No chinese f1 fans?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ketanpaul

No chinese f1 fans?

A journalist contact at the Shanghai International Circuit this weekend suggested that an imbalance was in play on Friday -- a packed media centre, but barely a Chinese soul in the grandstands.

The increased press attention this weekend is understandable, given the now two-point gap between championship protagonists Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso.

The spectator deficit, meanwhile, is explained by Shanghai locals' inability to afford entry to the mega facility.
How much does it cost anyway? :lol: :lol: :lol:

m3_lover

The Ferrari veteran announced his retirement at Monza on September 10, and since that day, the Shanghai box office has sold a record 3,000 tickets per day, which is a fifty per cent increase over normal levels, according to race organisers and the local China Daily newspaper.

Formula 1 in China has an unusual problem, according to reports in the China Daily newspaper. People in China want to see the Formula 1 racing but the tickets are so expensive that they cannot afford to buy them. In order to avoid having empty grandstands the circuit has taken to giving away a lot of free tickets in order to ensure that the grandstands are full so that advertisers are happy and the race has the right image.

The problem with this idea is that the free tickets are then being sold on the black market at a cheaper price than the official tickets.

According to the newspaper last year the Chinese racing magazine Formula One Race polled 100 spectators and discovered that 98 of them had bought black market tickets. Only two people had paid the full ticket office.

"We must take serious action against it, or the Formula 1 race will be greatly impaired," says Yu Zhifei, general manager of the Shanghai International Circuit Co Ltd. "It has become a matter of to be or not to be for the race in China."
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada where we enjoy a large population of people from China, many recent immigrants. Through personal conversations and observations I can definitely state that many are avid gearheads, and racing fans. I guess the ecomonic conditions in China make it tough for the average citizen to be able to afford a weekend attending a GP. It's a shame, because they all deserve a decent chance.

Ciro Pabón

Excuse me, I don't get it. You mean they gave away, I do not know, 50% of the tickets and then charge high prices on the remaining 50% they sell? What? :?

Why don't the circuit slashs 50% off the price to begin with?
Ciro

Heikkirocks
Heikkirocks

What's the equivelent to th British GP? if a grandstand ticket is roughly one weeks pay for me how does the Cgp equate to average joe in China? any one know?

Tommy_Fei
Tommy_Fei

Hello everyone,I am a Chinese F1 fan!

What do you think of China GP? Today's rain is very exciting,but Michael did not very well! I hope he can get the 1st tomorrow!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Ho Tommy, it's my pleasure to meet you. The rain sure messed up Ferrari's chances and momentum. Now that both renaults start from the front, it gives Alonso a very good chance at opening up the points gap.
I was trying to get a decent weather forecast for the race, can you help me please, if you can?

West
West

Heikkirocks wrote:What's the equivelent to th British GP? if a grandstand ticket is roughly one weeks pay for me how does the Cgp equate to average joe in China? any one know?
I heard the average a person (or family) makes a year is good enough for one ticket.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Ciro Pabón

No rain forecasted. Schumi will win and the fourth rider of the apocalypse will be released.

http://weather.edition.cnn.com/weather/ ... cCode=ZSSS

China and United Kingdom GNP per capita in 2004: U$ 1290 and U$ 33.940. You should roughly multiply by 30. FYI, Colombia, U$ 2.000.

Are you being condescendent or is it that your Google bar crashed and you are unable to find the GNP of a country in Internet? :evil:
Ciro