Alonso to drop 10 places?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djones

Alonso to drop 10 places?

Does Alonso have to drop 10 at the next race as his engine blew at Monza?

I'm still not fully up to speed with the engine rules :D

zenvision

no since it didnt happen during practice. since it happened in the race no engine penalty, a clear example of this is what button did early this season.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Sawtooth-spike

no, cus it happend durring the race. if he had got the end of the race he would have the penalty. But cus he did not cross the finsh line he is fine.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

djones

Shame.

Thanks!

pRo

djones wrote:Shame.
Don't worry about it, I'm sure FIA will come up with something. ;)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Mikey_s

Yup, I think I saw him walk past a Ferrari employee without taking his cap off, or bowing. I have submitted a formal protest and I expect a five slot penalty as a minimum.

(actually I have no idea whether he did anything of the sort, but that's what I'm telling the FIA anyhow - I don't think it will make a difference, he'll still get a penalty!)

Oh, and Flav was looking a bit scruffy during the last race weekend - I believe that is bringing the sport into disrepute and will also be submitting a protest about that - must be worth another 5 places!
Mike

saam

Ive an easy answer for all those people who love the FIA rules, dont watch F1.......

Alonso needs all the places he can get now....
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

mini696

saam wrote:Ive an easy answer for all those people who love the FIA rules, dont watch F1.
Why? Miss out on the SPORT I love?

The better option is not to support Ferrari, or their sponsers and hit them in the hip pocket. The problem is their pockets are VERY deep, and my measly 2cents wont make a difference.

Ah well, at least the racing is good.

pRo

saam wrote:Ive an easy answer for all those people who love the FIA rules, dont watch F1.......
Yes, we could all do that.

Just as well as you could stop reading these posts, cause you know there will be content that will offend you. ;)

That was a joke.

Don't take it seriously.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

saam

HAHA, since when do i get offended???

My motto is "bring it on", becasue we all have opinions, i only back mine up with facts... :lol:
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

m3_lover

Kimi and Alonso have not tested this week... I think it is because they are switching teams next year and there respected teams do not want to see the newest technical developments
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.