Jackie Stewart and Mosley speak up (differently)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Venom
Venom

If Alonso didn't brake early, how come he managed to take that chicane easy and with crap racing line?
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Tp
Tp

This is the guy that calls Schumi unsporting. :lol:

I'm surprised by what you said Manchild, I got the impression you're not hypocritical and were totally against this sort of behaviour.
boban-mk wrote:Did you watch carefully. First he breaks, almost stops, then watch carfully last second of video. After MS pass him he step on the gass immediately.

That's a good point, again it emphasizes that it was deliberate. The pit lane entrance was just in front of him, why did he slow down so much? I can understand why Schumi overtook them, after being told about the red flag, near the start of the lap he slowed down, 2nd last corner a queue of cars are almost stationary in front of the pit lane entrance, Schumi overtakes to enter pit lane and is penalised.

Don't get me wrong I think Schumi should of the penalised, rules are rules. But what Alonso did was again unsporting.

Another thing, notice when Alonso was (rightly) penalised he was shouting and crying, when Schumacher was penalised he said 'Just watch the video of the incident and see what you think.' Again more evidence of Alonso's unprofessionalism.

pRo

Tp wrote:Another thing, notice when Alonso was (rightly) penalised he was shouting and crying, when Schumacher was penalised he said 'Just watch the video of the incident and see what you think.' Again more evidence of Alonso's unprofessionalism.
:lol:

Yes. F1 drivers too have feelings.

Was Hakkinen unprofessional when he cried after he drove out in Monza/Imola?

Was Schumi unprofessional when he cried after beating Sennas qualifying record?

There has also been these crazy wild rumours, that other drivers have also raised their voice occasionally. Are they all unprofessional?
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Tp
Tp

Yes. F1 drivers too have feelings.

Was Hakkinen unprofessional when he cried after he drove out in Monza/Imola?

Was Schumi unprofessional when he cried after beating Sennas qualifying record?

There has also been these crazy wild rumours, that other drivers have also raised their voice occasionally. Are they all unprofessional?
:?

I never said that they shouldn't have feelings, I said that they shouldn't moan all the time, when something goes wrong for them. Do your talking on the track, not off it. He should keep it with the team and let them deal with the controversy, instead of mouthing off to the public about it.

manchild
manchild

Sorry Tom, I didn't have you in mind when I was replying, your post was just above mine. I'm aware that you're DC fan and that mentioned situation was hard to bare...

Regarding other comments... I still think that it is ridiculous to make an issue of something that wasn't an issue when it happened.

Alonso had pure career until it seamed that he'll easily win 2006 WDC and than simultaneously with unfair FIA punishments Schuey fans started making up Alonso's bad reputation out of nothing.

According to them, Alonso likes to brakes to much in order to risk being slammed from behind because he doesn't like to finish races. During 2005 and 2006 Schumacher caused at least 6 SIX collisions (Webber, Montoya, Albers, Heidfeld, Fisichella, Heidfeld) and none of them mentions that while Alonso's 0 ZERO collisions are issue for discussion because "there was a possibility".

Please name me the penalties Schuey faced for those 6 collisions and if there were none (and there were none) than why should Alonso be penlised for "possibility for an collision" if Schuey isn't punished for 6 collisions including big crashes that lead to yellow flags and sometimes SC?

I’m not saying that he is a saint but since he’s being criticized and compared with Schuey that sounds like talk about some pickpocket without mentioning godfather especially by those who idolize that godfather - it’s hypocrite.

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote: During 2005 and 2006 Schumacher caused at least 6 SIX collisions (Webber, Montoya, Albers, Heidfeld, Fisichella, Heidfeld) and none of them mentions that while Alonso's 0 ZERO collisions are issue for discussion because "there was a possibility".

Please name me the penalties Schuey faced for those 6 collisions and if there were none (and there were none) than why should Alonso be penlised for "possibility for an collision" if Schuey isn't punished for 6 collisions including big crashes that lead to yellow flags and sometimes SC?

What a joke!!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Venom
Venom

It's impressive how MSC can influence so intelligent people and make them argue about something he don't give a sh** about.

MSC for ever!

I don't even like him...
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Spencifer_Murphy

I'd hardly call the doornbos incident a "dangerous brake test", I'm NOT saying what Alonso did was right, nor am I saying that two wrongsmake a right (Doorbos was being a moron on the pit straight holding up Alonso) BUT all Alonso dod was brake for LONGER into the corner, he did NOT brake harder (from what I can see) nor did he (seem to) brake earlier. Just braked for longer and got on the power later.

With regrds the DC incident, Max Mosley's favourite cover story of "we have the data and you don't" which he used against Alonso at Monza can be used for Alonso, as at the Nurburgring, after the race I remember watching a video clip of Renault's Pat Symonds explaining how they had proved to the FIA that Alonso did not brake test DC as Alonso braked in almost the exact same place on all previous laps, DC missed his braking point was the only explaination possible after that was proved.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

boban-mk

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:I'd hardly call the doornbos incident a "dangerous brake test", I'm NOT saying what Alonso did was right, nor am I saying that two wrongsmake a right (Doorbos was being a moron on the pit straight holding up Alonso) BUT all Alonso dod was brake for LONGER into the corner, he did NOT brake harder (from what I can see) nor did he (seem to) brake earlier. Just braked for longer and got on the power later.
You are obvously uninformed so don't bother us with your story. Alonso was not punished about his braking. First get all informations and than talk and explain to all of blind people you can find. Other ones, not a chance.

I'm glad that some people finally see the reality, because one thing is opinion and completly different is video proof.

Steven
Owner

boban-mk wrote:
Spencifer_Murphy wrote:...
You are obvously uninformed so don't bother us with your story. Alonso was not punished about his braking. First get all informations and than talk and explain to all of blind people you can find. Other ones, not a chance.
Keep it cool ok? Doornbos and Alonso both agreed after the incident it was just racing and no penalty was justified. If Doorknobs agreed on that he must have been sure he did something that was a bit off too ;)

pRo

Scuderia_Russ wrote:What a joke!!
Typical Schumi fan. When you run out of facts to continue the conversation, just do this. :lol:
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Scuderia_Russ

pRo wrote:
Scuderia_Russ wrote:What a joke!!
Typical Schumi fan. When you run out of facts to continue the conversation, just do this. :lol:
I was answering a quote of opinion that doesn't deserve to have any facts attributed to it because it is so ill informed.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-