Whats the money on

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Despite what many might think of Sato, this season I am quite impressed by him. His on track antics aside(run in with Midlands doesn't help, but I don't think Monteiro is that much better as a driver, if at all), he has so far outperformed his teammates, not the least of which was Frank Montagny. And his qualifying performance has been quite solid especially in the 2nd half of the year beating the Midlands. Which considering the 2003 Arrows root of the SA06 is quite staggering.

I think Sato is not slow, he may be a irradic racer, but over a fast lap he can probably raise a few eyebrow.....

15th at Suzuka, considered he finished, beating the STRs, the Midlands. It was an outing Super Aguri should be proud of...

sebbe
sebbe

I was expecting support for Ralph, not for Sato!
What's going on today!? (that means, my day has been strange).
Personally, I'm not so arrogant to believe I'm that good.
I don't think I'm good enough, I was hoping one of you took the credit!

Take it easy Dave, F1 is just a game.
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I wish I could sebbe, and who knows, maybe I did beat him at one time. I race a lot online, and maybe our paths crossed. Wishful thinking, I'm still waiting for that invite to Dirty Mo Possee. lol

bhall
bhall

RacingManiac wrote:...[Sato] has so far outperformed his teammates, not the least of which was Frank Montagny.
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Let's not forget that his first teammate was so bad that he had is superlicense revoked and the other two have had much less time in the car.

Sato fills Aguri's need for a Japanese ass in the seat of that car. No more, no less.

ConsFW
ConsFW

Montagny participated in 7 GPs in the car (hardly "much less") and I don't believe Super Aguri had much, if any, test sessions up until that point. In other words, Sato only had a few GPs with a extremely problematic and premature car prior to Montagny joining - Montagny was not missing much.

You don't want us to be quick to judge Montagny (after 7 GPs), but people do it all the time for Sato. They seem to have this specific category for him, and whenever they see something wrong, they are quick to label him and place him in the category, yet when he does well, nobody notices because it doesn't fit in their preconception of who he is.

What do you expect from Sato anyway? He has already outperformed his teammates; it's not like he chose them anyway. All he can do is perform as well as possible under the circumstances. Would you finally have respect if Anthony Davidson joins SA and Sato regularly outperforms him? Sato has already done that when the two were teammates in British F3. I bet people will just make more excuses.

f1maniac

=D> Bravo!!!well said.