Spyker MF1 Respray

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Spyker MF1 Respray

Nice 8)

Spencifer_Murphy

Now that looks A LOT better than that bland livery before.

I was expecting something in Silver & Orange, but I thought it would come next year.

Looks a lot like Spyker's Le Mans car livery (when they ran the C8)
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

joseff

I, for one, welcome the return of the Orange Arrows team.

Tom

It looks good, still a little Mclaren perhaps though.

ImageAn LM Spyker
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

The LM Team is called Spyker Squadron.
They should use this name for the F1 team too. Sounds much better. I think there is a restriction on team names in the rules though. :roll: Shame.
http://www.spykersquadron.com/
Last edited by monkeyboy1976 on 19 Sep 2006, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

Tom

How come Spykers are never shown on Top Gear or anything, then again the presenters wouldn't have heard of a real race car.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Dunno. Maybe it's because Koenigseggeggegg are in competition with Spyker. Top Gear have a thing for Koenigseggeggegg.
You do notice sometimes that Top Gear doesn't seem to cover all car makers. Depends on what deals have been done I suppose. :wink:

Although, the C8 has been track tested. Came 35th in the Stig lap time table
http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2 ... s/thestig/

I can remember stumbling across the Spyker stand about 5 years ago at the British Motorshow. Usual thing. Upstart company that have only a show car/prototype looking for orders so they can continue development and start building them. Seems like they did well. Always good to see new car companies. The name has a long history going back to 1898 mind.

tomislavp4

monkeyboy, do you have something against koenigsegg???

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Blimey. No.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Geez, I'm sure glad "Midland" is no more. It was an embarassment, with the owner having no idea of what to do, resulting in a horrible racing record, and a bland paint job.
It's ironic that the Midland sometimes was mistaken as a Mclaren, and that Mclaren showed an orange colored car in testing pre-season.
But I do like the appearance, it's an appealing paint scheme.

Sawtooth-spike

Tom wrote:How come Spykers are never shown on Top Gear or anything, then again the presenters wouldn't have heard of a real race car.
They have had a Spyker on Top gear, infact i think they have had 2. I know cos they explained that they used to make planes.

I think they look really good. ITs a very nice (none Red and White) Livery!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Alexis
Alexis

That livery is a lot better than what they have now. :D

I saw a Spyker C8 at zolder once here in Belgium. I have to say it's a remarkable car. The interior is very special. The steering wheel has 4 propelor blades as spokes and everything seems to be in aluminium with red carpets. Nice V8 sound too. :twisted:
Show that you're a loser with a lot of money who can't get a racing license, drive the Gumball 3000...

Surry fer mai bed Hinglish

Tom

DaveKillens wrote:
Geez, I'm sure glad "Midland" is no more. It was an embarassment, with the owner having no idea of what to do, resulting in a horrible racing record, and a bland paint job.
It's ironic that the Midland sometimes was mistaken as a Mclaren, and that Mclaren showed an orange colored car in testing pre-season.
But I do like the appearance, it's an appealing paint scheme.

I disagree, just for fun. I always liked Midlands, they tried hard and didn't do badly, their paintjob was good too imo. Also Midland came out with their paintjob before Mclaren introduced that garish pile of, anyway it was coincidence, not irony.

I'm glad Spyker broke into F1, we don't see enough of the dutch anymore, not after Jos and since Zandvoort, though I hate it so, is off the calender it would surprise many people the huge F1 following in Holland.

As I mentioned earlier, Spyker were making 4WDs in 1902!

fwa2500

very hot 8) i think i will have to get both the MF1 livery and the Spyker livery when i buy the 2006 grid as 1:43 scale models....
---------------
compare the new with the old:

before:

after:

big improvement :D

high res versions of the photo shoot for anyone thats interested: click here

scarbs
scarbs

Spyker have been around for quite a few years, they are a failrly impressive operation, getting the Audi engines, british hand made chassis and a serious racing programme. This was all started by Victor Muller (my ex boss...!) a real rich man with a serious personal car collection.
Any one who actually puts money into Jordan\Midland is good with me, to many owners buy the team and forget the development budget.
They have been on Topgear, but not often or recently.

Scarbs