What A present

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

What A present

The Shaikh Mohammed bin Raschid Al Maktoum gifted Schumi an Island in Dubai that costs around 4.5 Million Euro. The Island will be finished in 4 years.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Steven
Owner

Just as posted here: http://www.f1technical.net/news/4304 ;)

And FYI, those Islands are built mainly by Belgian companies

zac510

They build islands?? good grief.

Steven
Owner

Yes it's a very famous project. The company is in fact a dedging company (of which 2 of the 5 largest companies are Belgian) and they make the islands by spitting up dirt from the bottom of the sea.

I've seen a documentary about it and it's amazing to see how it works.

One of these companies is http://www.jandenul.com/ who own the largest dredging boat in the world.

DaveKillens

I wonder if Shu wil request that it be completed in the shape of a big number "1" lol

f1.redbaron

zac510 wrote:They build islands?? good grief.
Yeah, and then build airports on them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansai_Airport

G-Rock

I think the Sheik sees at it more as a marketing tool than a good hearted gesture for a complete (albeit famous) stranger. Just imagine how many people would like to buy an island in the same area as Michael Schumacher. Now if he gave another island to Madonna and Elton John, he would sell out the rest of his archepeligo in a matter of weeks...
--------------------------------------------------------

manchild

I guess Irvine, Barichello and Massa will form a coast guard around Schuey's island, patrolling and keeping strangers away :lol:
Last edited by manchild on 25 Oct 2006, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

RH1300S

G-Rock wrote:Just imagine how many people would like to buy an island in the same area as Michael Schumacher.
Willi Weber

Jean Todt

Max

That leaves a lot of islands that could be hard to shift

monkeyboy1976

RH1300S wrote:
G-Rock wrote:Just imagine how many people would like to buy an island in the same area as Michael Schumacher.
Willi Weber

Jean Todt

Max

That leaves a lot of islands that could be hard to shift
:lol: :lol: :lol:

manchild