Simple twist of fate

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gcdugas

Simple twist of fate

It was at Indy 2005 and Monaco 2005 where Michael passed Rubens in a "memorable" way that caused Rubens to leave his Ferrari contract early. What hath fate wrought?

Lets see if Michael tries any of those passes on Rubens now! I think not! Rubens might just have the widest car out there... except for Fisi's car. Lets see!

On top of that, Rubens had a fontune cookie that read..... "A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn." --- Hmmm.....
Innovation over refinement is the prefered path to performance. -- Get rid of the dopey regs in F1

manchild

Fisi has narrowes car in history of F1 :roll:

Ciro Pabón

Not today. If Renault's pits hadn't messed up magnificently, he could have put Alonso on a shooting opportunity.

For me, Fisichella drives in the same team that a lucky genius. I wouldn't do it better. I also doubt very much that any other pilot on the grid would look better than Giancarlo, side by side with Alonso and Schumacher.
Ciro

Rob W

manchild wrote:Fisi has narrowes car in history of F1 :roll:
Ha ha.. I can't believe he didn't just hold his line on that corner... he turned out even to give Michael room... I would have been certain, in his shoes, that it would be better to have a little coming together than let him past so easily.

The thing about the race I was impressed with though, was Alonso's pace in the wet AND dry. He was lapping so darn quick near the end.

Rob W

Saribro

Rob W wrote:Ha ha.. I can't believe he didn't just hold his line on that corner... he turned out even to give Michael room...
It's probably because he -couldn't- ? :) Everyone had it difficult on turn 1, add to that a new, cold set of tires, and dry tyres to boot. If he had stayed inside he would've had to go so slow to stay there, that Michael just would've went around on the outside anyway.

m3_lover

A good example was Kubica when he put on the drys.. he massively stuggled on that first turn like Fisi... I still believed that Fisi did a good job.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

pRo

Saribro wrote:
Rob W wrote:Ha ha.. I can't believe he didn't just hold his line on that corner... he turned out even to give Michael room...
It's probably because he -couldn't- ? :) Everyone had it difficult on turn 1, add to that a new, cold set of tires, and dry tyres to boot. If he had stayed inside he would've had to go so slow to stay there, that Michael just would've went around on the outside anyway.
Rob, did you see the race? I mean a lap before Fisi went off the line?

"Ha ha.. I can't believe Schumi didn't just hold his line on that corner..." :lol: If he did, Fisi might not have had a line to hold on that corner in the first place.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you