Does alonso have a big MOUTH, you decide..

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

ImageMichael may be a cheater but I bet his cholesterol is lower.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

ketanpaul wrote:Had a person like Niki Lauda or Mansell said this, I wouldnt have had any problems but a 24 year old new kid on the block? Alonso f***k off :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Truth is truth whoever says it. He was new kid on the block up to Brasil GP 2005. Since than he is the youngest F1 champion who has right to comment his opponents and fallow drivers.
Jersey Tom wrote:Ok, MS did some sketchy stuff. So does everyone.
NO ONE except Schuey has done the things he did - 1994, 1997, Monaco 2006, Hungary 2006

Spencifer_Murphy

LMAO...end of the day these random people have thier oen opinions, and they are entiltled to them.

However a few things do stand out:
He is totally out of order; he should treat the best F1 driver of all time with the respect he deserves. If he some how feels he is better, I can't see him winning another title. He is a good driver and was in the best car hence last years win. However this year his car only narrowly has an advantage and the best driver is putting in performances that make Alonso look like a back marker.
Phil
Shrewsbury
Should treat the best with the respect that he deserves? What we are meant to bend over backwards because he's an extremely talented driver? The best bit though is this:
He is a good driver and was in the best car hence last years win. However this year his car only narrowly has an advantage and the best driver is putting in performances that make Alonso look like a back marker.
And Schumi has never had the best car? Alonso looking like a Backmarker?...what and still be 2points ahead with 3 races too go after 8races since Ferrari found the upper hand! lmao, that has got to be the most narrowminded piece of BS i've read in a long time.

Untill I read this:
Why didn’t he make these comments in his debut year?
Because in his debut year he wasn't contesting for the title with 3 races to go when handed what he though was an unfair penalty...THATS WHY. LMAO!!!!
Renault has allowed Schumacher and Ferrari to demonstrate that they are the class of the field by fighting back from such a disadvantage
SUCH a disadvantage. Granted theyve had a disadvantage, but Schumi has never looked worse this season than Alonso has done in recet races. Its not like Schumi started this year unable to score points as badly as in 2005 now is it?

And finally somebody who has some sort of unbiased opinion.
Having said that, calling Michael as the most unsportsmanlike driver in the history is totally uncalled for. Surely some of his action and intention is questionable, but, nobody is an angel.
I agree that calling Schumi what he did was unnessecary, but also I agree its stupid to behave like Michael has never done anything wrong.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

manchild

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/formulaone/ ... 05,00.html

David Coulthard: - "If I do a quick scan of my memory I don't recall him ever coming out and admitting he did anything wrong even when the stewards had penalised him. That's either a strong inner belief on his part even when the evidence of the governing body suggests he's done something wrong, or it's a strategy in sport on his part not to show a weakness. I've yet to see him apologise for anything that may have been deemed unsporting."

boban-mk

I was a big fan of Coulthard once. But I quit on him at once when he did the most stupid move in last decade.
Hi should be the last man to talk about Schumacher.

Tom

Which most stupid move? I can't think of DC making a single mistake reacently and when he's doing well he's on fire. Addmittedly he has a tendancy to settle into a groove in the middle of the pack but when he's near the front you can't stop him. In my opinion he is one of the best round the first corner too.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

pRo

boban-mk wrote:most stupid move in last decade.
Tom wrote:Which most stupid move?
He must refer to '98 Spa?
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

vyselegend

boban-mk wrote:I was a big fan of Coulthard once. But I quit on him at once when he did the most stupid move in last decade.
The most stupid move of the last decade... Huh? Parking a car in the middle of the racetrack in a shamfull attempt to block competitors certainly was, but I don't remember DC being involved in this at all... :?

Spa 98'? It was a racing accident, DC slowed down off the racing line to let MS pass, but visibility was so poor that MS didn't see that and went to Overtake out the line also, resulting in a crash. It's not like DC was responsible of the rain impeding visibility!

Vasco

Please were waiting for you to shed some light on the "stupid move" u refer to.

Ciro Pabón

Vasco wrote:Please were waiting for you to shed some light on the "stupid move" u refer to.
It is not like we want to "tar and feather" you, but... :lol:
Ciro

Tom

Unless you mean the first corner accident at Spa 98, DC admitted that it was his fault after he got a little close trying to overtake Irvine who nudged into the back of him and sent him spinning across the track...collecting the entire field in the process.

Not bad driving, it could have happened to anyone.

West

Just goes to show you how some fans are...

Let's say that people like Ferraris in general. Now they hear that Ferrari is in F1. Now those people say, "oh Ferrari is in F1, since they make the best cars, they probably are top-of-the-line F1 team." I'll make another assumption here that Ferrari is godlike and anything "blasphemous" said about them demands blind, outrageous, and misinformed statements. Kinda like what's happening in the Middle East over the Pope's comments, and "those" cartoons :roll:

Anyway, I bet you there are a huge number of people like this. I used to be this type of fan: I didn't know anything about F1, but I knew I liked Ferraris, so whenever something went against Ferrari (penalties or victories) I would say "WTF this shouldn't happen." I remember laughing at Hakkinen in 2001 because Ferrari was owning McLaren at that point.

Then I saw Austria 2002... not the race but the ending... and have since never looked at them in the same positive spotlight.

I bet you those opinions stated earlier come from those same types of people - only know Ferrari wins w/ Schumacher. Ask them about the contraversial moves of 94, 97, and 02, and they probably will give you some excuse (or know nothing about them). Even in Monaco... did you see MS effing face? He already knew he was caught.

I know there's a lot of Ferrari fans out there, but maybe only one or two people can SEE both sides of an issue. Even if they don't agree with the non-tifosi, they recognize different sides. The rest pretty much share that "Ferrari is God" mentality.

They wouldn't be fans of Ferrari if Alesi was still driving for them...
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

boban-mk

vyselegend wrote:
boban-mk wrote:I was a big fan of Coulthard once. But I quit on him at once when he did the most stupid move in last decade.
The most stupid move of the last decade... Huh? Parking a car in the middle of the racetrack in a shamfull attempt to block competitors certainly was, but I don't remember DC being involved in this at all... :?

Spa 98'? It was a racing accident, DC slowed down off the racing line to let MS pass, but visibility was so poor that MS didn't see that and went to Overtake out the line also, resulting in a crash. It's not like DC was responsible of the rain impeding visibility!
Yes I meant on that move. I thought it was obvious. I can put also his accident in warming lap on third place.
Sorry for delay.

Spencifer_Murphy

The accident at Spa 98 (in fact both of them) were racing accidents pure & simple. Schumacher may have claimed that DC tried to "f**king kill me" but we all know Michael's talking from pure emotion there.

We all seen the video, DC slowed yes, but off the racing line, like most people do. MS f**ked up, face it, there's a slow car off the racing line and because of the poor visibilty he hits it.

Nobody's fault, but MS. And tbh I'd be hard pressed to point blame at Michael...its a racing accident.

Hardly as stupid as Monaco 2006, Jerez 1997, Adelaide 1994... :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

joseff

We're drifting more and more offtopic here, but I'll agree that DC made the dumbest F1 mistake of the last decade, but...

It was in Adelaide 1995.