Alonso accuses Renault???!?!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1.redbaron

Pesonally, I don't buy it!

WCC means a lot for any team. Just remember China '05, when Renault had brought out the E-spec engine, which gave both FA & GF extra revs and more power, and was designed to last only that one race. They care about every single point!

I think that, if true, they are just the complaints of a man who is beginning to act more and more like a baby.

Here is a full story:

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Pag ... 27,00.html

BTW, I need some clarification. In case of FA winning the WDC, what are the numbers which will be carried by McLaren (1 & 2)? Also, in case MS wins the WDC, what number will Massa get (I'm assuming that Massa will end up with more points, but I can't see him getting #1). So,what will it be? Zero?

Thanks

bhall
bhall

f1.redbaron wrote:BTW, I need some clarification. In case of FA winning the WDC, what are the numbers which will be carried by McLaren (1 & 2)? Also, in case MS wins the WDC, what number will Massa get (I'm assuming that Massa will end up with more points, but I can't see him getting #1). So,what will it be? Zero?

Thanks
If Alonso wins, he will be #1 at McLaren and whoever his teammate is will be #2. If Schu wins, Ferrari will be assigned #0 and #2. It's up to Ferrari to decide what numbers Raikkonen and Massa get.

joselu43
joselu43

Fernando is a truly great driver but pressure is finally getting to him. He is always inch perfect and rarely makes mistakes. But he is making them lately. He has admitted that the reason for changing his front tyres was excesive wear on his left front. Neither Fisi nor Schumacher had as much wear, so he has to take his part of the blame for that. Great drivers thoughout time have been known for taking care of the their tires. More importantly, it serves no practical purpose to run your mouth like that. He has been doing it -with or without reason - for most of the season now. If you ask Frank Williams he will tell you that the constructors championship is more important to him than the drivers, and I bet he is not the only principal that thinks that way. I am sure Renault wants both titles not matter how Flavio feels, I doubt they would allow him to sabotage Alonso. Alonso needs to stop blaming everybody and their mother for what is happening. I cannot recall a time when F1 was fair, apolitical and clean. It comes with the territory. He should concentrate on driving and on rallying everybody around him. He has an excellent chance of winning this thing yet, one that he he may not have again in a long, long time. Go Fernado!

Jl

emburmak
emburmak

I trully am disspointed with FA. He has been lashing out at literally everybody running his mouth unwisely. Nothing demotivates a team than what he is currently accusing his team. Every year for FA will not be the smooth sailing of 2005. He will lose some and hopefully win some. The mark of a great champion is the dignity and maturity they handle up and down situations. Sadly of late FA has shown to lacking in these qualities. 8)

Principessa

I read today that he's also accusing Fisichella! In one point he's right: Massa would never let Alonso pass if it was the other way around!

pRo

I wonder what he really said. :roll:

Journalist: "Do you think team should've forbidden Fisi from overtaking you?"
Alonso: "No, they can't do that as team orders aren't allowed."
Journalist: "Did you want Fisi to block Schumi for longer?"
Alonso: "Well, yes, it would've made things easier for me."

Headline: "Alonso blames Fisi and Renault!!!"

:lol:
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

FLC
FLC

If Alonso really said those things about Renault and Fisichella than I agree that he's made a big mistake. Nobody would've changed his tyres if he didnt approve and besides, Fisi was driving the same car/tyres and didnt encounter a problem as big, if at all.

I must say, though, that I find it quite intriguing that some people here dont believe a story thats been on well-known and trusted sites (such as Planet-F1, F1-Live, etc), but when something like this was published only on the dubious Bild (Ferrari-FIA connection), it was rather easy for them to believe it. Why? because it was easy for them to believe it then, it fit their line of thought. But now it is their favourite team/driver that's under the questionable spot-light.

Further more, I recommend you take a look here:
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=29559

boban-mk

I'm far from fan of Alonso, but i think he is right this time. Maybe for people that are not fans of MS or Ferari this is weird because we are not accustomed of one driver support. When a driver is fighting for Championship everyone in the team should work for that goal.
I'm happy that Kimi goes to Ferrari. They are the team that pick a driver from the start of season and give every posible help to make him champion.
Maybe he shouldn't talk about these problems in public but maybe it's better this way. He point a finger not just for Reno but also in McLaren also because he want the McLaren's is changed for next season and he should be a single driver and second one will play a support role.

pRo

FLC wrote:I must say, though, that I find it quite intriguing that some people here dont believe a story thats been on well-known and trusted sites
So? It only takes one source these days to get a story into many "trusted" sites. Like the Kimi's drunk driving a while ago. It's very hard to say what's true and what's not and surely the number of articles on "trusted" sites isn't a meter for that.

Further more, I recommend you take a look here:
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=29559
Good article. Luckily it's "just" that, cause I wouldn't trust a site with Google ads as a sponsor. ;)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

mcdenife
mcdenife

FLC wrote:[/quote]I must say, though, that I find it quite intriguing that some people here dont believe a story thats been on well-known and trusted sites (such as Planet-F1, F1-Live, etc), but when something like this was published only on the dubious Bild (Ferrari-FIA connection),[quote]

The article also mentions something about some sites "relying on the same cut & paste reportage, the same spin, the same sensational headlines... but few facts." At least one of the "trusted sites" you mentioned is guilty of this and therefore no less dubious. IIRC didnt one of those "trusted sites" also report on the FIA-Ferrari thing? Despite the sensationalist nature of 'Alonso's accusation' have a check and see how many F1 sites actually picked up or reported it.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

I'm not so sure this story is limited... it seems to be coming from spanish press, and both f1-live and planetf1 are reporting it as well, albeit without attributing sources. So either the majority of F1 media believe it, or Ferrari and Renault are playing games.

The latter possibility is interesting, b/c Ferrari recently came out essentially saying "we're taking the gloves off" regarding Renault's apparent China 'tactics'. Seems odd timing given the mass damper ban, Monza's track resurfacing, and every time a Ferrari-powered car blocked for Schumi.

But it seems more likely that Alonso did rail on his team. it's still hard to believe, I thought both him and the team were more professional than that.

djones
djones

This is a funny quote from f1-live in their article about FA having a go at Fisi.

"Tomorrow we expect Alonso to hit out at global warming, which must also be responsible for the loss of the championship lead."

f1.redbaron

it's funny how things have turned around for Alonso. At this time last year, he was hailed as the king of F1, a the only man to beat Schumacher, etc. Now, probably given the fact that he was just too young when he won the WDC, and that there is so much pressure on him, it is obvious that that pressure is highliting this immaturity in him.

I remember back in '05 when he started accusing Fisichella of not helping him much in the WDC. From the moment I read this, I had my doubts about him. That is not to say that I don't think that he is a great driver...on the contrary he is one of the best, but I can't recall Michael every lashing out at his team or team-mate, or anybody else for that matter. All he would do is say that they (Ferrari...i.e. all of them together) have to do better...but he never singled anybody out.

Now, with his 25-pt lead that had slipped away, FA is panicking, and saying dumb things. MS, on the other hand (IMO) had won many hearts with the announcement of his retirement, while FA, with his stupid comments had forced some of his fans to turn in on him. Result...look at the poll on f1racing.net. Last time I checked, MS was a 3:1 favourite for the WDC.

FLC
FLC

mcdenife, we have similar opinions on this matter. The sites I was refering to as 'trusted' are considered that way by many people. If you ask me - the only site which is 100% reliable is autosport. Personally, I think that in this case Alonso's words were misinterpreted or taken out of context, since you must be really stupid if you say things that might ruin your last chance of winning the championship, by making your team mad at you. After all, all he has to do is just to shut-up for 20 days.

The point I was trying to make is that people here are inconsistent. The story about Ferrari/FIA connection wasnt published on any of those 'trusted' sites and on the ones that it was pubilshed they mentioned that the source was the bild, which is, at most, a tabloid. But when the story about Alonso/Renault was pubilshed, even in some of the 'trusted' sites, people here chose to actualy think for a minute about the truth behind it. This is exaclty what should have been done with the first story, but since it is not their favourite team, they probably didnt want to bother themselves. More than that, I guess it's the team they love to hate - so it must have been true. Thats shameful.

To those who think this story about Alonso isnt true, I can offer the same answer I got when I pointed to the same fact they are pointing today, from manchild: If it isnt true - they will be put on trial. Yeah, right! :roll:

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

Everybody has to sell :-) I do that as well, so I know... :wink:
This story about Alonso was not on autosport.com - which usually indicates the story doesn't have reliable source. What more - it doesn't go along with other things Alonso was saying lately... IMHO innocent until proven guilty.
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis