What a joker ;-)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild

What a joker ;-)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55529

:o :shock: :-s
Fisichella wrote:I'm confident to win the world championship; I will be a main player together with Raikkonen and Alonso."
:lol:

pRo

Who's next? Barrichello, Coulthard or Button? 8)

Even if Fisi had the best car, he still has a faster team mate. :D
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Tom

JV has more chance of getting the '07 title than Fisi
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

RH1300S

I just read that too.........sad to say all I could do was roll my eyes and snigger. Nice guy, quick, smooth and all that - but I just cannot see a championship in him - even if he has the best car. First sign of trouble and the head drops.

Button - on the other hand COULD win a championship given the right car.

ATM I only see Kimi & FA as likely contenders - but I am very interested to see how the Newey/Webber/Renault thing pans out :wink: (probably a big ask for this year 'though).

Mikey_s

no, no, no, this is all wrong... historically this is DC's role to play :D
Mike

f1.redbaron

Re: What a joker ;-)

manchild wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55529

:o :shock: :-s
Fisichella wrote:I'm confident to win the world championship; I will be a main player together with Raikkonen and Alonso."
:lol:
When I first saw it on F1racing, I knew you'd be all over that!

Spyker MF1

So its wrong for Fisi to think he can get a WDC but Button who is a slower driver with a slower car is some how beleivable when he says he's gonna win it next year :evil:
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

j4kwan

Ya I think that's a funny one too.
Fisi is good, smooth, possibly* fast...BUT for one thing I've noticed in interviews, he doesn't have mental strength to be a champion. Fisi's always remarking about not being able to take the car to the limit, or not perfectly balanced because of wet conditions. This could be true for everyone, but Fisi admits to defeat all the time.

Phoenix

Button is no newcomer to the F1 circut, but I guess he has this persona that people want to believe that he can be a title contender (which he can be), but moreover, so can Fisi. However, I agree that Fisi lacks mental strength that Button may seem to have. This off-seson will bring out more on this subject of contenders of the 2007 title.

mini696

He has had the chance the last two years to win the championship. I cant see him doing it now. Maybe the car will be designed more to his liking and that will help... But I doubt it.

Tom

Sorry about my short and rather cruel post previously (I was a little annoyed, someone trying to charge me £50 for a car battery!!!) what i should have said was on his current form and mentality Fisi will not do well, but I thought, if he were to read a forum like this he would be really badly motivated and saying he can't do it isn't going to help him.

Very alike Elio de Angelis in the Lotus, when he wasn't doing well he sunk into a rut. Renault must not let this happen. He can win the champ if they are all motivated.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

West

Don't knock the guy... who knows he might actually get better.

Obviously the car makes the difference, but remember Honda sank in the rankings from 2004 to 2005 as did McLaren 2005-2006. Toyota was probably the worst offender from last year to this year.

It's better than him saying "I was better than Alonso I just didn't want to show it" or something similar.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Heikkirocks

Er... might be a tad bias here, but believe in Heikki, the first GP will be interesting, but, JV got pole and nearly a win in his first GP in '96 who's to say that HK could'nt put Fisi into his seemingly 'give up' mode as he went into against FA after the second race of '06? HK winning in Oz? I don't know, but, who knows? well, I said a 'tad' bias!!

pRo

Heikkirocks wrote:well, I said a 'tad' bias!!
Now's a good time to make few bets for him winning the title too. The rates are quite nice. ;)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

NickT

Alonso over whoever is in the #2 car
Mika over Massa
Kovie over Fisi
Button over Barachello
Coultard over Webber

Championships? - not sure, but the team will be the one who gets the best out of the tyres the earliest, so I guess that will probably be Ferrari and Kimi
NickT