Albers to Ferrari?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ketanpaul

Albers to Ferrari?

Spyker's 2007 race driver Christijan Albers could next year test for Ferrari, it has emerged.

Written into the Silverstone based team's new formula one engine contract with Ferrari, negotiated by Michiel Mol and Jean Todt, is a clause allowing Spyker drivers to test for the Italian squad.

Albers' manager Lodewijk Varossieau confirmed the story.

''Perhaps this is the only way that I can demonstrate how fast I really am,'' 27-year-old Dutchman Albers was quoted as saying by Formule 1 RaceReport magazine.

He added: ''I hope I can run at the same time as (Felipe) Massa so I can show that I have exactly the same speed.''
Well........thats interesting :lol: :lol: :lol:

Principessa

Well if he gets the chance to test with Ferrari, he can show what he's worth, but I think it's idiotic of Albers to say that he has the same pace/speed than Massa if he never had the chance before to prove that. First I would like to see that and than I will believe that mr. Albers!

It will be a great opportunity tough, for Albers to be able to test in a Ferrari! :wink:

ketanpaul

but the thing is that he has been confirmed at Spyker...............doesnt make sense

wazojugs

may explain why they are getting ferrari engines next year

zenvision

quite a bit cocky from Albers, but I couldn't expect anything else from him to be honest. look at how he messed with heidfeld race today. he just needs to smell the coffee very soon if he's to improve as a driver.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Principessa

ketanpaul wrote:but the thing is that he has been confirmed at Spyker...............doesnt make sense
It does! It would be a one time test! To test with the engine! It's not like Albers will become test driver at Ferrari all of a sudden. As Spyker will have Ferrari power, Albers 'MIGHT' get the chance to test the Ferrari car!

DaveKillens

I can see that happening, drivers testing on different teams. But if Albers drives a Ferrari, then the reciprocal can be expected, an official Ferrari test driver or racer testing a Spyker.
With the expected engine freeze, Ferrari stands a lot to gain by having as many engines as possible. Just like tires, the more data you gather, the better. It seems a lot of teams are getting other teams using their engines. Ferrari, Toyota, and Renault all have other teams poised to run their engines in '07.