New McLaren Livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zenvision

I really wish it was photoshopped but I think the shades prove that it isn't. Still may they change their colour scheme, every other car seems to be RED!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Saribro

Looks perfectly unphotoshopped to me.
Yes, the rear wing profile and endplates DO look like that.
That's not a flat spot or anything, it's just the vertical mount for that mini-wing on the back of the body that's just peeking out from behind the tire.
It's visible here:

Sawtooth-spike

i thing they will run that livery during testing and then have a whole new look end of pre season. After all vodaphone are paying alot of money to be branded with mclaren, and they know test pictures get looked at alot. so why not have a big vodaphone logo on the car?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

manchild

Faaaaaake! That tyre looks like it was attacked by Tasmanian devil! :lol:

f1.redbaron

Saribro wrote:Looks perfectly unphotoshopped to me.
Yes, the rear wing profile and endplates DO look like that.
I stand corrected. I wasn't too sure, so I tried to compare it to the other side, but that billboard made it a little difficult.

Here is a better picture:

manchild

Sorry, seams that I was wrong :oops:

Phoenix

With that post by Redbaron I don't know what my final conclusion is on the picture. The first time I saw it I was sure, but now...I'm indecisive.

Phoenix

Would Mclaren really run a livery like that?

DarkSnape

it`s a fake.. !! for shure there r so many strange things. .... [-X

bhall

According to F1Racing.net, the livery is real.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=134670

"Spanish newspaper Marca claims it has the first photo of McLaren's new livery. At Valencia McLaren was covering miles with Lewis Hamilton and Pedro de la Rosa so Vodafone could shoot promotional videos of the car. A McLaren spokesperson though said it is only a livery try-out."

"It looks like McLaren's car is going to look a lot like the photo Marca published, but it is not a final livery. The McLaren spokesperson said the final livery will be revealed at their launch in January."

Phoenix

Nice find bhallg2k! But do you believe EVERYTHING they put in the news? :D I'm just kidding, I believe it's real now as well.

fwa2500

looks slightly different to how i envisioned it.....

atleast its not final....

johny

that model will change a lot, just notice all new sponsors, also vodafone would have more presence

joseff

whatever, we'll have extra fun doing the mcSpykerRarri guessing game next season.

Lightspeed

Cool CGI's

enjoy! 8)