Michael Schumacher For Life !!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:
Scuderia_Russ wrote:You've got issues Manchild. I hope Schuey doesn't own a rabbit and a large boiling pot of some kind because your mental instability might just see the two coming together very soon you loon.
I could say that anyone who admires such cheater without a bit of moral also has "issues" or "mental instability" but I'm not saying that. Countdown clock is satire just as majority of other Schuey-related things on my site.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. It's the border line obsessiveness of it all that is worrying.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

It's not obsessiveness, I like F1 soooo much and there he is all the time for 15 years - the guy I blame for ruining F1. Imagine how it was for me and other people who got sick of him after what he did in 1994 to watch our belowed sport going down for 11 years... year after year there he was with his dirty tricks scoring wins and titles and I had to watch that. That's like seeing your daughter dating some lowlife. You love her and want the best for her and there is that guy ruining everything. So if Schuey wasn't so much in focus or if he was playing fair that there would be no "obsessiveness".

Since 1994, for me and I think for many other people watchig F1 has turned not into cheering for someone but cheering against Schuey because what he did in 1994 and tried once again in 1997 was outrageous. So as Renault fan I cheered for Senna, Hill, JV than for Mika, Montoya, Kimi, Alonso because every win and title Schuey won seamed to me like another nail in the coffin of F1.

As I've mentioned before on several occasions - I liked him and admired him in his first couple of sesasons but what he did to Damon in 1994 was simply unimaginable and never seen before in F1. He instantly lost my respect and only strengthened my opinion about him with his move from 1997.

The driver who should have beed expelled for life from F1 after 1994, deffinitely after 1997 remained in F1 for almost a decade more and he is constantly being presented as greates ever or best ever when the truth is that his enormous number of titles and wins actually denies possibilty that thay've been won fairly. If a driver has same number of titles as Senna and Prost together and has a chance to have same number of titles as Fangio and Senna together that something is very, very fishy especially having in mind his racing biography filled with cheating.

He won it all, broke all records and what was the price F1 paid for that? Loosing Lotus, Brabham, Tyrell, Ligier, Cosworth including many other teams - that's the price of Schuey & Ferrari domination.

pompelmo
pompelmo

manchild wrote: I could say that anyone who admires such cheater without a bit of moral also has "issues" or "mental instability" but I'm not saying that. Countdown clock is satire just as majority of other Schuey-related things on my site.
you're probably alonso on this forum, regading to your hate of Schummy...stop browsing the net and start mentaly preparing for the races

flynfrog

pompelmo wrote:
manchild wrote: I could say that anyone who admires such cheater without a bit of moral also has "issues" or "mental instability" but I'm not saying that. Countdown clock is satire just as majority of other Schuey-related things on my site.
you're probably alonso on this forum, regading to your hate of Schummy...stop browsing the net and start mentaly preparing for the races
:lol: quite possibly the best conspiracy therory yet

Carlos
Carlos

I too have found MS's actions in 1994/1997 discouraged my interest in the sport--but I knew that , at one point, MS would retire. There are so many fasinating aspects to Gran Prix--the technical, nationalism. personalities, drivers,marketing, cross-pollenation of tech from related fields--ie aerospace and many others, the sponsors, the cars and more
I felt my interest in the sport would outlast MS--and it has. He may have a place in F1 in the future--as an executive , consultant or other position, he may even return in the future as a driver once again--But to me--a new Era of F1 begins in 2007.

Regards Carlos

saam
saam

In 1994 and 1997 I think some people havent watched what i did....

Hail....rain master :lol:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/B ... B38559.htm
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

pRo

Carlos wrote:I too have found MS's actions in 1994/1997 discouraged my interest in the sport--but I knew that , at one point, MS would retire. There are so many fasinating aspects to Gran Prix--the technical, nationalism. personalities, drivers,marketing, cross-pollenation of tech from related fields--ie aerospace and many others, the sponsors, the cars and more
I felt my interest in the sport would outlast MS--and it has. He may have a place in F1 in the future--as an executive , consultant or other position, he may even return in the future as a driver once again--But to me--a new Era of F1 begins in 2007.

