Japanese GP Weather Forecast

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
basrawi

Japanese GP Weather Forecast

Friday 6th October
Heavy rain
High: 22`C
Low: 19`C
Wind Speed: 8mph

Saturday 7th October
Sunny
High: 24'C
Low: 18'C
Wind Speed: 22mph

Sunday 8th October
Sunny
High: 24'C
Low: 16'C
Wind Speed: 18mph
M Basrawi

Principessa

It would better rain on Sunday....ALL DAY LONG! Heavy rains...better shot for Alonso than!

DaveKillens

Well, Principessa, we'll just have to take up a collection and get some Japanese cloud seeding organization make sure it rains all weekend...... j/k

:roll:

In all honesty, I believe Renault have regained what they lost from the mass damper ruling, and are as quick, or quicker than Ferrari in the dry.

Hmm, my mind recalls a certain pass Alonso did last year coming into 130R. I also remember watching the race at Suzuka in 1989 when Prost took out Senna to help claim the title. Then at the same track one year later, Senna paid Prost back, to himself claim the title.
So there have been quite a few spectacular crashes between title protaganists...... but this time Shu leads in the standings, which opens the door for many options, some unpleasant to Alonso fans..

manchild

http://blog.renaultf1.com/index.php?en/ ... l-treat#co
Renault F1 Team blog wrote:A little reminder of what happened in Suzuka in 2005...

So then, who remembers Suzuka 2005? I wrote a few minutes ago that this was a race for the ages and it truly was.

What's more, it included THE overtaking manoeuvre of the season. The headlines of the race went to Raikkonen as he swept round the outside of Fisi on the final lap. But for the connoisseurs, the real event happened somewhat earlier, when Fernando did the same to Michael Schumacher. Except this time, it happened at 130R... the quickest corner on the circuit.

Below is a jpeg of the onboard as he worked up to it...

But we have some special treats too. You will see below the telemetry trace from that famous lap, to show you how it looked to the 'computers'. I have flipped it on its side to get the best resolution, so please lean your heads 90° to the right as you look at it! First, some explanatory basics:

White trace, wheel speed - so how fast the car is going.
Purple trace, gear - from 1 to 6 in the R25.
Pink trace, steering angle - going up means turning left, going down is turning right. See the big peak in the middle? That's the left-hand hairpin after going under the bridge.
Turquoise trace, brake pedal force - the big spikes come every time Fernando brakes.
Blue trace, throttle - how much loud pedal Gonzo is using.

And the moment of beauty comes just after the 4608 meter mark. At approximately 4.8km into the lap, the pink trace spikes upwards very quickly - that legendary aggressive Alonso turn-in. The throttle trace dips to to about 45% throttle. And there is a dab, barely a hint, of brake - just a touch for confidence. The dab happens as Fernando turns in, slamming across the path of Michael Schumacher. He is off the throttle for maybe a second. Then off again - and onto the next victim.

It is a special insight into just what makes 'Magic' Alonso...

FLC
FLC

So according to Renault F1 Team Blog we should expect some after shock earthquakes during the weekend, according to that seismograph? :roll: