I've had a vision

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djones

I've had a vision

Brawn and PM (the engine guy) have left Ferrari. They are going to go to BMW for a year and after that year (when they have sorted the team out) Michael Schumacher joins them in a come back year when he has got bored of been at home with the kids.

What are your thoughts on that? :D

BMW have already shown their interest in MS, indeed I think they offered him something insane like $200m to drive for them over 3 years.

Tp
Tp

I suppose it's plausible. But I can't imagine Schumacher, Brawn and Martinelli going into competition against a team they've built up, especially when they had such a strong relationship with the team.
Last edited by Tp on 28 Oct 2006, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix

Tp wrote:But I can't imagine Schumacher, Brawn and Martinelli going into competition with a team they've built up, especially when they had such a strong relationship with the team.
Did you mean to say you can't imagine them going into competition withOUT a team they've built up? I am confused. :?:

Tp
Tp

Phoenix wrote:
Tp wrote:But I can't imagine Schumacher, Brawn and Martinelli going into competition with a team they've built up, especially when they had such a strong relationship with the team.
Did you mean to say you can't imagine them going into competition withOUT a team they've built up? I am confused. :?:
Sorry, I meant to say I can't imagine them going against Ferrari, a team they've built up.

bhall

It's been reported that Martinelli is going to be working somewhere within the FIAT company next year, so I don't think that idea is gonna fly.

But Brawn moving to BMW wouldn't be such a surprise. It's been rumored that he would take Todt's place as Sporting Director after his hiatus next year. But I don't know why Ferrari would appoint a fairly high-profile guy within the team like Stefano Domenicali to take over as Sporting Director for only a year, knowing that they would demote or lose him altogether the next year. I think promoting Domenicali only makes sense if it's known within Ferrari that Brawn won't be coming back at all.

As for Schumacher, I don't think he's going to do anything for a while. But again, a team-building move somewhere else wouldn't be a big surprise. Making a winner out of BMW or some other team would cement his winning legacy. Yet my personal feeling is that he'll end up as Sporting Director for Ferrari at some point.

Scuderia_Russ

Re: I've had a vision

djones wrote:Brawn and PM (the engine guy) have left Ferrari. They are going to go to BMW for a year and after that year (when they have sorted the team out) Michael Schumacher joins them in a come back year when he has got bored of been at home with the kids.

What are your thoughts on that? :D
I wish... :(
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

allan

bhallg2k wrote:As for Schumacher, I don't think he's going to do anything for a while.
i don't think so...
he got a new job:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zcOK7sCHDw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpa9hnJAGeY