Saboteur?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bhall
bhall

Damn, manchild, at first I thought you were just making a lighthearted joke out of this. But it's starting to look like you really do believe that Alonso's pit stop was sabotaged.

That's sad.

Rob W

DaveKillens wrote:...How many problems has Renault had with wheel nuts on pit stops? What are the odds that almost the same problem happened in similar races?
True. But then watch an A1 GP then. Rear wheel-nut problems ran at the rate of about 3 per race for the entire series last time and the first race last week it happened again... Countless times they sank a leading car to the middle of the pack.

Rob W

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Unfortunate accidents imo, very very annoying ones however!

If I were the mechanic I would take myself off the job for 3 weeks ;)

Sabotage is a interesting point though, who complained about the mass damper btw??
MMIAFN

Ciro Pabón

Fan Solo wrote:Unfortunate accidents imo, very very annoying ones however!

Sabotage is a interesting point though, who complained about the mass damper btw??
If you were the mechanic and I were your boss, I would offer a choice, either:

a) work with the team sweeping the floor, or
b) work as usual, only if you come clean after spending two weeks in one of the many secret prisons the FIA (the Americans spell it with a "C" instead of an "F", but I believe is the same thing) has around the world, being interrogated by Manchild... :lol: muahahaha!

After all, the mechanic team at Renault is "blue", and one of them could be a "yellow". :wink:
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 07 Oct 2006, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Fan Solo wrote:Unfortunate accidents imo, very very annoying ones however!

If you were the mechanic and I were your boss, I would offer a choice, either:

a) work with the team sweeping the floor, or
b) work as usual, only if you come clean after spending two (or three, suit yourself) weeks in one of the many secret prisons the FIA has around the world, being interrogated by Manchild... :lol: muahahaha!
LOL, Im sure the guy has just been unlucky, I bet he's gutted he could potentially have cost FA & the RF1T the title. Although after the millions the teams spend on the cars it all comes down to a 10 second delay with dodgy nuts would be a bit poor, I wonder if the new design after Hungary caused it?
MMIAFN

tpe
tpe

manchild wrote:You didn't understood me right... If you're a team member and you know your actions can bring harm to team because you're under pressure than it would be fair to confess that and ask to be replaced to another duty instead of sticking to it no matter what even if that means eventualy cracking under pressure and putting team in trouble. Sacrifising your own ego, glory and success for the sake of team is what makes a player a team player and vice-versa.

I'm not leading a lynch mob here and I feel sorry for that guy if those were just accidents but they happened only to him, twice and both times on Alonso's car which unfortuantely makes it very, very suspicious.

I don't see how safety system could start malfunction after 13 races in 2006 and even stranger how and why would Renault re-design it in two-weeks time. I mean, it sounds as if they knew there was a better design but they didn't want to use it.

It never malfunctioned during winter testing, never during practice and qualifying sessions, during 36 days of testing in 2006 and it malfunctions twice on Alonso's car druing closing stages of the race when he has victory in his pocket. That's just too much coincidence.

OK, manchild. Let's say that we all agree with you. could you please point me the section of the article that says "the man did not asked to be replaced, so we did it". How on earth do you know that the desision was not made by the guy?

Moreover, how on earth do you know what the reactions of the team were?
How do you know that happend during winter tests? And why 2 weeks time for a simple PIN, is a small time period? I mean, Renault fixed the piston problem in the same time, meaning the redesign of a simple element is not that simple after all...

manchild
manchild

tpe wrote:OK, manchild. Let's say that we all agree with you. could you please point me the section of the article that says "the man did not asked to be replaced, so we did it". How on earth do you know that the desision was not made by the guy?
After second cockup! :shock:

I had in mind after Hungarian GP.
tpe wrote:Moreover, how on earth do you know what the reactions of the team were? How do you know that happend during winter tests? And why 2 weeks time for a simple PIN, is a small time period? I mean, Renault fixed the piston problem in the same time, meaning the redesign of a simple element is not that simple after all...
That's just my opinion based on impression that double "accident" holds as much water as Montoya's tennis shoulder injury

tpe
tpe

Oh, come on. Honda did the same error in 2 consecutive races. Did they did that on purpose? Please....

So, if you make a mistake, during a very important job, you go yourself to your boss and say, I quit? I do not. Because mistakes are for the humans. And by the way. ONLY IN CHINA there was a mistake. And even Renault recognised the fact of the lower visibility.

Ciro Pabón

manchild wrote:That's just my opinion based on impression that double "accident" holds as much water as Montoya's tennis shoulder injury
Well, I'd say you are right about Montoya's shoulder. This October 5th ESPN interview with Ron Dennis, as a minimum does not clear the motorcycle accident possibility:
It was widely reported that he actually crashed a motocross bike, but Montoya and Dennis were adamant that it was a tennis injury, even though there was nothing in the McLaren drivers' contract that prevented them from taking part in dangerous sports.

Now, over a year and a half later, Dennis still won't reveal what actually occurred.

"I have an absolute understanding of what happened, when it happened, and all the circumstances surrounding it," Dennis said. "But for me it is immaterial to go into that part of our past. It serves no function. The consequences were that he could not race for a number of races, and even the early races he struggled with the injury. That is it."
Now, about the "mechanic bought by Ferrari", I wonder if it is true. I also wonder, if it is false, how much would a Ferrari mechanic cost. It seems the only possibility left for Renault's aspirations :twisted:.
Ciro

bhall
bhall

Manchild, you need to acknowledge that there was a mistake (China) and a design problem (Hungary), not a "double accident." That's the admitted truth from Renault. Your conspiracy theory seems to hinge on there being two accidents, and that's simply not true.

But...even if there were two mistakes, which there weren't, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Renault is completely folding under pressure, as evidenced by Alonso's comments of late.

Scuderia_Russ

Absoloutely amazing thread, ten out of ten for this one M.C!
...Have you thought that their technicians might just be ---?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-