China 2006 & Ferrari engine issue

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It's like watching your mother on heroin. You have an eternal love, but you hate what's happening in front of your eyes.

zenvision

Tom wrote:I have always liked Ferrari for their heritage though, and I hope they do well with Kimi, although i don't know how well he will stand up to the media pressure, he always seems so shy.
To be honest, I much prefer Kimi's attitude towards the media than say, Alonso. He surely doesnt let pressure affect him, let alone media pressure. I clearly remember in 03 when he had a chance for the title and it seemed that he was racing for decades unlike Schumi that weekend where he had one of his worse races. ALso when Montoya joined, he just kept his composure although he clearly deserved at least a talk with Ron before the deal, but he always lets races do the talking and mighty god he's good at that. I think that he just needs to learn a few italian words during winter like "ciao" and "grazie" and I'm sure he'll win over the demanding tifosi soon.

On another note, Davidson seem to be heading towards a race drive he toroughly deserves :D maybe he'll replace rubens in due course.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Scuderia_Russ

emburmak wrote:
Lightspeed wrote:manchild, get over your childish rants.

Anybody who thinks the FIA are partial to any specific team and still watches F1 is a moron for sure.

It makes you wonder why he keeps watching such a tarnished sport. 8)
Some people love a good whinge! :wink:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Ciro Pabón

boban-mk wrote:In fact last year Montoya have many engine problems('oficially throtle, gear shifting, etc'). This year Pedro has two failures, kimi had only this one. :wink:
Well, I am not a fan of "Spy-vs-spy threads".

Anyway, I am not sure, boban-mk, but now that you raise the point, perhaps you have the figures. I had the impression that Montoya had way less engine failures than Raikkonen in 2005. I mean, blown engines instead of gear-shifting problems, a different proposition. You tell me.

I need hard data to change my view: in my confused state of mind I am already identifying the Jhonnie Walker logo with the image of Kimi walking to the pits... :lol:

Montoya is one of these guys with top-5-position every time he did not break the car, so he pushed as hard. Anyway, you are probably right, as I remember looking at Autosport's head-to-head comparison months ago and finding they have really similar figures of DNF in their entire career. Montoya had way better poles, but the other figures were astonishingly similar.

However, do you know the data for 2005?
Ciro

manchild
manchild

DaveKillens wrote:It's like watching your mother on heroin. You have an eternal love, but you hate what's happening in front of your eyes.
Indeed. Its like watching news - almost nothing but bad things but you have to keep up hoping that it will end one day.

If Ferrari and Schumacher win titles in 2006 that will be disaster to F1 and if Alonso wins that will be great success because he didn't fought just his rivals but also the governing body of F1. Ferrari and Schuey fought no one - when things weren't devloping their way Mosley jumped in to help them.
Lightspeed wrote:Anybody who thinks the FIA are partial to any specific team and still watches F1 is a moron for sure.
Bernie Ecclestone wrote:Ferrari is the only team that gets political support from the FIA

Venom
Venom

Ofcourse, and don't have any doubts that Mosley secretly didn't pay extreme amounts of money to Renault mechanic that was reponsible for Alonso's second pit stop cock-up at Chinese GP.

I mean, it's so obvious, innit? :D
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

manchild
manchild

Venom wrote:Ofcourse, and don't have any doubts that Mosley secretly didn't pay extreme amounts of money to Renault mechanic that was reponsible for Alonso's second pit stop cock-up at Chinese GP.

I mean, it's so obvious, innit? :D
No, it was Bernie who paid the mechanic - he makes huge profit now since title will be decided on last race of the season :wink:

BTW, does anyone has idea how much money mechanics make and most of all was it the same Renault mechanic that screwed up (badly) in Hungary?

pRo

Ciro Pabón wrote:However, do you know the data for 2005?
Australia: MON 6th RAI 8th
Malaysia: MON 4th RAI 9th
Bahrain: RAI 3rd, DLR 5th
San Marino: WUR 3rd, RAI DNF
Spain: RAI 1st, MON 7th
Monaco: RAI 1st, MON 5th
Europe: MON 7th, RAI 11th(DNF)
Canada: RAI 1st, MON DQ (run red lights exiting pits, might've been 2nd)
USA: RAI DNF, MON DNF (all Michelin cars DNF)
France: RAI 2nd, MON DNF
Britain: MON 1st, RAI 3rd
Germany: MON 2nd, RAI DNF
Hungary: RAI 1st, MON DNF
Turkey: RAI 1st, MON 3rd
Italy: MON 1st, RAI 4th
Belgium: RAI 1st, MON 14th(DNF)
Brazil: MON 1st, RAI 2nd
Japan: RAI 1st, MON DNF
China: RAI 2nd, MON DNF

Kimi DNF 4 times, Montoya DNF 6 times + 1 DQ.

These are just the final results though, not saying which was a technical issue and which was a driver issue. 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you