Regards Carlos
Very well said Carlos, my thought exactly.

I haven't been a fan of anyone (on F1) since Senna, but I've always cheered for whoever has been racing against Schumi. I couldn't have cared less for some of them, but every normal driver deserves a cheer instead of a cheater.

I've been a fan of Heikki (Kovalainen) for years though, so next year will be great for me. I have a favourite driver to cheer for and there's no one I hate anymore. I wish the season would start already. 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It's sometimes amusing how fans can be so polarized, and view the world through rose (red?) colored glasses. Manchild's countown clock on his web site http://f1manchild.googlepages.com/main.htm just states.. "Schuey Retired in xxxxxxxx". Just purely factual, not even anything dispariging. So if you are offended, please ask yourself what offends you.
In Formula One, you have to have a very good car to even contest for the top five. What makes Michael Schumacher unique is not his driving skill, but his ability to drive his team to deliver a superb car and team, year in and year out. Witness the consistent high finishes of his teammate if you doubt that statement.
There are many young Ferrari and Shu fans out there, and I actually hope they watched the 2001 season to the present, and most important, remember. Because in the following years, we will see a return in Formula One from the boring, beat-me-over-the-head domination to much more exciting racing by many more teams and racers. And then many of those same fans will re-think their emotions, and come to the realization that someone who amasses such impressive statistics as a racer isn't such a wondeful person. Heck, not even his own brother will hang around after the race to party with the retiree.
Michael Schumacher will retire as the man who has impressive (by any standard) statistics. Wins, poles, titles, many more. But if you gauge him just by his statistics (which anyone has the perogative to do so), then you must also have to live with the statistic that Michael Schumacher also leaves the sport posessing the most penalties and fines.

bhall
bhall

I think it's funny how people demonize Michael Schumacher - and admittedly, some of it is deserved - yet literally worship Ayrton Senna without reservation. I mean, does anyone remember Suzuka in 1990? How is that different than what Schu did in 1997 (the incident with Hill in 1994 was a racing incident, no matter what anyone says)?

My theory is that no driver is as good or as bad as people think. Regardless of anything else, emotions always come into play. So if you've got a problem with Schumacher or anyone else with immense talent but a not-so-stellar personality, and something "questionable" happens, it immediately becomes something evil, and accusations of cheating start flowing like a wild river, and that reputation never dies. By the same token, if a driver has the same remarkable talent but a more palatable personality, his "questionable" actions are simply dismissed as the mark of a determination to win. Why the hypocrisy?

I'll tell you what I think: it's because Senna died on the track. I'm not saying that he was and is beloved for that fact alone, he was an amazing driver and it was a privelege for all involved that he was around, but his untimely death elevated him to a mythic status. It happens every time someone who's highly influential in their area of life dies during his or her prime. Hendrix, Morrison, Cobain, Joplin, JFK, King, Clemente, each pioneers in their field with undeniably "questionable" aspects to their lives, are all examples of this totally understandable phenomenon.

I'm saying all of this because it's sometimes helpful to realize that the heroes are often very similar to the villains. And I think it's mostly circumstance that determines which category we put them in. But you can't have one without the other, and you can't reach "hero" or "villain" status without giving people a reason to think.

Schumacher's incredible race record is the reason people think. And because he's still around to be taken to task for anything "questionable" he's ever done, people do just that.

I apologize for the rant, and I mean no disrespect to Ayrton Senna or his fans. I'm just growing tired of all the questions and bashing. Since at least 2000, Michael Schumacher's been the benchmark by which all other drivers are measured, and the sport will be losing something great after tomorrow. I just think that should be noted and respected, even if it's done begrudgingly.

Scuderia_Russ

bhallg2k wrote:I think it's funny how people demonize Michael Schumacher - and admittedly, some of it is deserved - yet literally worship Ayrton Senna without reservation. I mean, does anyone remember Suzuka in 1990?

