Brazilian GP 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mikey_s

Ginsu,

a couple of comments on yours;
I too looked hard at the video of the first pass on Fisi and I confess i couldn't really see a touch. However, both Brawn and Flav have said that there was contact, so I guess that they should know (they also said that it was a racing incident). Like I said, in a curious way I think it made the race better to watch.

The second comment; I don't ever recall Schu having been anything other than delighted to win a race... oh wait a minute, there was Austria and Indy (special cases!) - all other times he was like a 5 year old kid at Christmas... I know of no other driver who enjoyed winning so much as Schu, one reason I cannot believe he quit - he clearly still has the passion, and he always enjoyed winning... seems he ain't such a bad driver either! not bad for an old (if not as old as me!) fellow :D

I'll miss him, but I can't wait until next season which I think will be the closest yet (but I think it will be between Massa and Kimi, that's all... my money is on a redwash!)
Mike

RH1300S

Those still wondering about the MS puncture - he is what Autosport have to say:

"The ensuing contact, as Fisichella was squeezed by a late-braking Schumacher into Turn 1, was as fleeting as contact can be. A study of the video replay reveals that there were just three frames, a mere eighth of a second, in which there wasn't clear daylight between the Renault's front wing and the Ferrari's rear tyre.

Schumacher admitted afterwards to feeling no contact, and Fisichella's front wing also showed no evidence of the brief brush with the Bridgestone rubber. Yet there is little doubt that it was this contact, rather than any debris from Nico Rosberg's accident, that ruptured the tyre and ended Schumacher's hopes of victory"

Inconclusive but probable

F1 tyres are onbviously very fragile - perhaps with one tyre next year Bridgstone can beef them up a little.

But really, the incident only helped to make a good race. I am thankful that Michael was able to run his last race in full attack mode rather than cruise & collect mode. Despite his faults, I still think it is better that he leaves us with that memory - for his detractors, consider it a view of the way it could have been throughout his career (but sadly wasn't)