Does alonso have a big MOUTH, you decide..

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

what was that? how does it affect his driving 11 years later? OK, you could say the same about MS, how does Adelaide '94 affect him in 06? well, because he was still cheating in 06. As to my knowledge the stupidest thing DC has done reacently is, well, I can't thionk of anything. Did he block someone in quali or something?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

joseff

No, I don't think it has any latent effects. But seriously, how could you not remember THAT?

Anyone?

Tom

I would only have been 5 then, what happened?
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

boban-mk

Doesn't matter, this topic is about Alonso who by the way have a big mount :lol: . I just wantet to point that DC is a last driver that can talk about MS. Nothing more.

Tom

Joseff sent me this link.
Its probably just my biase towards Mika and DC but this report seems very harsh, anyone could have made these mistakes and the people who wrote it clearly don't race as they don't seem to understand the pressure drivers are under, anyway, read what you want into it.

saam

I agree that people are entitled to their own opinion and that but when it came from alonso at a time like this is pretty much uncalled for.

compare the likes of tiger woods, who has been a sportsman and has this to say about shumi
Golfing superstar Tiger Woods has said he rates Michael Schumacher as the best sportsman in the world – above both himself and tennis ace Roger Federer, who he cheered to another consummate US Open victory at Flushing Meadows last weekend.

Put on the spot at a press conference in the run-up to the World Match Play at Wentworth, Woods unhesitatingly named the soon-to-retire seven-time Formula 1 world champion as his number one.

“In my eyes, it has to be Michael Schumacher,” said the American.

“His consistency does it for me. He’s performed year in and year out in the most globally-watched sport.

“The pressure he has had to deal with is immense.

“It’s really phenomenal to see him succeed at the level he has done for so many years.”

Woods said a factor that distinguished Schumacher from himself and Federer was the nature of F1 as a team sport, with the additional variables that entails.

“It’s hard to separate yourself in any sport, but it’s so much easier to do in an individual sport,” he said.

“There’s nobody to rely on – if you play well as a individual, you are going to win.

“But what you are seeing with Roger, myself and Michael is that we have been consistent over the years.

“You have to bring your best each and every time you compete.”
All im saying is that when you have been in the game for a short period of time like alonso has and has this opinion on a guy like shumi, he has created an enormous hurdle for himself, which leaves him open to any criticism people may now have....
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

Tom

So how long has Mr Woods been 'in the game'?

He is clearly the greatest at golf, from the outside. I don't follow golf or even play it, but i've heart of Tiger Woods, he has won numerouse championships and is clearly highly successful, but as I said I don't follow golf so I don't know, he may have a dark past, he may have been caught cheating. I'm quite sure he doesn't, he appears to be a master of his sport and I'm sure he is, but thats the view from the outside.

From the outside MS is most successful, he has again won numerouse championships and is clearly highly successful, but he has a dark past and has been caught cheating, that is not so publicly known though. Someone from the outside, like Woods, and even you and I, who have never driven an F1 machine would surely not be allowed to comment on him according to your logic, after all, we're not in the game, yet Alonso, who has driven F1 machines for many years now, has and clearly is still in the game, cannot comment either? why's that?

How can Woods say MS is the greatest despite never driving an F1 car, yet Alonso, a world champion say something against him and be rendered as inexperienced and not fit to comment? Typically biased opinion saam, and no doubt you think the same of my reply.

mini696

Tom wrote:I would only have been 5 then, what happened?
I think thats when he crashed into the pit entry wall while he was in the lead. I think he meant 1995.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YycujP8N2sg

There is incar footage too, but I cant find it.

West

Tom wrote:So how long has Mr Woods been 'in the game'?

He is clearly the greatest at golf, from the outside. I don't follow golf or even play it, but i've heart of Tiger Woods, he has won numerouse championships and is clearly highly successful, but as I said I don't follow golf so I don't know, he may have a dark past, he may have been caught cheating. I'm quite sure he doesn't, he appears to be a master of his sport and I'm sure he is, but thats the view from the outside.

From the outside MS is most successful, he has again won numerouse championships and is clearly highly successful, but he has a dark past and has been caught cheating, that is not so publicly known though. Someone from the outside, like Woods, and even you and I, who have never driven an F1 machine would surely not be allowed to comment on him according to your logic, after all, we're not in the game, yet Alonso, who has driven F1 machines for many years now, has and clearly is still in the game, cannot comment either? why's that?

