The Doctors

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

The Doctors

Nope, not Prost, or Rossi, Can anyone tell me if Proff Sid Watkins is still on the GP scene, I haven't heard about him being active since 1996, although i think he was in the car in Interlargos when a Saulber ripped the door off ('01? vids appreciated)

I'm in a hostel at the moment so I haven't many resources, can anyone tell me if he has been replaced, who the new cheif medical officer is?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

On January 20, 2004, Watkins announced his retirement from his various medical positions in the FIA, but stated his intention to continue as President of the FIA Instititute for Motor Sport Safety. FIA President Max Mosley appointed Watkins's longtime deputy Gary Hartstein as his successor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Watkins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Hartstein

f1.redbaron

I think I remember hearing something about an online petition to get him knighted...anybody else hear the same?

Tom

Thanks guys, I was curiouse because I read his book which only goes upto 1996 and that was the last time I heard of him after Martin Brundle's big accident at Melbourne, from which he walked away unharmed. I don't remember his name mentioned when MS broke his leg so I was a little unsure.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.