What would you do with FIA?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Which of these is the best idea you would support?

Creation of an independent College of Arbiters (stewards)
10%
Promotion of FIA license as an alternative to normal driver licenses
No votes
Ascent/descend championsip for drivers, creating a "staircase" of driver series
10%
Ascent/descent championsip for constructors, creating a "staircase" of constructor series
No votes
Separation of FIA in three "areas of power" (Montesquieu style), two of them (executive and legislative) to be elected directly by FIA license holders
50%
Creation of FIA license (or ranking or classification) for track owners, engineer-mechanics and sponsors with special privileges on FIA elections
20%
Obligation of FIA licensed tracks to hold "student weekend" special karting events for young people
No votes
Inclusion in engineering faculty courses of FIA promoted areas with internship on "student weekend" races
10%

Total votes: 10

Ciro Pabón

What would you do with FIA?

FIA has had a lot of ideas about how F1 should be. These are my ideas about how FIA should be. Hurry up! Complement them before I send the petition! :)

I apologize in advance in some of these "new" ideas are already working or in the process of implementation. You tell me. I believe many of them are original (well, in the Chomsky sense of the word).

Of course, the questions I posted are there to "attract" other ideas. Please, note that there is not a single question related to "technical matters", all of them are somehow "organizational" questions.

What are your ideas? How many, of the ones I think are original, are already working somehow without my (feeble) knowledge?

NOTE: And, over all, where is the option, when you create a poll, to check several boxes?

I did not manage to allow you to mark multiple answers. :oops: ¿Can it be done? Thanks in advance to siteadmins if they can change the poll this way.
Ciro

Carlos
Carlos

Ciro They are all excellent ideas--no choice is possible--all should be implemented. All--thoughtful, insightful. Basically you suggest a complete overhaal of the FIA.. Is there a method available. At the conclusion of this thread--I would suggest--that F1technical list the entire compelation of suggestions--from all our members--into a petition---and submit it to the FIA. I tried to think of a more forceful method of introducing our input--as we do not have a position on the FIA organizational chart--although some would say a petition is of little use--at least we will have said--we identify problems--we will voice our input--we will not be silent.

Ciro Pabón

Carlos, I was joking about the petition. I do not think that the way to dilute the power is asking the power to dilute itself. It's sort of a "virus marketing" of some things I have in my chest. You can google for Stick it to The Man if you wish... :D

I am sure that the forum members can think this way and come with new ideas for a better organization that attracts the best people (if it is not already there). I wish to think that, then, the technical matters will take care of themselves.
Ciro

geoclassic
geoclassic

It appears as the FIA has turned into a dictatorship. Speak against us, you're in trouble. It isn't unlike any organization that has absolute power. Who oversees the FIA?