Let's talk about Charlie Whiting..

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Rob W

Let's talk about Charlie Whiting..

I was reading about Charlie Whiting on Planetf1 and thought it was a topic worth discussing. As far a being race controller I have no problem with him... but, when it comes to being the person who gets to see and have knowledge of all technical aspects of every team's cars, it seems very odd that someone with close friendships with (any) team could seriously be considered impartial.

What do you think?

That Charlie is known as being a friend of Ross Brawn's is one thing, but being in a position to disclose or use information against or for any team - even inadvertently - seems very wrong. Such a potential conflict wouldn't be allowed in almost any other sport.

I also think that, such as in instances of the mass-damper affair, all protests by teams be made public. It's highly likely that Ferrari instigated the process and probably even got their team of lawyers to find a way to make the mass-damper 'illegal'. But we can't really know for sure that they were involved can we? So conspiracy theories arise from it. Perhaps it would be better for the sport if all complaints/technical challenges were out in the open.

Rob W

zac510

Please stop with the conspiracy threads, they get very old very quickly.

zenvision

zac510 wrote:Please stop with the conspiracy threads, they get very old very quickly.
ditto. besides, if I remember well in the interview to F1 Racing, Flavio said that it was Mclaren who reported it and may memory continue to serve me right, Ferrari used the mass dampers too.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Frenchblock

zenvision wrote:
zac510 wrote:Please stop with the conspiracy threads, they get very old very quickly.
ditto. besides, if I remember well in the interview to F1 Racing, Flavio said that it was Mclaren who reported it and may memory continue to serve me right, Ferrari used the mass dampers too.
ha ha, lol, mclaren, well i think tha Brawn and Dennis asked thier FIA friends to choose the best time to strike renault!

Ferrari using dampers? lol! they tried it on 2 GP, and it was so --- that they prefered to complain about..

but whiting an fia are too close of cetains friends! and it's not sport and fair! surely!

british are spinners, and love money, don't care much about sport!

FLC
FLC

Frenchblock wrote:british are spinners, and love money, don't care much about sport!
I'm not British, but there is no place for remarks of this kind. Should be deleted.

zenvision

Frenchblock wrote:
zenvision wrote:
ha ha, lol, mclaren, well i think tha Brawn and Dennis asked thier FIA friends to choose the best time to strike renault!

Ferrari using dampers? lol! they tried it on 2 GP, and it was so --- that they prefered to complain about..

but whiting an fia are too close of cetains friends! and it's not sport and fair! surely!

british are spinners, and love money, don't care much about sport!
:roll:

Brawn asking Ron a favour?! :lol: So, let me quote you what Flavio said:

Flavio"But we were using mass dampers last year - and I think 7 teams at oene time tried to make them work, too. Not all of them succeeded. And at Magny-Cours was a bad time for some - no,maybe only one - of the teams that didn't manage to copy, and they complained.

Bish: Mclaren?

Flavio: Yes, Mclaren.....

If you have more information than Briatore, please enlighten us. In fact he didn't even mention Ferrari once in the Mass Damper-Gate.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Principessa

People, If you would check the forum before posting the same old conspiracytheory this would save me and Tomba a lot of work closing threads that are on the same subject over and over again!

This topic is closed!