Driver win celebrations

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

How to celebrate & F1 win?

Little wave past the pits?
No votes
Punching the air for a bit?
5%
No hander over the line?
5%
Rolling Burnout over the line?
91%

Total votes: 22

Fan Solo

Driver win celebrations

Just been watching a few vids on YT & have come to the conclusion that a bit more than just a punched fist out of the cockpit to celebrate a win is required.

Fernando has brought a bit more I think, the weaving after crossing the line Japan was cool & didnt he nearly get out of the car on the in Spain this year?

Would certainly make it more exciting i think.

manchild

I'll vote when I menage to translate poll options :roll:

Fan Solo

I was feeling a little devil may care sorry lol :lol:

m3_lover

I was thinking that the winning driver does the regular drive by... but has a cardboard sign that he shows to all the drivers on the drive by... reading "You got Owned"
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

pRo

Not just a rolling burnout over the line, but a real one after the line. \:D/

(Yes, I know the rules :?)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

joseff

Is there a no-burnout rule? I thought burnouts went out of style with the 2-weekend engine rule.

Tom

I thought Alonso was going to dump it doing all that weaving, he wouldn't have cared, it has happened before though. I don't remember who or where or when (mid 70s I think) someone got their first and only F1 win and subsequently binned the car into the barriers, reversed out and drove it home.

Although I'm all for a rolling burnout, but I bet the FIA would moan. Watch the DTM and NASCAR for real over the line celebrations.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

pRo

It's forbidden to drive the track in the opposite direction and you can't do a rolling burnout without it.

IIRC it's also required for the drivers to drive straight into parc ferme after the finish.

It's all in the regulations though, check fia.com if you want the exact wordings. 8) They went "out of style" long before the two engine rule and the reason are the rules. I remember there quite a bit of bitching and moaning by the fans when it was banned. :?
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

DaveKillens

Because of the post race and parc ferme rules, the car and driver have to go straight to the parc ferme. Even if allowed, doing a burnout withanother race expected of the engine is foolhardy to say the least.
It's really a person's private choice on attitude, their perception on whether to be humbly quiet, or outrageously wild. The common theme in most pro sports is to do a dance, make noise, trash talk, and generally make a big thing out of it.
It comes down to a person's attitude, whether just the act of winning or scoring is good enough all by itself, or whether more entertainment factor has to be piled on it.
Over in NA$CARland, burnouts have become almost mandatory, but of course, NA$CAR is more about entertainment and being the great comfort sport to millions who really don't care, or know much about the intricacies of racing.
Personally, I don't get anything out of a burnout, apart from an internal wince from knowing how much damage is going on inside the car, and the untold hours by dedicated mechanics that are wasted.
Each of us watches racing for individual and distinct reasons, and we all see what happens from our own personal perspective. To each their own.

allan

i think alonso blew up his last V10 engine in the chinese gp 2005, am i right????

Fan Solo

Parc Ferme huh! I do fully understand the reasons but as well as this sport being the technical pinnacle of motorsport the whole reason its done is for entertainment too, or at least it should be anyway! Whilst I find the whole technical side interesting, I certainly dont go to Silverstone & camp for three days each year just to see what size the wheel nuts are on a particular car. I go because I love F1 as an event, ie entertainment! An unmentioned driver losing it at Farm this year in practice being a particular highlight ;)

How about this then....

Each driver who wins a GP gets a lap in a specially prepared to FIA spec 'winners car'

Aforementioned driver then preceeds around the circuit in a cloud of smoke giving the fans something to really cheer about followed by an online vote after the race leading to the best celebration lap of the season award :)

Gets my vote lol, I bet Alonso could hold a drift like no other ;)

Tp
Tp

Fan Solo wrote:Fernando has brought a bit more I think, the weaving after crossing the line Japan was cool & didnt he nearly get out of the car on the in Spain this year?
I prefered Schumacher's weaving when he won the title in France, that was like Alonso's but much more violent weaving.