How can Woods say MS is the greatest despite never driving an F1 car, yet Alonso, a world champion say something against him and be rendered as inexperienced and not fit to comment? Typically biased opinion saam, and no doubt you think the same of my reply.
Expect a non- (or unconvincing) response...

I was going to say the same thing: does Tiger Woods even know what Michael did in the past?
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

icef1mkd

I disagree with boban-mk about the case from Nurburgring last year. I remember the situation very well, Renault struggled after Imola and Nurburgring traditionally dosen't suit them. But they were suprisingly quick and at the end put a pressure on Kimi who braked way too hard approaching Veedol Schikane and flatspotted his front left tyre. That led to intense vibrations, Kimi still continued taking the risk, but to no avail.
Alonso on the press hailed the team effort and their unexpected good performance. And a one SHOULD be happy and cheer for that. I would!
So don't look just form someone's aspect...if you wanna build yourself into an expert.
Here the story: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx ... 4&PO=32994

Schumi reacted similary in Catalunya 2001 when Mika lost it in the final lap.
"You will never know the feeling of a driver
when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings
that cannot be understood."
Ayrton Senna, November 1988

boban-mk

Ivice, You probably think to much for this one, sorry for that. Behaviour of a driver about his race win starts from checked flag until the start of next race. Between those to moments there is much going on including how he celabraites his victory with Briatore and his ten statements in that period. You find (really hard) that statement that was only the official part of FIA press after the race, and by the way it is a translated story. That doesn't tell anything what all see, i mean not all just 93% of f1 viewers.

About Alonso we talked to much about, these last two three weeks and the one thing that I'm happy about it, is that some of hard guys here did see some truth about, and some of guys don't want to admit but the reallity showed with some videos, and the number of fans he has just showed the reallity.

Your nik will be really better if it was BigMouthF1mk. :wink:

icef1mkd

Hmmmm....being a newbie here and starting with cynism and offends...no good, indeed. right Tomba?
Look, you're a fan and I understand how it feels to lose a victory on the last lap. There's no discussion that KR was the moral winner. He's the one who flatspotted the tyre, so it's his own mistake, but he's a raw racer and a pit stop would have meant losing the lead cause Alonso was charging.
Alonso would normally hail his team efforts for extracting max performance afterwards...so I don't see anything wrong in his behaviour in the period after that race.

I believe my nick it's not your bussiness. I also believe we’re here to discuss, not to make ironic remarks of someone’s engagement on the forum or net browsing.
"You will never know the feeling of a driver
when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings
that cannot be understood."
Ayrton Senna, November 1988

Ciro Pabón

boban-mk wrote:.. some of hard guys here did see some truth about, and some of guys don't want to admit but the reallity showed with some videos, and the number of fans he has just showed the reallity.

Your nik will be really better if it was BigMouthF1mk. :wink:
I am not with the hard guys here, but let me quote some universal truths:

Universal Truth # 10: The truth is no one knows the truth.
Universal Truth # 2: The truth is always true even if none believes it to be
Universal Truth # 21: Love can hurt. But its always worth the pain.
Universal Truth # 27: Few things are as amazing as the amount of effort people will go to in order to annoy others

About the last one, you do not want to know what your nick means in spanish, but "boba" is not a smart word. Don't worry, I won't tell anybody :).
Ciro

boban-mk

For your information Boban is my real name. Ice is a nikname of Kimi. Icef1mkd is a fun of reno. I hope that is clear. It was a joke from me.

pRo

boban-mk wrote:About Alonso we talked to much about, these last two three weeks
Now that someone actually realized that...

Anyone else notice how german press seemed to be the only source for claiming that Fisichella had been partying with Schumi after the race, which seemed to lead into all of these "Alonso is mad at Fisi" articles?

Because conspiracies doesn't happen in real world, or so I've been told, I can only wonder who would get the most benefit from false claims turning all the attention to the other competitor of the title. Can't be that italian team with a german driver, who's known for the dirty tricks between the races on outside the track, cause that would just be a conspiracy, right? ;)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you