Brazilian GP 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tp
Tp

There's a consensus among both Renault and Ferrari that they did collide, both also agree it was a racing incident.

wazojugs

When schumi was coming on to the home straight before attempting to over take he went on a wider line near the rosberg incident than fisi and others thats where he picked up the puncture

RH1300S
RH1300S

You couldn't script a better outcome:

Filipe wins his home GP
Fernando is crowned champion at the final race and drives a strong race when less would have done him (typical FA ;))
Our Jense showed his class
&
Michael was prevented from a win, but drove with supreme skill and hunger

Magic

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote:
formula1.com wrote:Renault R26 - front-wing development

Not surprisingly, the last race of the season sees relatively few changes. This one was introduced at the last round and remains for Brazil. The knife-edge profile on the front wing's endplate has been widened, in turn reducing the overall section of the wing elements. This is to reduce airflow disruption caused by the front wheels close to the extremities of the wing. With the airflow hitting the front wing finding less turbulence, this cuts drag and improves overall aerodynamic efficiency.

Image:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I knew I'd seen that somewhere before:

Is it just me or have they ran out of ideas ever since the mass damper(gate).

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

I have read a different report on how & when the puncture occured in every report I have read.

Its getting obvious now that no pics exist to prove or disprove the theorys, the Times says Fisi's front wing was damaged and you only have to look at the way the tyre ripped apart & the shape of the R26 front wing to see they hit.

I wouldnt expect both teams come out & agree what happened without proof. No doubt Fisi had a great black rubber streak on his wing ;).

Also, most the load was being taken by the right rear tyre in that corner, so you wouldnt necessarily notice a flat immediately & as soon as MS unwound the steering wheel it went wobbly.

Shame really, Im a Renault fan no doubt but the excitement of the race was hurt because of it, Schumi would have won no doubt, but the overtaking move on Alonso & the tension preceeding it would have gone down in history, Massa pulling over would have made history, MS does all he can to win the WDC, wins his final race in amazing style but losing out as FA finishes in the points.

MS goes out in proper style on the top of the podium & retires
FA & Renault win the championships

Now thats perfect! :)

manchild
manchild

I don't even want to think what would happen to Alonso if Schuey ever reached P1. Alonso would let him pass for sure but after Massa would let him take P1 than end of the season wouldn't be so smooth at all.

allan
allan

manchild wrote:I don't even want to think what would happen to Alonso if Schuey ever reached P1. Alonso would let him pass for sure but after Massa would let him take P1 than end of the season wouldn't be so smooth at all.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

manchild wrote:I don't even want to think what would happen to Alonso if Schuey ever reached P1. Alonso would let him pass for sure but after Massa would let him take P1 than end of the season wouldn't be so smooth at all.
Would give us something to talk about though hehe, all a bit anticlimactic so far doncha think?

A great season yes, but it was so close to being F1 nirvana.

Mikey_s
Mikey_s

In a perverse way I was glad (in hindsight) that Schum had problems over the weekend. If not for the fuel problem we probably would have seen a red front row and Schum driving off into the sunset - he would have undoubtedly won the race, but I think it would have been uninteresting to watch. Instead we saw him determined to win from 10th spot and was looking good for a great victory from there when... puncture :cry: ... at least that was my initial reaction. However, to see him nurse the car back to the pits and then storm his way back to 4th was fantastic.

I think we saw vintage Schu, his pass on Kubica was masterful... I'm coming through regardless and forced his way through... great stuff.

I thought Jenson had a good day - his move on Raikkonen was a great (perhaps rather uncharacteristic) move - I hope it gives him the confidence to do more of it.

A great race... and a fitting end to Schum's career - he went out fighting. Adieu.
Mike

Lightspeed

Does anybody know why Schumi lost drive for brief periods during the race (thus giving JT near heart attacks) ?

Scuderia_Russ

"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

A couple of times MS slowed because he pushed so hard he went off the clean line with new tarmac and onto the marbles, no loss of drive, just MS making extra sure he didn't chuck it all away.

Interlargos must be one of the best circuits in the world, I've never known a boring race there. The FIA will be cutting it from the 2008 calender then?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Nice observation F1.Redbaron :D

I forgot to mention:

Michelin also left the sport on a high.

Perfect weekend 8)

ginsu
ginsu

if fisi actually cut michael's tire, wouldn't we have seen a reaction force on his car? would'nt fisi have gotten a little squirrely, after all he was mid-corner....i watched very closely, and had the opportunity to rewind and watch it several times...i'm damned sure that they did not touch...schumi was driving really hard and went off line several times...that's what happens when your pushing so hard...the fact is that schumi had a moutain to overcome and he fought as hard as he could, but luck was not on his side....if you actually feel sorry for schumi then i ask that you look back at the last time he won the WDC, he was barely even excited, he was so accustomed to winning them...

...this year was great, schumi happy to be on the podium, ecstatic to win races, fighting, and sometimes out of frustration, cheating...we saw the best that schumi had to offer (and worst)...and he is a true racer and climbing back up to this final race with alonso was, in my opinion, the true highlight of his career...so what, he didn't win, he doesn't need to win to prove that he is a great driver...the fact that he fought as hard as he could...he pushed that ferrari beyond the limit...he set a fastest lap just after refueling...he really wanted it and that what counts...seeing schumi struggle this year has made it sooo much better than other years like 2004 especially.

personally, i think this was one of the best years in F1 since 98-99...thrilling down to the last race...and so many new people on the podium...massa winning in brazil...first since Senna...as a brazilian I think that is just about as good as it gets...obviously, i did not want to see massa pull over to let schumi pass, that would have been awful, so personally, everything turned out perfect in brazil.
I love to love Senna.

Phoenix

Mikey_s...you put it well my friend. The more I thik about it, I do not know a better way that he could have gone out. Sure a win and the DC would have been great, but that would involve Schumacher running away from the field. What I witnessed Sunday was more than just a race, it was passion and pure poetry in motion. I do not know about anyone else, but I could literally SEE Schumacher driving his heart out, and the purple only drove the fact home (no pun intended). I believe Windsor said a few times during the race "Young driver take note, because this is Schumacher at his best."

I bid farewell to MS and thank him for doing what he does best and what he loves. He NEVER gave up that entire weekend, took EVERYTHING in stride and did his BEST. That, to me, is the mark of a true champion and I will never forget what I witnessed that fall afternoon.