Exactly what I was just about to write Bhallg2k.3. It's not only Suzuka 1990 though.

-At the restart of Estoril 1988, Senna squeezes his McLaren teammate over towards the pit wall at 180 mph, close enough to the wall to make nearby team personnel step away from the it. Prost proclaims that if Senna wants the Chamipionship so badly that he's willing to die for it, that he can have it. Senna does win the title that year, though not without a fight from Prost.

-At Imola 1989, Senna renegs on a no-passing pact with Prost. Prosts accuses Senna of being dishonest. Senna retorts, "Are we racing, yes or no ?". But why make the pact if you are not going to stick to it?

-At Suzuka 1989, Senna and Prost collide. Prost is out, but Senna continues on to win the race, and, he thinks, the title. But Senna is excluded from the race for missing a chicane on his restart after the collision, and Prost takes the title.

-Still smarting from the official ruling which handed the 1989 title to Prost, Enraged, Senna warns Prost not to turn in on him at the first corner. Prost does so anyway, and with breathtakingly dangerous determination, as 24 cars bear down on them going into the corner, Senna keeps his foot planted and rams Prost, taking them both out of the race and handing himself the title. A year later, Senna admits the move was deliberate.

After the Suzuka 1990 incident, the FIA fined Senna $100,000 and gave him a six-month suspended ban. Senna, knowing his value to the sport, refused to pay the fine. The FIA threatened to withold his superlicense and demanded an apology for certain comments made in the press. Ron Dennis stepped in and paid the fine and Senna retracted his statements.

-Senna's clash with Nigel Mansell in Canada in 1992.

This is a record the text of a 1990 televised argument between Senna and Stewart over Senna's driving tactics. This is excerpted from Christopher Hamilton's "Ayrton Senna - As Time Goes By". Notice Senna's description of his own tactics, in that he depends on the the other driver to take full responsibility for avoiding an accident as he completes his overtaking maneuver. Also note Stewart's comments about Senna's collision record.

INTRODUCER: Hardly a season goes by in Formula 1 without at leas one major row but never has a controversy split expert opinion so squarely as the one surrounding that first corner collision involving Senna and Prost at Suzuka two weeks ago. For example, our good friend Jackie here believes that Senna's driving has been highly questionable all season. What's more he doesn't mind saying so, even to Senna. In this interview a former World Champion and the new World Champion meet for a frank exchange of views. [FILM OF THE CRASH IS PLAYED]

SENNA: He knew I was right with him, I was not far behind, I was right with him and when I was right behind him he moved to the inside line going towards the first corner, I just chased him then and he opened the gap. And knowing me like he does know, he must realise if there was a gap I was going to try and overtake him. Under those circumstances, he should never have opened a gap in the first corner and then come back again - because, by doing so, he opened the gap, gives the gap and then closes it. In those circumstances there was no way to avoid an incident.

STEWART: Right. But that only happened, Ayrton, because you saw the gap - and I accept that, you're a racer - but a mature racer has to also think if he closes the door again we're going to have an accident. And in fact there was a high-speed entrance so there could have been a very serious accident.

SENNA: Absolutely.

STEWART: So would it not have been more prudent under those circumstances to at least have seen if the gap was potentially going to close?

SENNA: Not at all. He was in a position where he could never - under no circumstances - put his car anywhere near mine in a difficult position, because if we happened just to touch - just to touch - and have a wing damaged or a flat tyre, he had everything to lose. And under those circumstances my understanding was that he would never move against me in the first corner. I was very surprised when I found myself with him moving the car over mine [WAVING FINGER].

STEWART: So in that case you were calculating that he would give way, that he would let you through?

SENNA: Of course. He would not close the way he did from the moment he made the initial room [STILL WAVING FINGER] he would not come back and close the door again.

STEWART: A calculated risk?

SENNA: Of course. [SHRUGS SHOULDERS]

STEWART: OK, let me ask you another difficult question. If I were to count back all the World Champions - and, after all, this is the 500th grand prix, if you totalled up all of those great champions [SENNA SMILES LANGUIDLY] and the number of times they had made contact with other drivers, you in the last 36 months or 48 months have been in contact with more other cars and drivers than they might have done in total.

SENNA: I find it amazing for you to make such a question, Stewart, because you are very experienced and you know a lot about racing and you should know that by being a racing driver you are under risks all the time. Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver - because we are competing, we are competing to win and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It's not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. Right?

STEWART: But hasn't that always been the case?

SENNA: Sorry?

STEWART: But hasn't that always been the case with all the great champions?

SENNA: Absolutely. [FILM OF THE CRASH IS PLAYED AGAIN] And if you go back… [TALKING TOGETHER]

STEWART: But it didn't happen…

SENNA: But if you go back in history and talk about the incidents and so on, then you'll find that I've been myself leading most of the races and finding back-markers in front of me and I was never involved in leading races with other people. [FILM OF A CRASH WITH BERGER IN BRAZIL, THEN THE CRASH WITH PROST AT THE CHICANE, SUZUKA 1989, IS BEING PLAYED] There were three, four events only when I was leading a race at the first corner and like many other people I've been involved.

STEWART: I have to believe though, Ayrton, there must be some fault and I respect totally your ability, you're the fastest grand prix driver in the world but I have to speculate that it can't all be right that you have this many collisions, if you like [SENNA STONE FACED] whether it be with back-markers or whether it be with lead changes, it just happens too often. Don't you question yourself if...

SENNA: But I think it's all irrelevant, all what you are saying Jackie is really irrelevant because I am a driver [VOICE RISING A LITTLE] that won more races than anybody over the past three years, I am a driver that's been on pole position more than anybody in history and I am a driver that won two titles in the past three years. I cannot comprehend how you can try to [RAISES LEFT HAND, PLACES TWO FINGERS HORIZONTALLY AND TWISTS THEM IN A CORKSCREW MOTION] turn things around to say that I have been involved in more accidents than anybody — because that is not true as well. I don't really understand the point.

STEWART: I'm sorry, I don't agree with that because…

SENNA: Then you should go back [POINTS FINGER AT STEWART THREE TIMES], you should go back ten years from the date of today and [WAGS FINGER] look not only at the leaders, you should look at the middle [HAND WAVING] the middle field drivers and the back field drivers

STEWART: I speak of the champions…

SENNA: ….. and find, find by yourself that what you say is not quite right [FLICKER OFA SMILE].

STEWART: Well, I would be happy to go back with you and go through the Fangios and the Clarks and the…

SENNA: No, you only have to go back ten years, you only have to go back ten years, the modern Formula 1, that's what we are talking about [THIN SMILE].

STEWART: So you feel totally comfortable that the technique of driving that you use has not in any way developed into a situation where the gap opens up and it's taken spontaneously - because you do go for gaps, and we have all done it in our careers.

SENNA: When there is a gap [RAISES HAND], when there is a gap it is designed for being in a competition at a very high level [meaning the gap happens in a very high level of competition] with cars going so close as they go today, with the same horsepower, with the same level of grip, with the same low aerodynamics, you all know with the different circuits where it is very difficult for overtaking - because the circuits are designed not in an appropriate manner for overtaking manoeuvres - you either commit yourself as a professional racing driver that is designed to win races [WAVING HAND] or you come second, or you come third, or you come fifth and I am not designed to come third, fourth, or fifth. I race to win as long as I feel it is possible. Sometimes you get it wrong, sure, it is impossible to get it right all the time but I race designed to win [WAVING LEFT HAND] and as long as I feel I am doing it right some people agree, some don't. In the end I am the one who is doing it, I am the one who is driving and I can only do what speaks for my mind [meaning what I think].
-Henry Ford-

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:He won it all, broke all records and what was the price F1 paid for that? Loosing Lotus, Brabham, Tyrell, Ligier, Cosworth including many other teams - that's the price of Schuey & Ferrari domination.
This just doesn't make sense. You're blaming Ferrari and Schuey domination for the demise of teams that went to the wall when he was still wearing Benetton overalls! Ken Tyrell retired with a nice fat cheque from British Amewrican Tabacco, and Cosworth as sad as it is haven't produced a product that people are willing to invest or have faith in.
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

bhallg2k wrote:I think it's funny how people demonize Michael Schumacher - and admittedly, some of it is deserved - yet literally worship Ayrton Senna without reservation. I mean, does anyone remember Suzuka in 1990? How is that different than what Schu did in 1997 (the incident with Hill in 1994 was a racing incident, no matter what anyone says)?

Senna was no saint but he was a great sportsman while Schuey has no sportsmanship at all and that's what makes that huge difference between them. Both of them were excellent drivers but Senna was a great sportsman while Schuey never shown a slightest bit of sportsmanshim in career that lasted 15 years.

The diffrenece between Suzuka 1990 and 1997 is enormous. Prost and Senna had their clash in 1989 nad what Senna did wasn't good but it was pre-announced payback since Prost had responsibilty of Senna loosing WDC in 1989. Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve haven't done anything to Schuey in previous season and what Schuey did wasn't a payback but premeditated action do get rid of rivals he wasn't able to beat fairly. Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve were innocent victims while Prost wasn't. Not to mention that Senna and Prost were teammates in 1989 when first incident happened.

1994 was no racing incident because Schumacher's car was already destroyed enought before he smashed into Hill with that wrackage. He had hit the concrete wall sideways demaged suspension, tyres were already worn out and with such car he wasn't able to race so it wasn't a racing incident but desperate move of driver with badly demaged car to badly demage car of his rival.
Scuderia_Russ wrote:Ken Tyrell retired with a nice fat cheque from British Amewrican Tabacco, and Cosworth as sad as it is haven't produced a product that people are willing to invest or have faith in.
Ken Tyrell didn't want to sell the team. He was very bitter and stated so clearly. He was pissed on BAT.
When "F1 needs Ferrari" policy of Mad Max started dying of Lotus, Brabham, Tyrell, Ligier started too. There was only one team being saved by the FIA while the rest were sacrifised for dominance to come. That's still going on with Cosworth being latest victim.

Regarding one more rewriting of F1 history and maing out villains out of Senna just to justify Schuey I have no comment.

mep

manchild I really feel sorry for you because it seems that
you are blind of hate against Schumacher. :cry:
Spendig all the time to blame him.

manchild
manchild

mep wrote:manchild I really feel sorry for you because it seems that
you are blind of hate against Schumacher. :cry:
Spendig all the time to blame him.
Don't be sorry :wink:

I really feel sorry for those who are blind to see the truth and who are blaming one of the best ever to justify actions of worst ever - Yes, the one with most titles and wins but worst ever when it matters sportsmanship. Titles and wins without sportsmahip have no value except the one on Schuey's bank account.

mep

portsmanship!!!!????

You really are blind.

You blame him for having a bad character??
I say you one thing Alonso has a strange character
or how can you explain me allways those stupid dancing after
a victory which he hasn't earned. :twisted:
Which he only got because the man who ruled the race had
a technical failure.
Kimi for example, he was all over him in many races last year
and lost because of a little problem.
And --- alonso was cheering after the race and kissing his
tires for a victory which was not his one. :evil:

He is dancing and making motions to blame the other drivers after the race. :twisted:
So I ask you: Is this nice ????

What makes Schumacher in this case?
You remember Hakkinen in Barcelona, loosing the clutch
a few bends before the finish line and Schumi wins.
What has Schumacher done after the race?

He sayd sorry to Mika and sayd that he don't want to
win in this style.
He wants to be the best and he knows that in this race Mika
was better and admitted this.
And now have a look Mika is going to the party of Schumi.
And he says that Michael is a great driver, he even likes him.