Will the FIA try to screw FA/Renault?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Will the FIA try to screw FA/Renault to manipulate the championship?

Poll ended at 22 Oct 2006, 16:19

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 24

beerbellybob
beerbellybob

Will the FIA try to screw FA/Renault?

Okay,

How many of you think the FIA will impose some penalty on Renault or Alonso to make it difficult for them to retain the WDC/WCC this year?

I'm talking about some sort of penalty, car scrutineering tricks or other imaginative hindrance to Reanult/FA before the announcement of the official race results of Brazil and the final championship standings.
Last edited by beerbellybob on 08 Oct 2006, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

Tp
Tp

They god dam better do!

bhall
bhall

Tp wrote:They god dam better do!
Amen, brother. :lol:

Principessa

The FIA has done incredibly stupid things this season, but I don't think that they will be that stupid! F1 would completly loose it's credibility!

West
West

Principessa wrote:The FIA has done incredibly stupid things this season, but I don't think that they will be that stupid! F1 would completly loose it's credibility!
They completely lost their credibility in Germany I believe.

As for now... who knows... they've pulled all kinds of things this year.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Principessa

Yes they did, but I don't think they will risk any more controverse now! Otherwise they are more stupid than I thought :P

manchild
manchild

Of course they will if none of the Ferrari, Red Bull and STR drivers menage to do so.

Title brings millions and giving away few in order to see FA's car smshed isn't high price.

BTW, I disagree with Principessa - FIA didn't make stupid things this season. Stupid things are done by people who don't know what are they doing. What FIA did was premeditated and inspired by very smart but also very evil people with no moral at all.

Stupid was to believe that FIA will govern F1 diffrently than it has done in previous seasons.

FLC
FLC

Do you ever sit back and enjoy the moment, you Renault fans? Do you ever have peace? Why is there always have to be something in the background? Some sort of conspiracy?

Did you see a Ferrari fan openning a topic about MS's engine failure being the result of sabotage? Why now after 5 years of total realiablity in races? What about Massa's slow puncture which Todt desribed as a cut in the tyre?

Thats racing. --- happens. Sit back, enjoy your victory, celebrate it. F1 isnt all about luck, it involves a great deal of hard work.

And dont you make a mistake: Ferrari may want the title pretty bad, but dont forget where they were a year ago: far-far-far away behind Renault. Look where they are now, right there with them, if not slighlty ahead. To those who know how to lose - that is more than enough.
Last edited by FLC on 08 Oct 2006, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

Principessa

FLC wrote:Did you see a Ferrari fan openning a topic about MS's engine failure being the result of sabotage?
It was mentioned though :P

And btw: I don't know if beerbellybob is a Renault fan, so if renault fans just answer, well that's what the forum is about!

manchild
manchild

FLC wrote:Did you see a Ferrari fan openning a topic about MS's engine failure being the result of sabotage? What about Massa's slow puncture which Todt said was a cut in the tyre?
Cut in the tyre caused by pieces of CF from Spyker car (Spyker-Ferrari 2007).

FLC
FLC

You dont need to convince me, manchild. The one that need to be convinvced is yourself. You are the one that thinks that everyone can be bought, everything is a conspiracy and the appropriate way to lose is crying.

By the way, what are you saying? That if it was a Red-Bull-Renault (2007) we had something to talk about? :?

manchild
manchild

They still use Ferrari engines and possibly will use them in STR in 2007. :wink:

Not everything is conspiracy - there is only one conspiracy revealed by Bernie Ecclestone earlier this year: "Ferrari is the only team that gets political support from FIA".

FLC
FLC

The only conspiracy there is, is of those who dont know how to lose, and you dont need the Bild to know about it :wink: . It is the same conspiracy of those who dont know how to win, since they replace the joy of victory with a malicious one.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I thnk the FIA has done it's share of throwing obstacles in front of Renault/Alonso for the last half of this season.
But with just one race remaining, Alonso with a new engine in Brazil, and Schumacher having to climb a very tall mountain, even Mad Max knows when enough is enough.
Salvatore and Renault know that if they put a foot wrong, Mad Max's enforcers will stomp it to jelly withjack boots. So for the last race, I expect Renault to do everything to cover their butts. Charter their own 747 to fly the cars and parts to Brazil, have their own people in place transporting parts. The rules will be strictly adhered to, and a staff of lawyers will be kept nearby and on short notice to reply to any problems.
And who knows the renault strategy? have Fisi qualify with an unrealistically low fuel load just to get in front of the Ferrari train just to mess them up? Or just run everything and everyone ultra-conservative. A one stopper? Very high probability.
Meanwhile over in FIA land, they will shift the focus and attention towards this being Schumacher's last race. Big parties, big headlines, everyone will talk about this being the end of an era, when the man who holds all the records has his last lap.
Ferrari are also good at staged events, how they get their entire team to flood the parc ferme area and victory podium area when Shu wins is something they do well. This time, expect to see a gazillion Red shirted fans flood all areas in front of any camera to steal the focus away from Alonso, and towards Michael Schumacher and Ferrari. The end of an era, long live the king, yadda yadda yadda.

manchild
manchild

C spec. engine, last year's "one race-one tyre" tyres soft compound changed once (1 stopper).

If something unfortunate happens to Alonso than:
Vito Corleone wrote:If some unlucky accident should befall him, if he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in his jail cell or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive.