F1 Design Contest

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

F1 Design Contest

Hey everybody... there is a design contest out for designing Luzzi's race shoes for the Brazil Gp.. just thought you guys wanted to know because we had that topic last month on the FIAT design contest..Enjoy :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/54914
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

Manchild take your cue
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

I entered with different design, this one is just for fun :wink:

[img::]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7210/1boot2yl1.jpg[/img]

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9140/1bootvc8.jpg

*Sorry, I can't make images appear here. I don't know why but imageshack doesn't work that way anymore. :(
Last edited by manchild on 07 Oct 2006, 14:49, edited 3 times in total.

Tom

Brilliant MC, shame about the other one, try sending the URL to me if you like and see if it works for me, can't see why it should but I'm sure I've seen someone put imageshack stuff on since the update so it might just be your PC.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

You can try adding img code to those urls but it won't work. That's what happens when site frobids remote linking. My explorer opens those pics directly from imageshack with no problem but imageshack won't allow f1technical to show those pics. That usualy happens with pics on sites with high security/copyright settings so I've seen it before.

Stupid imageshack! I've uploaded same pics again and now they can be remote linked while same ones from urls from my previous post are there, functional but can't be remotely linked! :roll:

manchild

Something strange is happening here. Someone has edited first post of mine with imageshack links and when I click preview I keep getting some additional text which I never typed some numbers and letters with no meaning :(

Someone typed [img::] code infront which is something I never heard of and pics appear but when I do it myself it doesn't work!

This only happens with posts with imageshack linked pics.

Venom

Excellent designs manchild, I really like!

btw. I can see all designs and have no problems what so ever.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

manchild

I didn't win :cry:

This design won... I though desing should be simple (stupid) not clownish

Tp
Tp

If its any consolation I think your design is better

Tom

Of course its better, MC designed it. What was the prize anyway?

manchild

Thank you all :wink:

Only two pairs will be made. Liuzzi will wear one pair during race in Brazil and other pair with Liuzzi's signature will be given to designer in his own shoe size (will end up on ebay if Liuzzi ever wins WDC :mrgreen: )

:arrow: http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/55250