Juan Pablo Montoya Radio

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Juan Pablo Montoya Radio

Montoya in his first race on the radio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtduP8T4p_s

Classic Montoya LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIk6UGWWghw
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

sebbe
sebbe

4:09 minutes of boredom. How can they watch cars running in circles?!

I just can't get enough of "F*cking, f*cking Räikkönen, what a f*cking idiot!"
I don't remember that moment... he should have anticipated Kimi doing that...
Keep posting more videos of JPM, at least I can laugh now he's gone from McLaren.
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

flynfrog

does anyone know if he will be racing this weekend in Iowa

i have 4 tickets to the race in iowa

mini696

That was great M3, thanks for posting. Its good to see Juan asking for help and thinking about the race in a smart way. He was so lucky to get away with that crash.

What was the problem with KR?

FLC
FLC

Here's some more f***ing idiot, I think someone already put it on here before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Rk7UZWISY

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

flynfrog wrote:does anyone know if he will be racing this weekend in Iowa

Yes he will be there. :wink:

sebbe wrote:I don't remember that moment... he should have anticipated Kimi doing that...
Doesn't change the truth behind the words... :wink: :lol:
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis

Tom

mini696, watch the first part of that clip, Kimi slows coming into the pits and Montoya gets distracted by it, I think it was single lap qualifying, so it pretty much messed up the whole of Juan's lap, no ones fault but hs own, he shouldn't really have lost anytime to it but he daren't come blasting into the chicane incase Kimi was still there, although he seemed far enough off line to me.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

sebbe
sebbe

Doesn't change the truth behind the words...
Yes, that's right, he made a pretty bad movement there. He deserves the swearing...

I think JP was talking a little too much on the radio with Chip, I expected him to be more confident and ask a few questions, not talking all the time. At some point in the video Chip says something like "it's you on the wheel, buddy, you decide".
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

That clip of JPM on the oval is very interesting. He seems to have so much time to waffle on about who he should be working with and which line to take (most of it under yellow admittedly).
NASCAR is a different breed and completely different mentality to F1 and he seems to be adjusting. 3rd in his first race eh? Seems like F1 was a good training ground for him. :wink:

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

monkeyboy1976 wrote:He seems to have so much time to waffle on about who he should be working with and which line to take (most of it under yellow admittedly).
He once said that he won Indy 500 while joking with Chip Ganassi on the radio. :wink:
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis

joseff

"I'd rather go from zero to hero than stay there."

We need more of this in F1 :)

flynfrog

Ignis Fatuus wrote:
flynfrog wrote:does anyone know if he will be racing this weekend in Iowa

Yes he will be there. :wink:

sebbe wrote:I don't remember that moment... he should have anticipated Kimi doing that...
Doesn't change the truth behind the words... :wink: :lol:
sweet ill get some pictures if you guys ar nice to me :p

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

flynfrog wrote:sweet ill get some pictures if you guys ar nice to me :p
Yes pleease, I'd really appreciate that :wink: :D

mini696

If you dont talk to your team and organise who if your friend for drafting etc, you will get pushed out the back in NASCAR. Juan knows this, Chip knows this. Talking strategy and friendships are a major part of draft racing.

Ciro Pabón

joseff wrote:"I'd rather go from zero to hero than stay there."

We need more of this in F1 :)
`Take some more tea,' the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.

`I've had nothing yet,' Alice replied in an offended tone, `so I can't take more.'

`You mean you can't take LESS,' said the Hatter: `it's very easy to take MORE than nothing.'

`Nobody asked YOUR opinion,' said Alice.

`Thanks M3 Lover' said Ciro.
Ciro