New McLaren Livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

An exclusive photograph taken by Spanish newspaper Marca shows that part of McLaren's next livery will be Ferrari-red.

The photo, depicting Pedro de la Rosa at the wheel of this year's MP4-21 car running behind closed doors at Jerez, shows the silver racer with red sidepods and white logos in deference to the new title sponsorship with former Ferrari backer Vodafone.

A band of red colour also runs down the spine of the single seater's engine cover, while - according to Bild newspaper - the rear wing, now a similarly deeper shade of red than this season, will boast the name 'Vodafone' in 2007 rather than that of Emirates.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

overdrayv

here's the pic

sebbe

IMHO that's fakery... McLaren was able to maintain in secret the old livery, the reflective paint I mean. How come that now they were so stupid to let people take pictures of their new car? If you see the rear left tyre in redbaron's post you see square edges in the inner side, touching the rear wing.
Time will tell...
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

joseff

I, for one, welcome the return of red & white (well, close) McLarens.

manchild

This is the worst fake pic I've ever seen, this guy even signed himself on it :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tom

Your version please MC, This must be good.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Hondanisti

Phoenix wrote:Would Mclaren really run a livery like that?
I agree. The predominantly red sidepods are butt ugly to me.

fwa2500 wrote:looks slightly different to how i envisioned it.....

atleast its not final....

This one is much better and maintains the silver arrows idea IMHO.

Which one Dr. Z, Ron , and Norbert end up deciding over after a few beers and games of darts and mud wrestling each other in a wet t-shirt contest is unknown.
Hungaroring 2006: Honda Stopped Dreaming & Got On With It!

INTEGRATION & LEARNING

kimi_khodr_raikkonen

kimi is the best

Hondanisti

the spyshot photo's sidepods has too much red...it almost looks like an MP4-21 and a 248 F1 got together and had an illegitimate love child that became the ugly duckling....
Hungaroring 2006: Honda Stopped Dreaming & Got On With It!

INTEGRATION & LEARNING

Mikey_s

I wondered how long it would take for the other teams to realise that the more red paint you put on a car the faster it goes :wink:

(although there are exceptions to every rule, viz; Toyota and SA)
Mike