Ferrari on secret test

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

Seriously, I wanted to make a practical joke but than I gave up having in mind that it wouldn't be fair. That's why I've only shared that fake pic to some of the forum members who are not mad about Ferrari without wanting it to reach public. I should have known that at least one of them won't be able to keep it a secret ](*,)

Tom

sorry, didn't realise :oops: :oops: :oops:
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

Its ok, no worries :wink:

Ciro Pabón

And 100 points for the eagle eyes of DarkSnape. I am still not able to see the logo marked with a "2"! These people at Hogwarts... :wink:
Ciro

FLC
FLC

Here is a real one for you:

The aerodynamic hanges are pretty noticeable. There are also reports about them using the seamless gearbox, but I dont know how serious they are.

Saribro
Saribro

FLC wrote:There are also reports about them using the seamless gearbox, but I dont know how serious they are.
Meaning ?
Knowing that CVT is not allowed, are we talking something similar to DSG as found in consumer cars ? (While 1 gear is active, the one above and the one below are "pre-loaded")

JimmyK
JimmyK

Nah, it'd just be smth like Williams' (or several others') Seamless Shift Gearboxes that aren't actually seamless, just very very quick.

mini696

LOL Manchild. I like your style. You totally made my day with this.

Saribro
Saribro

Is that a new appendage on the front of the sidepods btw ? Seems a more minimalistic, Renault-style solution, instead of those huge ones on the Hondas for example.

DarkSnape

thanks piro :)

bhall
bhall

Saribro wrote:Is that a new appendage on the front of the sidepods btw ? Seems a more minimalistic, Renault-style solution, instead of those huge ones on the Hondas for example.
Here's a picture from a different angle that shows the new parts a little better. Ferrari also seem to have ditched the second, lower element of the flip-ups ahead of the rear wheels, and have made some minor modifications to the rear wing.

allan
allan

michael's car had still have those flip-ups, but the pic above is for gene's car i think :roll: