaco warranted complete disqualification from the race. The 'curve' of punishment in F1 seems wrong. Schumacher got off way too lightly for my liking. In ANY other sport you'd be sidelined for weeks for something so serious.

In neither of these two incidents did the driver admit his guilt but that is besides the point. In Monaco the stewards found that Scumy had 'parked' his car - clearly not something you can do without some effort. For Alonso at Monza however they conceded his actions weren't neccesarily intentional. In fact Alonso may not have even seen how close Massa was to him for the immediate previous corners - nor known the car was a Ferrari (OK, they might have told him on his radio).

Cheating on track (MS at Monaco) should warrant immediate exclusion from the race-meet. Holding someone up in ambiguous circumstances should warrant a penalty as Alonso was given.

FYI, I don't think Alonso held Massa up, but once the stewards make a ruling is makes no difference really.

Rob W

FLC
FLC

manchild, dont twist my words. Where did you see me saying that MS havent done anything on purpose? Did I even say he never did anything wrong? Didnt I say he and Alonso are doing the same things, more or less?

I dont think we need a proof to know that Alonso did brake-test Dornboss on purpose, it's clearly notable. Just like you say MS's act in Monaco was. But, again, you are missing my point. If there was a conspiracy at the size you are suggesting I think someone would have used that incindent to punish Alonso and give the advantage to Ferrari. It would have been taken better by the fans, even more than the incident at Monza. I'm sure you'll agree on that.

Where did I ever say the F1 "curve of punishment" was right? If it is wrong - does it mean that it has to be due to conspiracy? Cant it be because there are almost always different stewards at different races? Cant it be because the FIA's regulations are not very clear?

You are not following me. I am not saying that the F1 is clean, bright and perfect. The "pinnacle" it is supposed to be. That all teams are given an equal treatment at all times. All I'm saying is that the conspiracy theory is very unlikely and more so led by one team, which is Ferrari. Things happen. Sometimes in favour of one team, sometimes in favour of another. I really dont think the FIA, or for this matter Bernie or CVC, can control the entire scene in such a way and for this long. These things, even when they do exist, never last so long.

manchild

Didn't mean to twist your words, sorry if you got such impression.

I think it is too late now... This talk has been going on for years and years. Media wrote about it, whole paddock is buzzing, Brundle said it, Lauda said it, JV said it, Wruz said it, Alonso said it... and now F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone said it - FIA & Ferrari are in deal.

No one backs up Ferrari and FIA. Not a single driver, not a single team. How can that be? Can it be that remaining 10 teams, their fans and F1 media are wrong since they pointing finger at Ferrari and FIA? If FIA was right about punishing Alonso and banning mass damper why didn't anyone support those moves by FIA? The only support for those moves FIA gets from Ferrari and vice-versa.

Conspiracy has become obvious, the dictatorship has become unbearable and revolution will happen. That's the problem with all dictators - they never know when to stop, greed is blinding them and eventually that leads to their fall.

FLC
FLC

You dont seem to even understand some of the things I say. Didnt Ferrari and Renault had a sort of understanding regardig the engine freeze? Werent they close in their opinion to that of the FIA? Didnt Red-Bull supported them here and there (even tho they are using their engines and there is a clear interest in that, so it is when the GPMA teams agree between them)? Didnt some of the driver supported MS even in his worst times?

I already told you what I think about those names you quote. Brundle, JV, Alonso and Lauda all have connections to Ferrari and MS in some sort of way. They are not objective.

Cant you say exactly the same things about the rest of the teams, with the sort of orgnisation they build up? Isnt that a sort of conspiracy? a counter one if you'd like? and why did they back up from it? Would you give up your best opportunity to break "F1's Berlin wall"?

I agree that a revolution will happen. Not because Ferrari and the FIA is in a conspiracy, but because the governing bodies of F1 has proven to be inefficient and lumpy.

mcdenife

FLC wrote:
The FIA isnt doing a very good job in terms of regulations and so on, but to go from there to a conspiracy of the size you're talking about is way too far.
Who knows whether there is a conspiracy or not. It doesnt really matter. The point is that things have happened that more and more people (fans) are beginning to think and question F1 as a sport. And you are probably in the minority if you have no suspicions or are not angered by recent events. It now appears recent events have polarized the sport much so that according to an editorial on Pitpass:
" this time the divide isn't limited to discussion boards and forums, where we are used to seeing fans venting their spleens, this time the talk is in the national newspapers, and in the paddock, where insiders, even at the highest level, are making no secret of their anger".
The "who did what to who, when why and how" debate/argument is irrelevant. i.e its irrelevant whether or not there is a conspiracy. What is relevant is that there is the perception that there is one.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

FLC
FLC

You are talking about a whole new dimention of this discussion. If you ask my opinion, than yes, it is a big problem that more and more people seem to think that there is something going on backstage. I also never said I dont have any suspicions. I just dont think they sum up to form the theory people are suggesting.

mcdenife

I just dont think they sum up to form the theory people are suggesting.
That there is something at all is bad enough.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.