Whats the money on

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wrk

Whats the money on

MS takeing out FA in the last race??

after all a leopard never changes his spots.
gentlemen start your engines......

DaveKillens

I doubt it. Renault did a very good job of keeping any red cars away from Alonso at Japan, they will just stay away from anything red. Don't get close, don't try to pass a Ferrari, and pit if a Ferrari is anywhere behind. All Alonso has to do is finish eighth or better, he can do that while maintaining a healthy distance with any Ferrari.
In the middle of last season Alonso showed that he has enough discipline to back the aggression down from trying to win, to just finishing in the points. he's smart enough to know that going after a win or a pass is foolhardy, and to finish is the only goal in Brazil.
Ferrari would have to order Massa to track down and crash Alonso, if they actually would to stoop to such tactics. He would have to back off his pace and blatantly crash into Alonso. If he did so, there is the very real possibility all his season's points and records would be wiped out.
Een Ferrari know that such blatant tactics would backfire against them. And if they actually did that, expect Fisi to do the same to Schumacher.

sebbe

I agree with you 100%, Dave. Last season Alonso drove his car in a magnificent way, I have to admit that, even when I'm a McLaren fan. Not only he's good at driving it, but he maintains his impulses in control.

Actually I'm beginning to think that Kimi could have overdriven his Macca (as someone suggested a few months ago). Let's be honest, the engine was pretty weak, but his car was always breaking, while Juan Pablo's was more resistent.
I read a post about how the traction control works, and its effects on the engine, pretty hard, isn't it? I know Kimi likes using the traction control system more than Fernando does, perhaps that's the reason Kimi's engines were blowing up constantly; he had to push too hard to catch Fernando up that maybe the combination of that plus TC lead to the weak Mercedes engine failure.
Does it make any sense?
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

RacingManiac

why would MS do it? Still wouldn't win him the championship. Hill and Villeneuve incident if he were to do it he would have something to gain. Parking at Rasscasse would have something to gain. Running FA off the road in Brazil means nothing.....even having Massa do it wouldnt help either as Ferrari are probably more desperate for Constructor than Driver's crown....

now having someone else do it..... :D

Venom

Re: Whats the money on

wrk wrote:MS takeing out FA in the last race??

after all a leopard never changes his spots.
What's the point of that when Schumi has to win the race.

It's more likely to be FA taking MS out to secure championship victory.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

yin
yin

i think sato will do something stupid again....he might crash into schumacher or alonso,or either ferrari or renault car :lol:

Fan Solo

Hey, Taku is a top bloke!:) its Ralf you want to think about!
MMIAFN

Venom

Fan Solo wrote:Hey, Taku is a top bloke!:) its Ralf you want to think about!
Actually, I believe Ralf is the last person on planet to assist his brother in that operation. I know that brother is brother but Ralf and Michael are something beyond that kind.

Sato always does something stupid, otherwise he wouldn't be Sato. :mrgreen:
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Fan Solo

Venom wrote:
Fan Solo wrote:Hey, Taku is a top bloke!:) its Ralf you want to think about!
Actually, I believe Ralf is the last person on planet to assist his brother in that operation. I know that brother is brother but Ralf and Michael are something beyond that kind.

Sato always does something stupid, otherwise he wouldn't be Sato. :mrgreen:
I didnt mean for a second Ralf would help his Brother, quite the opposite in fact :)
MMIAFN

yin
yin

Venom wrote: Sato always does something stupid, otherwise he wouldn't be Sato. :mrgreen:
:lol: i wondering why he can so happy finishing 15th at his home race.

sebbe

I will tell you, yin: because in normal conditions he wouldn't be racing in F1. Any of us can unlap him twice in our worst day.
The only reason he's in F1 is because of Japanese pride (not his pride, Honda's pride).
It's exactly the same as Ralph, he's an idiot and a no-brain, but he's been using his cheating brother's surname to build a career out of nothing. He's just a shell with the face of a stupid man, and he hasn't accomplished anything.

I've been in this shitty mood all day long, people find it kinda funny. :D
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

RacingManiac

sebbe wrote:I will tell you, yin: because in normal conditions he wouldn't be racing in F1. Any of us can unlap him twice in our worst day.
The only reason he's in F1 is because of Japanese pride (not his pride, Honda's pride).
It's exactly the same as Ralph, he's an idiot and a no-brain, but he's been using his cheating brother's surname to build a career out of nothing. He's just a shell with the face of a stupid man, and he hasn't accomplished anything.

I've been in this shitty mood all day long, people find it kinda funny. :D
Sato did win British F3's crown....not many can say that, and certainly not any of us..... :roll:

sebbe

Okay, maybe he won the British F3 crown, so what?
There are many, many drivers who have performed superb in other categories and couldn't do anything in F1 and that were sacked for doing much, much less than Mr Sato. The only reason he's been in F1 for so many years is because the big H has been supporting him.

And I still believe that somebody in this forum could unlap him in fair conditions; I don't care you're a Talent and I'm Junior, I'm still right :D

DaveKillens

Hello yin. welcome to The forum.

How easy it is to dismiss or disrespect a driver from the comfort of your computer. Sato may pale in comparison to his peers, but he is a member of a very select group, each and every very competent Formula One drivers.
I suggest that when someone says a racer can be easily beaten, that they go out and prove it themselves. Personally, I'm not so arrogant to believe I'm that good.

Getting back to your post yin, Sato was happy at Suzuka for a number of reasons. He did manage to represent his nation and team. He also finished. And by the fans in the grandstands, he has a lot of local support. So it's just nice to race in front of them.

ConsFW

Well here's some more info:

"Remaining in F3 for 2001, Sato started the season as clear favourite for the British championship, with good reason. He dominated the championship and broke the record for the number of wins in the British F3 Championship with 12 out of 13 possible victories, as well as first place in the Marlboro Masters of F3 at Zandvoort and the International race supporting the British Grand Prix. He also impressed with his test outings for BAR, which took place mainly at Silverstone and Mugello. Sato ended his Formula 3 career on a high when he won the Macau Grand Prix in November 2001, taking victory in both the preliminary qualifying event and the main race and providing further evidence of the outstanding talent which has earned him a seat in Formula One with Jordan Grand Prix in 2002."

His teammate during his British F3 domination was Anthony Davidson. Unlike all the other Formula One drivers, Sato didn't have a rich mommy and daddy buy him a gokart at the age of 3. Sato started racing at the age of 18, when he saved enough to buy one for himself. Going from no racing experience to dominating the British F3 to Formula 1 in about six years is incredible. I would say that demonstrates talent and ability. Most F1 drivers have perhaps 20 years more experience racing than he does.

Suzuka GP fastest laps:

17 22 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 1:35.082
18 9 Mark Webber Williams-Cosworth 1:35.092
19 15 Robert Doornbos Red Bull Racing 1:35.099
20 18 Tiago Monteiro MF1-Toyota 1:35.260
21 23 Sakon Yamamoto Super Aguri-Honda 1:35.594
22 19 Christijan Albers MF1-Toyota 1:36.036

Now Super Aguri are in their FIRST YEAR in F1; at the beginning of the season they were rushing just to get a running car to the GPs. They were running a 3 or 4 year old Arrows chassis (a car that was not even competitive when it was new!). They have gone from being several seconds off the pace to being able to challenge for position at the back of the pack. If anyone is wondering why Super Aguri were celebrating their 15th place, just take a look at how far they've come and how much they've accomplished in their first season. I can't help but have respect for a team like that.