Will the FIA try to screw FA/Renault?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Will the FIA try to screw FA/Renault to manipulate the championship?

Poll ended at 22 Oct 2006, 16:19

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 24

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

USAF1FAN wrote:
manchild wrote:C spec. engine, last year's "one race-one tyre" tyres soft compound changed once (1 stopper).

If something unfortunate happens to Alonso than:
Vito Corleone wrote:If some unlucky accident should befall him, if he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in his jail cell or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive.
I was thinking of this exact quote when I emailed friends with this, "If Massa somehow collides with Alonso in Brazil, no one in a million years will believe it wasn't planned. Anyone think it's possible?
Its possible but imo FA & JF will quali 5 & 6 simply to steer clear of the red bumpercars.
MMIAFN

manchild
manchild

If ANY driver collides with Alonso.

tomislavp4

But if they qualify 6, 7 or 8 maybe they will loose the constructors title. I guess we´ll find out in a few days :wink:

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Fisi can run his own race, and if he pickes up 6 points or so, then the manufacturer's title is pretty safe too. My opinion is Renault are strategizing for 3rd and 4th. It's very realistic, they won't have to risk anything with Ferrari, and still win the important titles.

flynfrog

manchild wrote:
flynfrog wrote:maybe massa is just as good as FA?
1.If he is as good as FA than he is better than MS.

2.If he is better than MS than he should overtake him not let him pass by at speed as if pigeon has flown into his snorkel.
FA is in a car built for him, Massa is in a car built for MS yet massa still seems to be able to turn blistering laps with it? Its also massas first year of racing F1

Rob W

flynfrog wrote:Its also massas first year of racing F1
He drove for Sauber Petronas in 2002.

Rob W

Rob W

DaveKillens wrote:...I have to say Alonso. And the expereinces he has gone through this year will make him a much better driver during his career. Like raw iron, he has been forged and tempered by the fiery blast of competing against Schumacher and his army.
I agree totally. Alonso has shown nerves of steel at almost every moment of this year, despite having plenty of shoddy luck and rulings (depending how you view it all I guess). His ability to drive blistering times lap after lap in a car which didn't seem to have the pace during practice and qualifying isn't matched by anyone consistently. Not even MS.

I think Renaults massive strength in so many races this year (and last) has been their ability to get their car to perform well in the later parts of each stint... Almost as if their set-up is done exactly so they're faster by miles at the end of stints even if they're only fast-ish at the beginning.

Rob W

mini696

beerbellybob wrote:Just for the record. I am a McLaren fan, have been ever since Mika Hakkinnen started driving for them. Among the drivers right now I'd like to see Kimi winning. So... I'll have to develop some sort of schizophrenic support system next year with Kimi driving for Ferrari. Maybe root for McLaren to win the WCC and Kimi to win the WDC. Impossible situation.
I know how you feel Bob. I'm a McLaren fan, but dont like Ferrari. I like Kimi, but not Fernando. So next year I'm hoping for McLaren to get the WCC, and Kimi the WDC.

flynfrog

Rob W wrote:
flynfrog wrote:Its also massas first year of racing F1
He drove for Sauber Petronas in 2002.

Rob W
I stand corrected

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:Of course they will if none of the Ferrari, Red Bull and STR drivers manage to do so.
Absoloute rubbish. And I suppose that D.C. drove into Massa last week just to keep the whole illusion up?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Carlos
Carlos

I also find the" illusions" and conspiracy theories of small interest--they impart and confirm the philosophy--that all existence and it's manifestations--on every multiple level--are Maya--that is-- illusions of cognition and perception--excluding my own existence of course. :wink:

:idea: Regards Carlos :idea:

manchild
manchild

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Absoloute rubbish. And I suppose that D.C. drove into Massa last week just to keep the whole illusion up?
At least one Ferrari fan wrote here (all by himself) that Massa drove into D.C.

bhall
bhall

He was being sarcastic.

FLC
FLC

manchild, it's time for you to get even more paranoid. It's been reported that Fisichella attended MS's party... I guess if he drives Alonso's car off nobody will be suspicious. Or maybe they will. Not!? mmmm...

pRo

FLC wrote:It's been reported that Fisichella attended MS's party...
...already posted that a while ago. ;)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you