Alonso accuses Renault???!?!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jgredline

Is there proof that fernando did even say that. A newspaper link or anything?
To finish first, first you must finish.

ketanpaul

Is there proof that fernando did even say that. A newspaper link or anything?
Its on ITV now.....................

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37585

pRo

Two sides of every story and so on... :roll:
Renault have rubbished claims of a rift between them and their star driver Fernando Alonso, following reports in the Spanish press that sections of the team do not want him to win the world title.

Alonso finished second in China after two tyre blunders left him behind his rival Michael Schumacher and saw his two-point championship lead wiped out.

And afterwards, his comments to a Spanish TV station led to suggestions that the mistakes of fitting an unsuitable set of front tyres, and then cross-threading a wheel-nut, could have been deliberate.

Alonso told Telecino: "The team are all disappointed, apart from those who don't want to the number one to go to McLaren (when he joins them next year)."

But Renault, who lead the constructors' championship by a point from Ferrari, say that Alonso's words were misinterpreted, that relations are as good as ever, and that team members will simply be sorry to lose him at the end of the year.

A team spokesman said: "There is absolutely no internal discord.

"The reality is that the team is gutted (about what happened in China). We are not 100% behind Fernando, we are 150% with him.

"To win the constructors, we must win the drivers too. Simple as that. The two objectives go hand in hand."

Alonso is level on points with Ferrari driver Schumacher with two races to go in this year's championship, but trails the German because he has won a race less.

Eurosport - Jamie O'Leary - 03/10/2006 18:18
http://www.eurosport.com/formula1/japan ... 7341.shtml
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Tom

It is entirely possible that there are now some internal problems at Renault, after all they are loosing their driver, a possible WDC and a lot of technical info (including mass damper stuff) to Mclaren next year. I doubt many people in the Renault camp are 100% behind Alonso at the moment.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

icef1mkd
icef1mkd

Whatever Flavio says about the importance of the titles, I don't believe him. I strongly believe that WCC is more important to Renault because that title is an award for every single member of the team of 700+ people....and not just that - The WCC was one of the primary motives for Renault's comeback in Formula 1. They returned to finish the mission from the 80's, and that is to win the WCC with a 100% Renault car.

They've done it, but now it's a fight for prestige here. Everyone will look at Renault with even greater, enormous respect after they beat the sportscar brand Ferrari and the likes of someone like Schumacher.

And how can they do it with sabotageing their own driver??
"You will never know the feeling of a driver
when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings
that cannot be understood."
Ayrton Senna, November 1988

emburmak
emburmak

Wow! Now Alonso is attacking GF for daring to overtake him?? :confused:

Alonso said he was specifically unhappy to have to fight with his Renault teammate for position.

"I fought Fisichella in the last corner, I overtook him once, he overtook me and I overtook him again. These risky moments, with three races to go in the championship, with your teammate is not good enough.

Link---ALONSO feel deserted by Renaut

Seriously what did Alonso expect Fisi to do? He was 3-4 seconds a lap slower. Hm.. maybe Alsono should have moved over and allowed them to pass. :cool:

pRo

emburmak wrote:Seriously what did Alonso expect Fisi to do?
Probably just what Schumi's teammates have been doing for him, block the competition as long as possible. :roll:

Scuderia_Russ

djones wrote:This is a funny quote from f1-live in their article about FA having a go at Fisi.

"Tomorrow we expect Alonso to hit out at global warming, which must also be responsible for the loss of the championship lead."
:lol: :!:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

boban-mk

Instead of arguing why he said that whe are talking did he said that. Of course one way or another he said someting. If you read the last press conference from Suzuka you will realize the same opinion. He doesn't like some team decisions and also the way Fisico 'help' him.

manchild
manchild

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54933
autosport.com wrote:Briatore also dismissed suggestions by Alonso that some people at Renault will not be happy if he wins the title and takes the number one to McLaren next season.

"That's nonsense, but I understand his bitterness after losing a race that way," said Briatore. "I'm still convinced we can win both championships. If Alonso wins his title it's easier for us to win the constructors'. It's all to play for."

saam
saam

Have a look here folks, its like we have alonso's own fans turing on him, :lol: is there no loyalty in people anymore :roll:

If renault dont win its becasue their own team dont want them to win, if ferrari wins its becasue the FIA wants them to win and its because its SHUMI last season,

OH i can hear the crap coming out righ now........ 8)
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

Ciro Pabón

saam wrote:Have a look here folks, its like we have alonso's own fans turing on him, :lol: is there no loyalty in people anymore :roll:

If renault dont win its becasue their own team dont want them to win, if ferrari wins its becasue the FIA wants them to win and its because its SHUMI last season,

OH i can hear the crap coming out righ now........ 8)
Well, saam, what do you expect? Nobody believes Alonso is a god. Ehem. Loyalty doesn't extend to cover the mistakes of your friends, no matter how much you admire them. Double ehem. Perhaps there is a lesson here. :wink:

Besides, I do not find a good reason, either, for Alonso to complain about the team right now in any other place that in front of the team. Actually, these are the kind of opportunities to "talk to the team" that anybody dreams of and that can galvanize people, I can assure you.

The things Alonso said are best said to the public after all has happened and you do not seem so nervous, don't you agree? Let me put it this way: I've seen in other forum the thread "Alonso injured!" and then the explanation on the first post: "He shoot himself in the foot...".
Ciro

pRo

saam wrote:alonso's own fans
I'm sure you can understand that someone who just doesn't like Schumi isn't automatically a fan of Alonso? :roll: